The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: It rains in the Orc Longhouse in Forgemaster Falls on console

Jayne_Doe
Jayne_Doe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, concerns expressed on PTS about potential rain in the longhouse on consoles was not heeded, and they released Forgemaster Falls with a longhouse that is just a structure, as opposed to making it an interior space. PTS testing did reveal that it did not rain in there on PC, but of course, there was no way to test this for consoles. It started raining while I was previewing the house this weekend, and sure enough, when it started to rain, the longhouse was not waterproof on XB.

I was also finally doing some extensive decorating at the Exorcised Cottage and was finally there when it started to rain. And yes, it rains inside the cottage.

@ZOS_CullenLee Would you please note that structures on consoles are unable to keep out the rain. Please also pass this along to your fantabulous house designer that you could not praise enough on your recent ESO Live. Please either fix this problem on consoles or ask your designer to please NOT put structures in houses that are incapable of keeping out the rain on consoles. Either make them interior spaces (which SHOULD have been done with the longhouse) or just not include them.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you haven't seen it yet, I wanted to let you know that they did finally acknowledge the rain problem for consoles. Of course there are no guarantees as to when, but at least there is some hope that they are working on it.

Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we are working on a fix for this for consoles to be included in a future update.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6655182
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for letting me know!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the fix for the new Orc house only, or for all houses with this problem?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all houses (she wrote that in the same thread).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't run on console, can you confirm that the interior - entered through a door - does not get rain? If so, it's another reason that Forgemaster Falls has the wrong building as "interior".
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all houses (she wrote that in the same thread).

Well, the thread title is for the Orc house and the ZOS quote says they have a fix “for this” so it’s not very specific. Hence my skepticism.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote Sarah's second post in that very same thread:
    "Just to clarify, we're looking at fixing it for all houses not just Forgemaster Falls. "
    So you should be fine.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 18, 2020 6:28AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    So, concerns expressed on PTS about potential rain in the longhouse on consoles was not heeded
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    In case you haven't seen it yet, I wanted to let you know that they did finally acknowledge the rain problem for consoles.

Would have been nicer if they at least acknowledged and promised a fix BEFORE the forums had to post it. They did have all that time between PTS and launch to at least prepare a statement...
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 18, 2020 7:10AM
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also has missing windows on the inside of the "residence" portion of the home. This was the ultimate deal-breaker for me.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To quote Sarah's second post in that very same thread:
    "Just to clarify, we're looking at fixing it for all houses not just Forgemaster Falls. "
    So you should be fine.

I missed that one somehow, thanks for pointing it out
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    To add to this. It's not just the long house that should prevent rain falling through, it should also be the roof structure of the forging area. It's clearly a very solid, well built roof and what proper forge would allow rain to simply keep falling into the forging area? BOTH the long house and area covered by the forge roof, should be kept dry during rain fall. Please, don't forget to fix the forging area rain through issue, when you fix the long house, @ZOS_CullenLee & @ZOS_SarahHecker

Thank you.
    Edited by Android_Archer on March 25, 2020 3:10PM
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    To add to this. It's not just the long house that should prevent rain falling through, it should also be the roof structure of the forging area. It's clearly a very solid, well built roof and what proper forge would allow rain to simply keep falling into the forging area? BOTH the long house and area covered by the forge roof, should be kept dry during rain fall. Please, don't forget to fix the forging area rain through issue, when you fix the long house, @ZOS_CullenLee & @ZOS_SarahHecker

Thank you.

To be clear. This is a beautiful addition to the housing lineup. It just needs a little tweaking to provide the level of immersion it could offer.
    Edited by Android_Archer on March 25, 2020 3:12PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still waiting for the rain to stop inside the Earthtear caverns house. I dont mind the stormy weather being outside the mouth of the cave but inside, "underground" is just ridiculous.