The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Break free is broken

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
I play on Pc-Eu and half the times I get CC'd and hit break free nothing happens. You are forced to stay stunned for all the stun duration and of course being killed.
So far dk leap, sorc streak and nb mass hysteria have the highest chances of causing this delay.
Stamblades are desyncing my health like crazy, i am full health with 30k hp and I hear a sound like "weeeeeeeew" (which is maybe incapacitated strike hit sound) and literally
second later I am dead with 5 skills in the death recap which happened in one second because of server desync.

This was a performance patch and it's worse than ever.

Not to mention other players as soon hit my stuns, they insta break free, roll dodge, and pop a healing skill too, while i spam break free with no result.

To experience less visual health desyncs I advice PC players to run a custom UI addon that modify the visual of health mag and stam, because the default of Eso cannot register the damage taken half the times.

How do you guys play this patch?
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is very unpleasant. With the current patch, this has become even more noticeable. I can only give advice give up PVP for a while and notice that you get more pleasure from the game.
    Mass hysteria is an even bigger criminal, because fear is the biggest bug. It can drag me across the floor even after using break free. I have an example of problems with fear even in pve - Sewer Wayrest. I think everyone has experienced this.
    P. S. Stamblades are desyncing my health like crazy, i am full health with 30k hp and I hear a sound like "weeeeeeeew" (which is maybe incapacitated strike hit sound) and literally second later I am dead with 5 skills in the death recap which happened in one second because of server desync. - cool description right to the point. At the moment all exploit NB is closest to desync. I will suggest that this may also be due to the reluctance of buff Nb at this time.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 14, 2020 8:41AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I chalk it up to an unfinished game feature. Other are being effected by the same thing so whatever. Probably adds two deaths per BG and two kills. It’s what’s stopping some players from no death BGs.

Abilities not working has become an ESO trademark.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 14, 2020 1:28PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I chalk it up to an unfinished game feature. Other are being effected by the same thing so whatever. Probably adds two deaths per BG and two kills. It’s what’s stopping some players from no death BGs.

Abilities not working has become an ESO trademark.

Yeah, but last patch it was working like 90% of the times for me, now only 50% of the times I can break free, the other 50% I eat all 5 seconds of hysteria fears and company lol.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    There is a hilarious paradox, the more AoE class and skills are, the less likely players are to encounter desync. Most likely this is with the exception of CCs, they live their own lives.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a hilarious paradox, the more AoE class and skills are, the less likely players are to encounter desync. Most likely this is with the exception of CCs, they live their own lives.

What do you mean with this?
    Btw i think everyone agrees that projectiles are the main reason of desyncs.
    Elemental weapon plus overload of magsorc are well known lately to desync your health, and of course the evergreen snipe.

But in this patch it's not only desyncs, but after i get leaped, streaked or cc with a fear 50% of the times pressing break free result in nothing.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

What do you mean with this?
    Btw i think everyone agrees that projectiles are the main reason of desyncs.
    Elemental weapon plus overload of magsorc are well known lately to desync your health, and of course the evergreen snipe.

But in this patch it's not only desyncs, but after i get leaped, streaked or cc with a fear 50% of the times pressing break free result in nothing.

I mean, the entire NB structure is related to Solo target, so it has a better chance of running desync. The so-called ganking style. I do not take into account the well-known snipe, although it is still very much loved by Nbs.
    Classes that have an AoE kit for creating pressure will not be the culprits of desync. I do not take into account in my statement guilds and weapons skills, although non-class skills are closest to desync, those that relate to solo target.
    CCs is a separate story, everyone already sees everything, I have nothing to add.
    P. S. I really liked your description of" weeeeew ", then... :smile:
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 15, 2020 8:31AM