Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Cyrodiil performance - Do you feel removing block canceling helped with performance/desyncs?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple poll, do you feel the latest change to block canceling, helped with performance as claimed?
For me it really reached the point where i'm just not going to bother with it any more,
This patch created desyncs, lag and crazy delay.
Honestly its officially unplayable for me.
Edited by amir412 on March 22, 2020 11:49AM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Cyrodiil performance - Do you feel removing block canceling helped with performance/desyncs? 194 votes

Performance became better for me
11%
vailjohn_ESOItsMeToostarlizard70ub17_ESOSFxxKANExxSaelentNeoXanthusBeardimusXDark_One13GnortranermaraGoBlue275joaaocaamposThannazzarTelvanniWizardGrognak524WildRaptorXDosuulOJCOMMANDODonny_VitoGolden_CatStormeReigns 22 votes
Performance became worse for me
88%
ne.ga.kurai_ESOKikazarudarthgummibear_ESO1mirgCarespankerssewallb14_ESOKheatz_ESOIruil_ESOnpukmartinhpb16_ESORikumaruThe_SpAwNDaviiid_ESOArrow_In_The_Kneeeovogtb16_ESOfirvainStilliantechnohicOrchishEvergnar 172 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was this? I played yesterday and saw no changes.

One guild member kept getting disconnected which I suspect is a hold over from their “performance” patch crashes.

Otherwise it’s the same in Cyrodiil for me, made Prefect yesterday too. The same as in “prior to update 25 I was also unable to drink potions or use my ultimate but at least I’m not crashing every 10 minutes like clockwork”
    Edited by max_only on March 21, 2020 8:59PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "performance" update made cyrodiil worse on console. HUGE DSYNC'S and skills not registering.
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is the worst i have ever experienced since playing from beta. I know Cyrodiil has always been laggy and we always complain about it, but this is on a whole nother level. Utterly broken right now. Massive dsync when ever i use gap closer, leap, i am always teleported back. I cannot switch weapon bars or use a skill without hitting the button 3-5 times before it goes off. Just broken and unfun.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    Performance is the worst i have ever experienced since playing from beta. I know Cyrodiil has always been laggy and we always complain about it, but this is on a whole nother level. Utterly broken right now. Massive dsync when ever i use gap closer, leap, i am always teleported back. I cannot switch weapon bars or use a skill without hitting the button 3-5 times before it goes off. Just broken and unfun.

My favorite has been my entire ability bar greying out because of "lack of resources" when I'm at max resources. That's been fantastic. Also fantastic: activating my WW ulti, watching my ulti numbers drop to 0... and not being a werewolf afterward. That was super cool.
    Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil has reached dumpster fire status.

PvPers already have their expectations set extremely low due to years of terrible performance and ZOS can't even meet that low low bar.

Such a shame because there aren't many games I enjoy as much as this one when it actually works. Right now Cyro is completely unplayable.
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing will ever help unless they get serious.
    Dont take the bait and bang your head trying to figure out what's wrong.

Zos needs to allocate their human resources or money, stop the production of cosmetics and fix the core issues.

And then we have people saying why complaun and stay?
    Because once upon a time we purchases the game, dlcs, eso+, some crownstore features when the game was playable.
    And since we paid for all that we want Zos to fix it. Not keep producing cosmetics to feed their pockets.

But who are we kidding. Even gaming is only about profit not when it comes to big businesses (studios)
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on March 22, 2020 2:54AM
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has reached dumpster fire status.

PvPers already have their expectations set extremely low due to years of terrible performance and ZOS can't even meet that low low bar.

Such a shame because there aren't many games I enjoy as much as this one when it actually works. Right now Cyro is completely unplayable.

nothing can describe better than this, i also a big fan of this game system and stuff, but the performace duh
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »

Exactly what i'm experiencing... It's such a joke at this moment.

Options
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of our guild members have taken a break or left the game at this point. The rest of us just group up and hang out and talk. We can’t use skills any longer so ESO is basically just a party chat for us...
    Options
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back 1.6
    Options
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man this patch managed to ruin battleground performance...Never in my life I have complained about ESO performance because it usually was decent with minor slip ups here and there outside of cyrodil. But this patch is absoloutely the worst performance this game ever had since one tamriel.
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you guys aware of this?

Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Desyncs were being caused without blocking even being part of the equation.

Snipe desyncs were occuring with no funny play involved at all and with no one even tapping block.

The amount of daily accusation I got over was laughable, as I was doing nothing casting snipe and queueing snipe.

So why block and desyncs were an issue that had to be addressed is confusing.
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello I'm here for asking to all [Snip] to please send here some of your pvp clips after the patch :') thanks.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 1, 2020 12:58PM
    Options
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    Man this patch managed to ruin battleground performance...Never in my life I have complained about ESO performance because it usually was decent with minor slip ups here and there outside of cyrodil. But this patch is absoloutely the worst performance this game ever had since one tamriel.

