The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some inaccuracies and misunderstandings

price101610
price101610
✭✭✭
With all the animosity between the end gamers potentially being nerfed and the players that aren’t the best at ac & weaving/or are still struggling to achieve higher dps, I would like to point out a few common inaccuracies I’ve seen in some posts.
1. Perfect LA weaving and the subsequent cancellation of the La animation does not lead to more than 25% of one’s dps coming from LAs. On a parse on the iron atro, let’s say 80k total, one could expect LA damage to account for 20k dps. That is on live. On the pts with the LA nerf, the highest parse I’ve heard of was around 72k. And I believe that was from someone that on live is hitting 90+. That is because 25% of their damage was nerfed by 78%. They changed their roto for pts, so it’s not a perfect correlation. For someone who’s LA damage only accounts for let’s say 15% of their dps, and who hits 20k on a 3mil, one can expect their new dps to be around 17-8k.
2. Without increasing skill damage, this change will absolutely be a nerf to everyone’s damage. I’ve seen several comments addressing changing one’s enchantments and gear to account for the increased sustain. To be clear, this will NOT offset the damage reduction for end game players, and more than likely will not help all but the lowest dps players. Most end game players do not have to run sustain glyphs, and they already build around max damage sets and enchants. Synergies in good trial groups will allow the dps to sustain adequately without sacrificing any dps with enchants or sets.
3. Heavy attack rotos will not suddenly be viable. @t3hasiangod has tested this, amongst others, and LA rotos still generate higher dps, due to the amount of APM you can generate using LAs instead of HAs. Someone already using xynodes old HA build wouldn’t see a reduction, and would probably see an increase in dps, but even that build changed months ago to include light attack damage in the roto.
4. Parses on the iron atro (21mil) and target skeleton (3mil) are not comparable. The 21mil provides some of the buffs an optimized trial group would provide, while the 3mil doesn’t provide any buffs. I know I presented an example where 21mil and 3 mil parses were mentioned, but that was only because end gamers tend to use the 21mil while new players often use the precursor or 3mil dummy. The highest parses on a 3mil are around 50-60k, while most end game builds will hit in the 40s or 50s on a 3mil. So if you hit 30k on a 3mil dummy, you are not 60k behind the best players, but more likely 10-15k less dps than what they would hit on a 3mil.

I hope this will help to clear up any misunderstandings people may have had, and that it doesn’t come across as too condescending.

I’ll step off the soap box now...
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to add that most new players don’t even think about changing their glyphs, so their dps will not magically increase without outside intervention.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add something to your points:

1. % LA dps of overall dps (on live) varies among the classes (appx. from 12 to 18%). Highest parse I've seen on PTS was 82+, ofc it was stamNecro, coming from a guy that parses currently on live around +-92, that is loss of 11% dps. And according to my parses on stamDK, the loss is also 11% (exactly same setup on Live and PTS and same player parsing) -> https://www.esologs.com/reports/compare/1NKp2cT4bHW7mPzY/8Pzk1ra6pGqCfHYw#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1,1

2. Yes, this is overall dmg nerf, and is another one in the set of subsequent nerfs to our dmg during last 9 months. And what will be important if this new system comes through -> will they adjust very hard "dps checks" encounters, e.g. vSS HM?

3. No, some HA rotations will be viable dps-wise. It really is a question if these HA rotations are fit for a highly dynamic content e.g. vCR, where you need to switch your targets often and do stuff quickly.
    StamDK HA rotation Lokke/Rele 72k -> https://www.esologs.com/reports/6XTvN8KFcPbxgBwQ#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=1
    StamDK HA rotation Lokke/NMA 71k -> https://www.esologs.com/reports/DyvL3X9HF7hfWkRj#fight=last&source=1&type=damage-done
    StamDK without Rele and with LA rotation parses the same or even less than StamDK without Rele and with HA rotation.
    On dummy, that is.

4.Yes.

Edited by satanio on March 28, 2020 7:18PM
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing ...

The highest parses on PTS right now are well over 100k, on magsorcs using Daedric Tomb as a spammable.

Of course this isn't really viable in most real content but it's worth noting.