Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Would you pay for new PvP only DLC?

justaquickword
justaquickword
✭✭✭✭
Simple Question.

If "Yes" What type of PvP content would you like added? (Please don't answer "A type that works")

Just a straw pole to see what appetite there is for it and what ideas all you forum experts have.

Please don't let the thread descend into a "Cyrodiil Performance Issues" rant.

👍

Would you pay for new PvP only DLC? 307 votes

Yes
40%
GilvothCresBerek_BloodfangMurderMostFoulssewallb14_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESORikumaruNeillMcAttackkillingspreeb16_ESOSeptimus_Magnaliningtonsweldingb16_ESOYukon2112MalthorneAhPook_Is_Herestuartx13Wihurikargen27Mojomonkeymansirstongitch2 123 votes
No
59%
Maddjujuvailjohn_ESOItsMeToodarthgummibear_ESOPinesy1mirgDaveMoeDeehaploeb14_ESOJasmineMoldoviaEsha76KungfuxaraanMadyGythralDanikatAlienSlofKhenarthiNanfoodlenoob in denialMitrenga 184 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not ever going to pvp, so not paying for something like that.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, I’m thinking about paying AMAZON lol.
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What content would even be involved in a PVP only DLC, terrain and buildings arranged in slightly different ways to Cyro and IC? What's the point?
    Pixels arranged in a slightly different way is not content worthy of money, just like buying the same mount with different textures isn't worth the money.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sorry OP, but it’s hard to discuss paying money for anything PVP related without bringing up the reality that PVP is unplayable due to performance, so why would anyone pay for something that is unlikely to even work?
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Here is an idea of mine:
    "League of Champions":
    Competitive arena tournaments queue for 1v1 & 2v2 battles.
    Unique rewards: from cosmetics to special collectibles.
    Associated achievements & ranks.
    Ranks, for example(based on Oblivion):
    Pit Dog
    Brawler
    Bloodletter
    Myrmidon
    Warrior
    Gladiator
    Hero
    Champion
    Grand Champion

The advancement in ranks will depend on the Kill death ratio per matches:
    Pit Dog: 0.5
    Brawler: 1
    Brawler: 2
    Bloodletter: 3
    Myrmidon: 5
    Warrior: 10
    Gladiator: 15
    Hero: 20
    Champion: 30
    Grand Champion: 50

*The server will calculate the KDR. Every 7 days there will be a reset.

*This is a prototype, more can be added to it!

Enjoy! :)
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2020 9:40PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nothing wrong with Cyrodiil, they just need to fix it so we can play it.

Be safe
    Options
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Here is an idea of mine:
    "League of Champions":
    Competitive arena tournaments queue for 1v1 & 2v2 battles.
    Unique rewards: from cosmetics to special collectibles.
    Associated achievements & ranks.
    Ranks, for example(based on Oblivion):
    Pit Dog
    Brawler
    Bloodletter
    Myrmidon
    Warrior
    Gladiator
    Hero
    Champion
    Grand Champion

The advancement in ranks will depend on the Kill death ratio per matches:
    Pit Dog: 0.5
    Brawler: 1
    Brawler: 2
    Bloodletter: 3
    Myrmidon: 5
    Warrior: 10
    Gladiator: 15
    Hero: 20
    Champion: 30
    Grand Champion: 50

*The server will calculate the KDR. Every 7 days there will be a reset.

*The is a prototype, more can be added to it!

Enjoy! :)

Good call.
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sorry OP, but it’s hard to discuss paying money for anything PVP related without bringing up the reality that PVP is unplayable due to performance, so why would anyone pay for something that is unlikely to even work?
    Nothing wrong with Cyrodiil, they just need to fix it so we can play it.

Be safe

Pretty much this.