Really? To my surprise, BGs run pretty well for me. I'm able to use my skills in there and actually play the game. Obviously, ultimate abilities are still basically RNG whether they will work, or not. Cyrodiil on the other hand is extremely bad in any campaign.

Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recognize the game which I once fell in love anymore. The combat was awesome and unique and then you tried to tune everything down because of some WoW players who will go back to Classic/Shadowlands anyways.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't recognize the game which I once fell in love anymore. The combat was awesome and unique and then you tried to tune everything down because of some WoW players who will go back to Classic/Shadowlands anyways.

What did they change to make it feel like wow? Really curious
    Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know in early December the game was running fine.. i took a break and like in January I came back and BGs had huge lag in it and I was like wtf did they do....So I played for a bit then decided to take another break. I don't know what is going on...

I did complain lot about break free twice glitch, but if I have to deal with the strange lag (not sure how it is now) and bg lag (not sure how it is now) then...i'll accept the break free twice glitch and just go heavy armor...

I realized that in medium armor i have to fight a lot of ZoS broken mechanics. If we can get combat back to how it was, I could just do what everybody else is doing and go into heavy armor which stops me from having to worry about any of those problems i fought in medium armor with...

The battle fluidity was better than the clunk..
    Options
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know anything about block canceling but I have noticed that randomly after or just after a battle my toon goes into slow motion mode. Run is slower than walk. slow motion. I usually have to log off and back on to get it to start walking running normally. the only cool thing was when I was riding my horse in slow mo I finally got to see what a canter looks like. Would love to be able to push a button and cantor! and cancel cantor,
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvPers need to face facts.

Cyrodill lags because of Cyrodill.
    Options
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    Most usually, if performance didn't become worse, it's because that person didn't know how to cancel in the first place. Which is fine. What is has equated to, is a removal of options and skill for those of us who pursued it, and a lowered (VERY lowered) ceiling. It's all at once satisfying and sad to see a once amazing 1vx player get burned down in a fight that they once could manage and defeat multiple enemies. Performance wise via Cyro I dont think much changed at all. I think maybe in a sly way their hope was to slow overall combat down to such an extent, that the server could better handle the calculations? Im no programmer so only a guess. But we've deluged these threads with complaints and I think they'll continue as they've decided.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean.... "block canceling" was never removed but ok.
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Oh no? please tell me how to animation cancel skills with block as we could before this update?

Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Oh no? please tell me how to animation cancel skills with block as we could before this update?

Thst is a separate issue. Whether or not ZOSs implementation is executing itslef properly does not pertain to your question.

Your question was based on the key point that block canceling was removed when in reality, technically it was not removed since when the block change is working as intended, the relationship between a blocking state, the GCD and when the game allows you to block is no different than before, it's simply server side and not client side.

Now, if this is a discussion on whether or not changing block to be server determinative is ultimately for the better, then frame your question appropriately.

Before the change, activating block immediately after casting an instant cast skill would cut the recovery animation of said skill off while the GCD refreshed, and ultimately did nothing for how that skill is delivered to a recipient, block canceling it in that case served only to stunt your stamina regen or if after casting the skill, you noticed a snipe or something about to fly your way and you needed to block.

After the change all of the above should remain true under the condition that ZOSs implemented change is working as intended. The only difference is that the instant cast skill will have more of its recovery animation play out over the GCD WHILE you are in a blocking state, as indicated by the shield icon in front of your character appearing immediately regardless of your characters appearance.

The issue is that ZOS does bot have the best server side implementations for many things and this change is not working as reliably as it should in high latency environments. But that is the actual and more important discussion that needs to be had.

The issue here is too many people believe cutting off superfluous recovery animations of instant cast skills with block (or roll dodging) actually does something for that skill when in reality it does not and never has, and only results in client side misinformation sometimes ranging from health desyncs and false combat text appearance timings which was ostensibly the issue this change was attempting to fix.

You knew all this though I'm sure..
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 23, 2020 11:05PM
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the patch it was laggy a lot, but I could play in off hours and have fun. After the patch I can't play at all. I never get a break from the bugs/lag no matter the time or population.
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like I'm playing under water like wtf is this.... I have uninstalled to avoid getting frustrated.
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can only block cancel a skill when its animation is like 85% completed now making it useless. Some skills are buggy and can be block cancelled instantly now. An instant cancel was never possible before outside of a swap/dodge cancel.
    Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, blocking wasn't the problem. It's the effects/design of Skills that cause a huge lack.

Out of boredom 2 friend and me spammed frost cloak on our Wardens, I thought my PS4 was about to crash duo to the insane performance decrease. All those small particles etc. are terrible for fps.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    de-sync is worse than ever, especially as there are players running "de-sync" builds to exploit the state of the game
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 90% say the performance got worse. Well played ZOS.

Idk if it’s even possible to rebuild your reputation at this point but I really hope you’re trying to. The recent offcycle PTS leads players to believe your priorities aren’t where they should be.
    Options