Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Ever run a Dungeon/Delve with someone and not get a chance to thank them?

Lixiviant
Lixiviant
✭✭✭✭
I have a Crafter and I really wanted to craft Kragenacs Hope to try on my Healer. But, this character, only level 33, is about nil in the combat and was having a problem finishing the Fighter's Guild Quests to get to the Earth Forge. Hanging around Artaeum fishing, decided to run Traitor's Vault for the hell of it. Another player, level 540, entered with me and we ran the entire delve having a blast. Then, I asked if they could remember how to get to the skyshard in there. We got lost, had to pretty much kill everything again before we finally found the skyshard. Before I had a chance to message them and ask if they would like to do something like this again, they they said "Thanks!" and rode off into the sunset. They probably didn't want to hang around with a level 33, but I didn't get a chance to tell them "hey! I have a Level 500 I usually run!" This ever happen to you?
PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that cp mattered in that situation :D happy to hear you enjoyed overland :3
    Edited by zvavi on March 28, 2020 9:17PM
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recently started running dungeons again because the dungeon finder kind of sort of works for me now. I do wish there were a way to give some kind of kudos or endorsement to someone. My friend and I ran Moon Hunter Keep with a staff wielding (!) tank, and they were the most competent tank I've seen to this point. Absolutely amazing work. The healer wasn't half bad, too!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    For an update to this story, I did finally finish the Fighter's Guild Quests today on the low level character and crafted Kragenacs (haven't tried it yet). I agree it would be nice to give kudos for someone who was helpful. Guess if I used a mic it would of been easier, but I don't normally do that when I'm running solo.

Thanks for the replies!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't really think the CP mattered too much in this case, in terms of the delves and overland content you can basically solo just about everything aside from world bosses. (as in the high level player can do it all by themselves they have no incentive beyond helping a friend to ever group for overland content)

I have helped out plenty of lower level players while wandering around in the overland zones, I give them a hand then am back to what I was doing before I noticed them.

As for dungeons I always make a point of typing "thanks for group" at the end, seen plenty of people just drop group before I have even finished typing that short message, even then all you have to do is type it into the zone chat for the dungeon and they will see it.

As for Kagrenac's Hope its more of a PVP healer set or a set you take if you know players in your group are going to die a lot/your doing vet content with a group that has not done it yet and you expect them to fall victim to the mechanics quite a bit. In normal dungeons the revive bonus tend to go to waste.

You can usually get away with a magica damage dealer set up on a healer for normal dungeons without issue.

Edited by bmnoble on March 28, 2020 10:39PM
    Options
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will grab a low level and run w/ them. I feel sorry cause I can 1-2 hit most adds and they wont get exp if I just kill everything before them.
    also if your lvl 33 and have a crafter why you no hit hard?
    why you run healing gear and abilities in overland?
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for dungeons I always make a point of typing "thanks for group" at the end, seen plenty of people just drop group before I have even finished typing that short message, even then all you have to do is type it into the zone chat for the dungeon and they will see it.
    "GG" works too if you want to be super quick. Some people drop too fast for even that, though. I guess the thanks wouldn't be that important to them. I'll try your idea of dropping it in zone.
    Options
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    "GG" works too if you want to be super quick. Some people drop too fast for even that, though. I guess the thanks wouldn't be that important to them. I'll try your idea of dropping it in zone.
    there is an emote you can equip as well and it drops it in area, not grp chat
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there is an emote you can equip as well and it drops it in area, not grp chat

Ohhh yeah, I forgot that was a thing. Which one do you use?
    Options