Also, IC was originally a "PvP DLC", and look where that got us.
    Even though it became part of the base game a few months ago, it's still mostly empty, populated mostly by telvar farmers and the occasional ganker - although the latter seem to be an increasingly dying breed.
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't pay for any extra DLC personally I just sub; none of them are worth "paying" for when a monthly sub can get me all of them after all.
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Siege and castle conquering but without mounts so smaller map and in addition you could hire mercenary npc with with medium-large amount of AP during slow hours. Like currently there is siege limit, you could only use them if certain area does not have enough people or unbalanced faction numbers.

Resurrection also disabled and if you die, you won't be able to stay dead. Auto-spawn on nearest safe keep.

Ap earned would come to you from attack/defending regardless where you are if you participated on it. To get ap would have to reach certian treshold to be qualified. Hidden point counter like BG etc. have that determines how much ap you earn.
    Edited by Thokri on March 29, 2020 9:52PM
    Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Not worth paying for when the performance is so poopy. I already subscribe to ESO+ and buy all the new chapters.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Not worth paying for when the performance is so poopy. I already subscribe to ESO+ and buy all the new chapters.

A DLC for only 1v1 and 2v2 battles like I proposed above won't have any performance issues since it is small scale only.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I'd pay for anything as long as it worked
    PvP needs more love.
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why would I pay for a DLC for the most neglected part of the game?
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I very rarely play PvP so I've got no reason to pay for more of it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes but I think adding new PvP content to the game would be a mistake. The PvP pool of players is thin enough as is. Scattering the players across more content would hurt all of PvP.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    No
    there are still class balance issues
    there are still overpowered and under powered armor set specially considering some of best armor set for pvp is still coming from pve.
    there is still considerable performance and lag issues in cyrodill.
    there is still issue of toxic players in BG and their punishment for toxicity is not enough if they ever get punishment to begin with.
    all that and pvp map or pvp mode must come as feature along with new chapter to make the yearly chapter more interesting for pvp players as well, selling pvp map/mode separately is super greedy, like i said it must come with new chapter as feature.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    At least ES 6 will be patched by mods/fans so it will work :joy:
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cirantille wrote: »
    At least ES 6 will be patched by mods/fans so it will work :joy:

Fallout 76..yeah.

Bethesda has gone pretty much anti-mod, even though all of their games were made working by mod community after release.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    With the success of IC being so short-lived I fail to see the point in Zos considering doing a PvP only zone. Yes, there is PvE in IC but that is pretty irrelevant to the PvP community since that was likely the people who were the largest part of its population back in the day.
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah, I’m thinking about paying AMAZON lol.

^
    Options
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭

Hah!

No need to apologise to me.

I was just interested to see what the opinions were if they rocked up next January and revealed there would be no new PvE content but instead they were releasing new PvP modes for the same money over the course of 2021.

Purely hypothetical.

😏

Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    would i want one? sure.
    with current performance and balancing issues?
    Edited by dsalter on March 29, 2020 10:55PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    vestahls wrote: »
    What content would even be involved in a PVP only DLC, terrain and buildings arranged in slightly different ways to Cyro and IC? What's the point?
    Pixels arranged in a slightly different way is not content worthy of money, just like buying the same mount with different textures isn't worth the money.

Why would it have to do anything with Cyro or IC. We're talking new DLC, not base game improvements.

They could make an entire zone filled with arenas. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, maybe some form of battle royal that runs every hour.
    New sets that drop in those arenas, monster set, Arena weapon for winning free for all battle royal.
    They could get fancy and add Gladiator skill like.

That is exactly why we need something other then Cyro. I switched for the most part to BGs where you can actually play.
    If we had DLC fully committed to expanding on many different types of arenas, we could actually have more different options besides laggy PvP, or no PvP at all.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the DLC was called: "No Lagg in Cyrodiil"

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    If its available with ESO+ the sub will be the most they ever get out of me for a PVP or dungeon DLC never going to buy either.
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If it was no CP only
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it would bring back the famous "beta eso pvp experience", yes. Cyrodiil was constant fun while it worked as a game you expect from a large publisher (and studio).
    Options
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nopes, I'm fairly over PvP, I'd rather chill out and do things at my own pace - I gots ooold! :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Options