Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Who is this dev team?!

rager82b14_ESO
rager82b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
They listen to our feedback? They improving the combat? I feel faint. What is going on? Is the world really ending? Many of us asked for light weaving change for years, and what who...thank you? I'm so confused happy.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh. This thread won't end well..
    Options
  • JBNimble
    JBNimble
    ✭✭✭
    They improving the combat?
    improving
    As I'm not native english speaking I had to look up the right word: prematurely. Being happy about not-yet-live changes it exactly that.

I'd like to say, unlike other parts of the game, combat was "not broken", and they are "improving" it, what in IT-jargon means "breaking".
    Performance is "absolutely broken" and they are "improving it at some point in the future" what means "breaking it more right now".

And this reminds me of the many, many mods there are for Beth's singleplayer-games, with "improved" in the name, what means "different", not "better".

Concluding: Combat will be different in the near future, maybe broken. Performance will stay broken for the time being. Because changing things is more exciting, and breaking things is more fun. Fixing and improving feel like... work.
    Wish you all an improved day. The good sort of.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Feedback is one thing but constantly calling for the destruction of the games core game mechanics is not feedback. Stop gaslighting these situations please

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on March 27, 2020 6:42PM
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    different for sure lol funny post
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They listen to our feedback? They improving the combat? I feel faint. What is going on? Is the world really ending? Many of us asked for light weaving change for years, and what who...thank you? I'm so confused happy.

I wonder how much of a gap there is between what you think is happening versus what is actually happening.
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder how much of a gap there is between what you think is happening versus what is actually happening.

zmfCHaU.gif
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always the same with this community. Supporting a glitch, calling people a troll that does not agree with them.

Yet, no matter how much you dislike my views, clearly the developers listen to players like me at long last. When you all said it won't get changed. We stood behind what we wanted, we pushed and we are starting to get good changes.

YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about APM. Exploiting the combat, and this hybrid system has failed.

So I will end with this, I told you changes was coming, you all trolled me about it. I'm grinning ear to ear about being right, and praise the developers at long last making changes that the game needs.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on March 27, 2020 5:51PM
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always the same with this community. Supporting a glitch, calling people a troll that does not agree with them.

Yet, no matter how much you dislike my views, clearly the developers listen to players like me at long last. When you all said it won't get changed. We stood behind what we wanted, we pushed and we are starting to get good changes.

YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about RPM. Exploiting the combat, and this hybrid system has failed.

So I will end with this, I told you changes was coming, you all trolled me about it. I'm grinning ear to ear about being right, and praise the developers at long last making changes that the game needs.

How are they getting rid of light attack weaving?
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about RPM. Exploiting the combat, and this hybrid system has failed.

Oh look, someone that doesnt understand the difference between ani cancelling and weaving. How pedestrian.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Oh look, someone that doesnt understand the difference between ani cancelling and weaving. How pedestrian.

Someone who has a reading problem. I never said that. I still want more changes, and want ani canceling gone. But the changes to light and heavy attacks is a good one, and is the first steps to improving the combat.

Nice try.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone who has a reading problem. I never said that. I still want more changes, and want ani canceling gone. But the changes to light and heavy attacks is a good one, and is the first steps to improving the combat.

Nice try.

What changes are they making to how light and heavy attacks work?
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Nice try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo9H_cvmX9c

Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice try.

Yes, neutering damage by 78 percent has always worked out well....oh wait......
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta break it to you, weaving is still in, nothing is gone, if anything soon those who can't weave won't be able to sustain...
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Gotta break it to you, weaving is still in, nothing is gone, if anything soon those who can't weave won't be able to sustain...

The people praising these changes cant see the forest passed the trees, they are so blinded by spite its disturbing.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about RPM.

Huh?

RPM is Revolutions Per Minute: When you're an auto gearhead talking about your engine or pulsars in celestial mechanics.

APM is Actions Per Minute: Refers to the total number of actions that a video game player can perform in a minute.

Please make sure you know what you're talking about .. before calling forum-goers that disagree with you trolls.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See just like the community to assume that is what I mean.

It is getting changed. Did I say it was being removed? You guys sure do have a reading problem.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about RPM.

Huh?

RPM is Revolutions Per Minute: When you're an auto gearhead talking about your engine or pulsars in celestial mechanics.

APM is Actions Per Minute: Refers to the total number of actions that a video game player can perform in a minute.

Please make sure you know what you're talking about .. before calling forum-goers that disagree with you trolls.

My bad it was a typo, it happens Im human. :) either way you could have corrected it and come off less aggressive, but I will forgive you.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YES GOOD changes, Elder scrolls is not about APM. Exploiting the combat, and this hybrid system has failed.

