Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: HEMIDEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 6 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's the War of the Web as SPINDLECLUTCH takes on SELENE'S WEB! Will the Webcutter be enough? Will the Whisperer seduce her prey? Will Vorenor Winterbourne sink his fangs into his competitors? YOU DECIDE!

A list of the overall action for BOTH the base and DLC competitions can be found HERE, so people can get a quick glance at the overall action.

All fights will go for TWO DAYS and end at 8PM CST (or your timezone equivalent; figure it out) so this one will end on Thursday, March 26th.

FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on March 27, 2020 2:39AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: HEMIDEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 6 - VOTE'S CLOSED 82 votes

Spindleclutch I
6%
agegartonnewtinmplsCalivoArtadesLanteanPegasusFierceSam 5 votes
Spindleclutch II
26%
darthgummibear_ESOLisahondelinkKayrneDagoth_RacdaemoniosEnemy-of-ColdharbourListerJMCReverbHippie4927JaimehZatoxcolossalvoidsAuraKoimizuphwaapskrvbb10rdzvavialmightyalfoHapexamendiosMaiyu93 22 votes
Selene's Web
67%
ssewallb14_ESOIruil_ESOYukon2112JoanOfOrcHidesFromSunLarianavicius1981AliyavanaSnowZeniaCadburyWrecking_Blow_SpamRaddlemanNumber7PuzzlenutsTyharRatzkifalmax_onlyNarvuntienvestahlsSilverIce58Princess_Ciri 55 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    I don’t like killing Bosmer mobs but the atmosphere of Selene’s Web is what I want all of Grahtwood to emulate.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    I mean, vampires, no? Here let me recite some lines:
    "Death to the living, Death to the living"
    "ATAVAR, WHERE ARE YOU"
    "There is someone alive here"
    Edited by zvavi on March 25, 2020 5:28AM
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    Bosssss, I don’t think he’s lissssstening
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • ddgsodium
    ddgsodium
    ✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    zvavi wrote: »
    "ATABAR, WHERE ARE YOU"

ATAVAR
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    ddgsodium wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    "ATABAR, WHERE ARE YOU"

ATAVAR

Yes, sorry, mb, haven't run it in eternity, dlc dungeons are just more fun :D
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selene's Web
    Just because Selene and Hircine are good sets
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch I
    I love killing the Whisperer...hands down my all time favorite undaunted.

Selene's - man, we have to help some scummy folks, but the torturous murdering son-of-an-Altmer who hires us to go after Selene ... I would pay crowns to kill him.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    I really like the dialogue in Spindle 2, some memorable quotes right there. It also introduced some fun mechanics such as Bloodspawn's ground pound (used to be a healer check), the waves of mobs and the circle you need to follow in the Praxin fight, or the vampire feeding at the last boss. While Selene is larger and more diverse, I don't enjoy it quite as much.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    Even though the atmospehere in Selene's Web is more beautiful, I voted for Splindle because it's the most quotable dungeon, and chat convos where someone posts a random quote from the dungeon and people respond with others, never fail to make me smile :)
    Options
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch I
    Just NOT Selene's. Did it once, and hated the story so much I never did it again.

Being railroaded in helping despiccable Carindon is one of the great insults in ESO.
    At least they made up for it a tiny bit with Lair of Maarselok, but still...
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch I
    Hmmm a truly poor selection

Spindle 1 is a vaguely adequate first dungeon... “who wanders into my web...” I do like the way so many players die to the AoE and one shot from the final boss.

Spindle 2 is by a mile the easiest hard mode in the game. You can light attack the final boss to death and you’ll never die (and spoiler here, neither will the boss’s crucified bloodbags).

Selene’s is the home of the heavy sack and the in your face big bear hat. Terribly, terribly dull. And long.

Spindle 1 wins cos it’s fastest.
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selene's Web
    This is what Valenwood should've looked like.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    SELENE PROTECTS! SELENE DESTROYS! SELENE WILL RULE ALL!
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    Spindle 2 does have its charms with the dialogue, but I really started appreciating Selene's Web after LoM came out. None of the dungeons here have much interesting going on fight wise (maybe Praxin Douare), so for me Selene as a character now trumps the general events of Spindle 2.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch I
    Lariana wrote: »
    SELENE PROTECTS! SELENE DESTROYS! SELENE WILL RULE ALL!

Every time I hear this I can’t help thinking of a toilet cleaning product... so totally scuppers the moment

Germs beware! Selene’s is here!
    Options
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    This one was hard for me, both have really good/funny lines (“ATAVAR! ATAVAR!” “Selene protect! Selene destroys”) and both have spider ladies. I only ended up giving it to Selene because the Monster Helm is pretty good.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    AT'AVAR! WHERE ARE YOU?
    THERE IS SOMEONE ALIVE IN HERE! HELP ME GET THIS COCOON OPAN!

Worst voice acting in the entire game I think.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch II
    Spindle 2 because end boss makes me feel things I can’t even say on this forum. Real pleasure playing that dungeon whenever I can!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spindleclutch I
    Raisin wrote: »
    Spindle 2 does have its charms with the dialogue, but I really started appreciating Selene's Web after LoM came out. .

Wait...what....?

I have been paranoid about the new stuff, as the mechanics often overwhelm me...but dang, now I gotta do this. I have hated that story for so so so long.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Raisin wrote: »
    Spindle 2 does have its charms with the dialogue, but I really started appreciating Selene's Web after LoM came out. .

Wait...what....?

I have been paranoid about the new stuff, as the mechanics often overwhelm me...but dang, now I gotta do this. I have hated that story for so so so long.

LoM admittedly is not a dungeon I would recommend if you're not fond of the direction mechanics have taken. You'll definitely need to run it with friends, good vibes, and patience. I just feel like Selene wasn't the most interesting character from Web alone, and LoM made me really dig her. There was also a nice bit of lore in her Meet the Character posted around LoM release time that I personally found intriguing.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Selene's Web traps the competition!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options