Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Npc's need to start social distancing

kaisernick
kaisernick
✭✭✭✭✭
Why oh why do we have to have npc's in certain areas chase us around the entire area.
Im not just talking about everyone favorate ambassador, but there are so many areas where npc's will run up to us asking for help and if we dont acept the quest they follow constantly.
Hell the silvenar followed me and thanks to him i got heat for opening a thief trove.

Come zeni people are not stupid if they approch us with a quest people will pick it up if they want it otherwise just have them stay where they are once they apperar.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREE whenever I hear “do you know how long I’ve been looking for you?” I throw that rapids on and start sprinting
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn, Ayrenn, where have you been?
    Do you know how long I’ve been looking for you?
    Options
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Thus far, the region with the highest confirmed case count is Craglorn.
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Halt! I was sent for you!" Man that dude is annoying!
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know those red highlighted NPC's need to learn about personal space, I am just minding my own business, casually walking past and for no reason what so ever they decide they all want to die by my hand.
    Options
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop.
    Options
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Well, just lick those npcs. If you are a khajiit this will seem less odd than for others...
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
    Options
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    "Hail, mighty warrior!"
    (I love her enthusiasm every time I fly past her on my mount in Summerset :D)
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    ...there are so many areas where npc's will run up to us asking for help and if we dont acept the quest they follow constantly.
    So? Accept the darn quest, then let it lie idle until you feel like going there. Its not rocket science... :p;)
    Hell the silvenar followed me and thanks to him i got heat for opening a thief trove.
    Well, duh. Serves you right for being a dirty, rotten thief! :p;) Okay, actually for being a silly thief who doesn't check if there is anyone looking before doing the stealing... but once again, tell him you will take care of the questing, then go do yout pilfering and come back for the hero work... whenever.

I never have that issue, since I do most quests right away anyhow. Yeah, I let the Wrothgar ambassador stew while I do mainquesting and cadwells... but hey, it makes more sense that way! And the quest log is not so short that one or two idle quests will clog it up beyond usefulness...
    Options
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...there are so many areas where npc's will run up to us asking for help and if we dont acept the quest they follow constantly.
    So? Accept the darn quest, then let it lie idle until you feel like going there. Its not rocket science... :p;)
    Well, duh. Serves you right for being a dirty, rotten thief! :p;) Okay, actually for being a silly thief who doesn't check if there is anyone looking before doing the stealing... but once again, tell him you will take care of the questing, then go do yout pilfering and come back for the hero work... whenever.

I never have that issue, since I do most quests right away anyhow. Yeah, I let the Wrothgar ambassador stew while I do mainquesting and cadwells... but hey, it makes more sense that way! And the quest log is not so short that one or two idle quests will clog it up beyond usefulness...

First off acepting the questin the area would not make the Silvenar vanish as its a quest where he follows you so acepting it would have ment he would follow me regardless.
    Second i and i know others do not like to have their quest journal filled with quests they dont intend to do hell there have been many threds asking to abandon cadwells silver and gold quest.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358240/let-us-be-able-to-ignore-cadwells-silver-and-gold
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409340/can-we-please-make-cadwells-optional-or-hideable
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/503731/abandon-caldwell-gold-silver
    I dont see how hard it would be to have a npc run up to when you enter the area but then not triggerd to follow you unless you take the quest.
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Problem is that there are so many of them that on a new toon they can quickly take up most if not all of your quest journal, leaving no room for things like writs, pledges and other dailies. To say nothing about quests you actually want to do.

So yeah, unless you have a genius way of having 30+ quests in a quest journal with a 25 quest limit, this isn't really a solution.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off acepting the questin the area would not make the Silvenar vanish as its a quest where he follows you so acepting it would have ment he would follow me regardless.
    Point taken. Still, don't steal with an lawful NPC in tow! Not like he follows you forever, only until you done the deed and he skips ahead to the next questing point...
    Second i and i know others do not like to have their quest journal filled with quests they dont intend to do...
    But most of them don't really bother you, do they now? Even cadwells you don't actually have to pick up after the mainstory, right? You can always let it lie there in the sanctuary...

Of course, its far less aggrivating to just DO it. Not in the least because it also comes with a bunch of skill points and skyshards and MG books, and FG kills, and wayshrine unlocks, and general expees all found "en passant" while running through the questings.
    Yes, that's how I do it, and while it can get tedious doing the same quest for the eithteenth time... there are rewards, and once you finish all the questings, you for one have a well levelles character, for another... far less annoyances.
    Problem is that there are so many of them that on a new toon they can quickly take up most if not all of your quest journal...
    Yes, there are many... but few of them have the annoying "Do you know how long I've been looking for you" quest delivery system, so most of them you can just pass by....

But...
    ...all that being said...
    ...I for one -really- wish we could eable a "story progression mode", where the questings for later DLCs / expansions and their prolouges don't show up as "quest here!" marker until the "proper" time. So... no Craglorn cart or Sturga looking for you (if you have orsinium) until you finish the mainquest, no Alessio Guillon bothgering you about a missing prophecy until after finishing Orsinium, no Order of the Eye dispatch lying around in every mages guild until after finishing Morrowind, no Varnus wanting to talk to you about oracles until after finishing CWC, no Cyrodillic Collections needing you until after Summerset, no Imperial Dispatch until after Murkmire, etc. (tho you could of course still start each and every one of them by hand...)
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cycling through the daily writ quests is far more choresome on characters who have lots of JSTFU quests clogging the log.
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in here is over reacting. It's just a knahaten flu that we all have to get over.
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard: "You there! How would you believe how long worthwhile dragons! have been looking for you, in your own homeland?
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random thing I found out.
    Fighter’s Guild dark elf doesn’t hunt for you if you get the skill line via the crown store.
    Options
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkhel Guard: "You there! How would you believe how long worthwhile dragons! have been looking for you, in your own homeland?

This one does not know, but he hopes his family is safe in Riverhold
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options