It is getting changed. Did I say it was being removed? You guys sure do have a reading problem.

Why do you address people disagreeing with you “the community”? By doing so you are admitting we are the majority here.

Your suggestions have all been so game altering it’s like you are playing a totally different game an you should ask yourself

Why are you playing a game where the devs would need to change everything to make you satisfied?

Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

Why do you address people disagreeing with you “the community”? By doing so you are admitting we are the majority here.

Your suggestions have all been so game altering it’s like you are playing a totally different game an you should ask yourself

Why are you playing a game where the devs would need to change everything to make you satisfied?

I mean community as in the people on this forum. I'm not one for a hive mindset. More people does not mean you are right. It just means that more people are wrong. :wink:
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Nice try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo9H_cvmX9c

Thanks for the video and the information therein. I may have to go test these changes myself on the PTS server if their currently up. They look interesting.

Though having to light attack 3 times in a row (if that's what it means by consecutive with no skill weaving necessary) to get resources back sounds like it could get annoying. But I do like the changes generally, at least how it looks on paper and how light attacks are now used to gain resources instead of damage. I would agree with the developers that it gave too much of an advantage to players who used macros and other such tricks to boost their damage. This was especially the case in PvP where players use simple macros to add light attacks on to all their moves so they could easily weave and cancel animations for maximum damage while moving around their opponents. So this change should make quite a difference in that respect.

Edited by Jeremy on March 27, 2020 6:09PM
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait until OP realizes that not only is weaving still the best dps, but that ZOS is fully in support of high APM playstyles being the most effective. The stated goals are to narrow the skill gap, not dethrone high APM as being top dog in the game.

OP's world is gonna come crashing down ;)
    Options
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's changing?
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I suppose you have to be good for something. Maybe if you can't fix it; change it so much that nobody recognizes it and cant see that its broken.
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just wait until OP realizes that not only is weaving still the best dps, but that ZOS is fully in support of high APM playstyles being the most effective. The stated goals are to narrow the skill gap, not dethrone high APM as being top dog in the game.

OP's world is gonna come crashing down ;)

In its current state, which I seriously doubt will go live, it could be worse than that.

Lower APM players will either have to learn to weave due to sustain (essentially raising their APM), sacrifice damage on top of the damage nerf already (widening the gap) for more sustain, or opt for a playstyle that uses fewer class abilities and more heavy attacks.

Those who play this as TES5.5 who solo really didn't need to weave light attacks in the first place, but for those who do, especially in places like a vet DLCs, they're trading 1 action for 3-5 (resource recovery) and eating a damage nerf. In an environment where the challenge is mechanics and translating the damage to the target I have a hard time seeing how this change will benefit them unless they're willing to abandon class identity/flavor for damage.
    Options
  • JBNimble
    JBNimble
    ✭✭✭
    I'm grinning ear to ear about being right, and praise the developers at long last making changes that the game needs.
    Prematurely, again. At least I am happy learning a useful new word.

Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBNimble wrote: »
    I'm grinning ear to ear about being right, and praise the developers at long last making changes that the game needs.
    Prematurely, again. At least I am happy learning a useful new word.

It sounds great on paper, but you know what. Have a cookie. You right, not sure why you are saying this..but any changes to light and heavy attacks is better than what we got now.

And if we can get rid of animation cancel, the game will be 100x better.
    Options
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    But ESO is a great game. If only
    [Snip]
    Then we could all just play and not have to worry about
    [Snip]
    To be fair, some of these massive changes are a good idea but only if the game was in a good
    [Snip]
    Too bad we don't know exactly what
    [Snip]
    Then we could get back to enjoying the game.

[Edited because the truth hurts too much]
    Options
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    The people that are so excited about these changes are either a) pve’ers that are gonna see their dps fall below levels acceptable for normal trials, or b) pvp’ers about to get their worlds rocked by a HA from a sweat. I don’t know if my own pain from this potential patch is worth all their tears, but I think it is.
    queue cartman gif...
    Edited by price101610 on March 28, 2020 12:28AM
    Options
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to write how I think eso have failed this time, but I can't do it again. I'm soooo tired of Zos and trying to figure out why they do what they do.

Why do you have to overhaul entire systems in a whim? Why can't you tweak?

Most people agree that LA deals aaaa lot of damage compared to HA, but why change a core mechanic when you could have nerfed LA with 10-20% and buff HA 10-20%? And then seen how it worked out?

Why do you always have to make such HUUUUUGE changes to skills and combat?

I would take tweaking during 5 patches everytime compared to these HUUUUUGE changes.
    Options