The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Whats the meta for magnb in harrowstorm look like?

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing changed from last patch did it? The last patch notes i looked at nbs had no changes right? Been on break for a while so im not sure. Im seeing alot of these threads lol so if the other classes had good changes nbs are are falling further away from competitive.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Nothing changed from last patch did it? The last patch notes i looked at nbs had no changes right? Been on break for a while so im not sure. Im seeing alot of these threads lol so if the other classes had good changes nbs are are falling further away from competitive.

No changes really, just pets break stealth/cloak, so steer clear of any pets you see. Some people have reported they could be gap closed by people without a detect pot, but stuff like that is hard to figure out if you aren’t dueling. One change this patch is if someone uses a detect pot they can attack you with single target attacks while cloaked, so no more cloaking while immobilized by fossilize waiting for your stam to recover.

Lots of updated sets too so weapon and spell damage builds are performing better with higher burst and self healing, so if you build for pen you’re relatively weaker in a sense. Healing that scales with max stats seem to be better than health % heals.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 11, 2020 12:47AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    Calurions legacy+spinners+zaan and maelstrom resto backbar. Inb4 I get *** for being lowrated, I doubt top rated players need forum advice. Go in with the good old crippling grasp+ambush+fear+incap combo from stealth, it doesnt work against players who are experienced but can catch alot of people offguard and CC break is pretty buggy this patch.

Yeah, i was getting pretty high for awhile, but after dragonhold everything just seemed to break, without any noticeable changes. Never could figure out what it was save for maybe cast times, and buffs to other classes. Ive been stacking max mag for awhile and had been getting really good performance with that, but something about the way the skills work together kind of broke in away last patch. Ttk just sky rocketed and i had to really work my opponents down, to get a kill, but in that time span their friends or even just random passers by would come. Without a proper group or team, solo play just became un fun. Bgs were good when you didnt have the same 2 farming group for literally hours upon hours on end, but unfortunately that became the reality and norm of bgs most days on xbox na. Im kind of happy they are making it solo Q, despite the fact that i disagree with it.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I'm having some

mhhh did we meet ? Lord_Noctus is my ID
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Use proc sets that proc from light attacks because skills dont work. :)

This :D So in general zaan, torugs and spinner for more penetration. Rest stats share between resistances and sustain.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I'm having some

mhhh did we meet ? Lord_Noctus is my ID

Errrm perhaps? I have no idea really. I have char names turned on instead of Ids. I recognise a few players I know though guilds and that's about it.

Edited by Maulkin on March 11, 2020 1:18PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

This :D So in general zaan, torugs and spinner for more penetration. Rest stats share between resistances and sustain.

And now check your combat logs and have a look at the damage, that zaan actually does.
    For me this was always very low (no CP Cyrodiil).
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »

And now check your combat logs and have a look at the damage, that zaan actually does.

In pvp i always veiwed zaans as more of a pseudo defensive set that favors aggression. If your squishy either way, its the best way to immediately make an opponent retreat.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »

I use Zaan on my MagWarden. It’s not going to proc a kill for you, what makes it good is the ongoing damage and a lot of the really tanky types are vamps. For burst is not great agreed, but it’ll get you a kill on a tanky type if you keep pressure up.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 11, 2020 10:39PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New monster helm Kjalnar's Nightmare is perfect for magblades
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    New monster helm Kjalnar's Nightmare is perfect for magblades

I heard there were issues with stacks falling off too quickly to be practical. Once i land myself one as nd test it out ill post my experience with it though.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check back in 2021.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor master, back bar+ Brightthroats, and arena weapon+monster helm of choice works pretty well for me for my brawling magblade with no invis, I'm using Masters inferno/maelstroms Ice and Thurvokun/Zaan/Bloodspawn

Mag Gankblade is Caal/Vicious death + choose whatever combo of the following makes you happy Balorgh/slimecraw/zaan. NMA/Spinner/Warmaiden/stygian(jewlery&weapons only)
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check back in 2021.

Yeah pretty much.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think meta for a melee magblade is a MagDK or MagWarden, for ranged it’s a magsorc. :)

I finally got around to trying a MagDK today and set it up. I’m still leveling my skills, but so far it’s a lot of fun... and way stronger than melee magblade.

I’m finding it pretty hilarious that only magblades from what I’ve seen have used speed builds (and stamsorc). So far I haven’t found a class that it doesn’t perform better on than magblade. I don’t know what that says.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 12, 2020 11:55PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair