Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: HEMIDEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 7 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's the Song of Ice and Fire as DIREFROST KEEP takes on the CITY OF ASH! Will the City's flames be quenched for good? Or will the Keep go up in smoke? YOU DECIDE!

A list of the overall action for BOTH the base and DLC competitions can be found HERE, so people can get a quick glance at the overall action.

All fights will go for TWO DAYS and end at 8PM CST (or your timezone equivalent; figure it out) so this one will end on Saturday, March 28th.

FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on March 29, 2020 1:53AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: HEMIDEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 7 - VOTE'S CLOSED 86 votes

Direfrost Keep
23%
Iruil_ESOXDark_One13SinolaiDark_Lord_KurovestahlsHippie4927TelvanniWizardNord_RaseriNairinheMaxJrFTWArgonianwerecroc212Starlockskrvbb10rdEthan312bmnobleThokriredgreensunsetWiseSkyJustishia808Indigogo 20 votes
City of Ash I
18%
vailjohn_ESOSilverwillowKhumbuVoodooPlatypusPuzzlenutsBobby_V_RockitSeminolegirl1992Hamish999TheMuffinManrumple9Hotdog_23haeleneFierceSamHappyTheCamperzvaviL_Nici 16 votes
City of Ash II
58%
ssewallb14_ESOFaulgorAelorinKiramekuYukon2112hondelinkJoanOfOrcDarkheartDagoth_RacdaemoniosCaffeinatedMayhemFlaminirpeacenoteVulsahdaalVaranaReverbLarianavicius1981AliyavanaSnowZenia 50 votes
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Definitely the best final boss fight by far imo, although it can be a long dungeon... My vote
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash I
    I chose CoA1 for the memories of sneaky staff searching chest hunting xd
    Options
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Let the Golden Flame erase you.
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direfrost Keep
    I started to get big hatred for both COA while getting/trying to get all burning spellweave parts and always been more fond of snow/frost aesthetics than fire.
    Edited by Thokri on March 27, 2020 3:04AM
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Not so much for Skoria as the Ash Titan.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash I
    Direfrost by name, dire dungeon by nature. “And me with no companion”. Although I do like the pugslaying simplicity of Drodda’s siphon attack. That can literally keep an unprepared group at it forever.

CoA2 is just too long. It’s got some nice elements to it, but do you really need both of the penultimate large ad pulls? The kind of length (and repetitiveness) that makes you pause before bothering to do it .

CoA1 is great, although familiarity does reduce its impact a lot (as it does with all dungeons), and now I find it terribly easy. Still searching for the elusive second BSW inferno staff tho.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    "This is the end of the line. Valkyn Skoria wants you dead."
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Valkyn Skoria is a super cool boss

I love it
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    City of Ash II
    The Oblivion landscape here is just incredible.
    Edited by Michae on March 27, 2020 9:28AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • SkoomaPie
    SkoomaPie
    ✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    I've always liked the Deadlands. Plus the Valkyn is not such a bad guy once you get to know him.
    Xbox Gt: SkoomaPie
    Options
  • almightyalfo
    almightyalfo
    ✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    CoA2 no doubt even though it's kinda too long.
    PC-EU
    Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
    Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
    Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
    Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
    Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
    Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
    Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    City of Ash II
    I don't always want to run COA II because of its length. However. If ZOS said only one of these three should stay during a purge I feel COA II is the best.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    I have multiple toons sporting the Deadlands Adept title :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Not much traffic on this one so far.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    Remember when City of Ass was considered hard?
    When you saw people with Skoria helm, you were like: ooooooooh! So prreeettyy!!

Not to mention the final fight is pretty fun, even though it is kinda of dps race in HM.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About eight hours left to vote!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash II
    DAT ASH

Skoria is fun, large aoe groups is fun, especially back in the day this one actually required more group dynamics than most even still do.
    Options
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    City of Ash I
    I have a love-hate relationship with CoA1 from farming Burning Spellweave back when it was a MUST HAVE if you were magicka dps of any kind. No question, no other options, BSW and Illambris or go home.

There were no transmute stones etc. back then either, so you had to farm it and farm it for divines... :lol:
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And City of Ash II burns up the competition!
    Options