The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

ZoS, please update us on light attack changes.

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The changes proposed were to lower the ceiling, but as many threads already provided they actually would have widened the difference between ceiling and floor in tanking, healing, and full bash weave stamina rotations.

That difference between vision and reality, to be honest terrifies me a bit. And while I trust you to rethink the changes to be more inline with raising the floor, I would love to see developer thoughts after player feedback.

I think we deserve an update.
Edited by zvavi on March 30, 2020 12:49AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait for Monday, they will probably update the PTS again with developer comments. They don't usually comment on articles. At this point in time, they're just being a silent observer, gathering any feedback they can. They did comment on Codes post because it was so well made, I suggest people to do the same instead of "HEY ZOS, whats going on?".

My bet and hopes are this based on feedback:

Damage:
    • Nerf LA to 40% dmg instead of 78%.
    • Buffs to HA stay the same.

Sustain:
    • Nerf LA restore to between 25-50.
    • Buff MA-> HA to have resource return gradually increase with the damage, the same way LA's increase to HA's. About 30% less resource return vs live, buff Restoration Staff/Heavy Armor or Sword and Shield to bring healers/tanks back in line.

Added bonus hopes:
    • Make empower scale from LA-> MA-> HA instead of ONLY working for HA's. In an effort of making things intuitive, this is the only logical course of action. Empower use to effect both, not sure why they're so keen on adding extra gates. They need to make all these sources increase in damage/sustain the longer animation time you use. That is intuitive, Live and PTS does not achieve this by seperating the function of all these attacks and empower. Making the game more complicated than it needs to be.
    • Nerf bash damage. We do not need a bash weaving meta. The utility of interupting is the function this attack should serve. Why do magicka end game parses need to rely on bash weaving to be competitive vs stamina parses. This does not help the power gap and is not remotely fun to weave like the simplicity of light attack weaving. At least bash weaving is less debateable amongst the community as a necessity to the game.

Edited by MashmalloMan on March 30, 2020 1:27AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, the update is not good at all. It's an experiment that's gone wrong in so many ways it's terrifying. But if ZOS will simply make insignificant adjustments to it on Monday (and I'm pretty sure it's what will happen), it will show us all that they're not interested in any kind of feedback, and already have decided to roll the changes into the next update.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, the update is not good at all. It's an experiment that's gone wrong in so many ways it's terrifying. But if ZOS will simply make insignificant adjustments to it on Monday (and I'm pretty sure it's what will happen), it will show us all that they're not interested in any kind of feedback, and already have decided to roll the changes into the next update.

Given the wording in the announcement, I'm cautiously optimistic that ZOS is actually interested in our feedback... this time. Monday's changes, or lack thereof, will be telling.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for Monday, they will probably update the PTS again with developer comments. They don't usually comment on articles. At this point in time, they're just being a silent observer, gathering any feedback they can. They did comment on Codes post because it was so well made, I suggest people to do the same instead of "HEY ZOS, whats going on?".

My bet and hopes are this based on feedback:

Damage:
    • Nerf LA to 40% dmg instead of 78%.
    • Buffs to HA stay the same.

Sustain:
    • Nerf LA restore to between 25-50.
    • Buff MA-> HA to have resource return gradually increase with the damage, the same way LA's increase to HA's. About 30% less resource return vs live, buff Restoration Staff/Heavy Armor or Sword and Shield to bring healers/tanks back in line.

Added bonus hopes:
    • Make empower scale from LA-> MA-> HA instead of ONLY working for HA's. In an effort of making things intuitive, this is the only logical course of action. Empower use to effect both, not sure why they're so keen on adding extra gates. They need to make all these sources increase in damage/sustain the longer animation time you use. That is intuitive, Live and PTS does not achieve this by seperating the function of all these attacks and empower. Making the game more complicated than it needs to be.
    • Nerf bash damage. We do not need a bash weaving meta. The utility of interupting is the function this attack should serve. Why do magicka end game parses need to rely on bash weaving to be competitive vs stamina parses. This does not help the power gap and is not remotely fun to weave like the simplicity of light attack weaving. At least bash weaving is less debateable amongst the community as a necessity to the game.

I agree with all, in particular medium attack & bash.
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait for Monday, they will probably update the PTS again with developer comments. They don't usually comment on articles. At this point in time, they're just being a silent observer, gathering any feedback they can.

Yeah, they are collecting data, and that is all that is probably all that is happening. Since this is outside of the normal PTS activity, I don't expect a patch to PTS until they have reviewed comments, and then only if they have another scenario that they want to test. (Edit: Remember that Greymoor is coming and all of this needs to be ended, and removed, for Greymoor on PTS)

I just hope that after this is over, they provide some indication about what they observed. I would prefer that they don't just leave everyone hanging with no feedback from them.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 30, 2020 10:46AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they come to agree that nerfing light attacks will harm the floor the most and that they should not be touched.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.