The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battleground Bow Ganking - Gankalorian build | Haters beware

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, here is a quick video I made using what I call the Gankalorian set up in BG. Of course this map is probably the best for long range playstyles. This set up is a lot of fun if your into the sneaky hard hitting playstyle. Though this wont hit as hard as NMA + Spriggans, it still gets the job done.
https://youtu.be/kimbqB2sGS0
Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 9, 2020 1:29PM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/b4ZXFsiEzxE

i have no skill with video editing otherwise i would have put your vid in the green screen
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I do see the effectiveness in this type of build now that BGs queues are solo.

Especially with the common skill desyncs that Snipe allows players to exploit (intentionally or not).
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/b4ZXFsiEzxE

i have no skill with video editing otherwise i would have put your vid in the green screen

😅🤣
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I do see the effectiveness in this type of build now that BGs queues are solo.

Especially with the common skill desyncs that Snipe allows players to exploit (intentionally or not).

I dont know how someone intentionally desyncs someone. I'm pretty sure that's an urban legend.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

I dont know how someone intentionally desyncs someone. I'm pretty sure that's an urban legend.

If the combo fits, use it.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything has a combo. Combo doesnt mean desync. I'm not denying desyncs I'm saying I do not believe players do it intentionally. I've desynced people before but from my perspective I had no idea. That's just the game and I dont believe snipe is the only thing that can cause it, it's just more noticable because often it's used to catch someone off guard i.e. ganking/assassination.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eatmyface wrote: »
    Disgusting.

😎
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is there a link to a place where I can examine the full build without having to pause videos?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    is there a link to a place where I can examine the full build without having to pause videos?

It's basically this build but slimecraw was swapped out. I didnt cover CP since it was for a BG. The race can be anything really but Khajit, dark elf, or orc would perform best I think.
    https://youtu.be/xYEzqs0EuiQ
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it incredible that every one in your video just let you snipe in peace throughout the whole game. An educated guess is that's a low MMR BG, something quite common since the reset.

If I get stealth ganked by a sniper in a BG, you can be sure that my to priority for the rest of the game is to chase that fecker down whenever he dares to surface.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I find it incredible that every one in your video just let you snipe in peace throughout the whole game. An educated guess is that's a low MMR BG, something quite common since the reset.

If I get stealth ganked by a sniper in a BG, you can be sure that my to priority for the rest of the game is to chase that fecker down whenever he dares to surface.

I was on a new character so I'm sure it was low MMR. I felt like Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man, when he beat up all the future people, lol.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 12, 2020 1:04PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you tell what MMR your match is? What's that even stand for? I usually do well on my other NB bow ganker (some maps more then others) but obviously not this well. The combination of the open map and people being very objective focused worked out for me.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How can you tell what MMR your match is? What's that even stand for? I usually do well on my other NB bow ganker (some maps more then others) but obviously not this well. The combination of the open map and people being very objective focused worked out for me.

You can’t really. You can sort of guess a bit depending on how people play, but that’s it. Nothing’s defined, in general it goes:

Beginner BGs: I don’t move
    Lower: What objectives, you mean I’m not supposed to just spam one button?
    Middle: You mean I have to worry about defense and self healing? I just want to press damage buttons. What’s positioning and awareness, you mean I’m not supposed to just charge until I’m dead?
    High: Have figured out defense and burst combos, recognize more than half the names in all your battlegrounds

If someone goes 20+ kills and no deaths, it’s usually against new players. If you look at the weekly leaderboard and see people half of the players in the BG are in the top 20, my guess is it would be a high MMR game.

These days most of the BGs I’m in will have one player per team who goes 15+ kills and a few deaths per team with all other new players.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 14, 2020 1:41AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice build and video thanks for sharing. Couple of thoughts.

Flag type game if you are just going for kills it is a lot easier to ignore the objective and secure kills. You are helping your team to score but even though you had 40 kills you were the lowest total points out of your team.

Plus, it’s funny how people are screaming to buff NB’s because they are “weak and underperforming”. I keep saying that people who know how to play the class can be extremely deadly and are far from “weak”.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Nice build and video thanks for sharing. Couple of thoughts.

Flag type game if you are just going for kills it is a lot easier to ignore the objective and secure kills. You are helping your team to score but even though you had 40 kills you were the lowest total points out of your team.

Plus, it’s funny how people are screaming to buff NB’s because they are “weak and underperforming”. I keep saying that people who know how to play the class can be extremely deadly and are far from “weak”.

Killing people will always be my primary objective. 😎
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything has a combo. Combo doesnt mean desync. I'm not denying desyncs I'm saying I do not believe players do it intentionally. I've desynced people before but from my perspective I had no idea. That's just the game and I dont believe snipe is the only thing that can cause it, it's just more noticable because often it's used to catch someone off guard i.e. ganking/assassination.

Snipe may not be the only thing that causes desyncs but it's the worst offender in that category surpassing everything else by a mile. Whole design of that skill is screaming with possibility of desyncing a lot with cast time longer then global cooldown , extremly high range and its travel time. Adding very high tooltip to it is just cherry on the top because if snipe will be even slightly desynced there is very high chance enemy won't be able to recover from it. I wouldn't be suprised if one third of kills snipers are getting would have some desync involved. And all of that on top of already pretty rubbish design of stealth playstyle in ESO.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, here is a quick video I made using what I call the Gankalorian set up in BG. Of course this map is probably the best for long range playstyles. This set up is a lot of fun if your into the sneaky hard hitting playstyle. Though this wont hit as hard as NMA + Spriggans, it still gets the job done.

Switching Spriggans for Marksman is approved. Damange loss is negligible while the sustain boost provided by marksman is significant.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭

Why not Slimecraw for monster set?
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Snipe may not be the only thing that causes desyncs but it's the worst offender in that category surpassing everything else by a mile. Whole design of that skill is screaming with possibility of desyncing a lot with cast time longer then global cooldown , extremly high range and its travel time. Adding very high tooltip to it is just cherry on the top because if snipe will be even slightly desynced there is very high chance enemy won't be able to recover from it. I wouldn't be suprised if one third of kills snipers are getting would have some desync involved. And all of that on top of already pretty rubbish design of stealth playstyle in ESO.

Yeah everyone should use melee and run around trees. That's what everyone should do.
    raistin87 wrote: »

Why not Slimecraw for monster set?

That's what I was using but I wanted a little more stam and magica for this BG. So far I'm liking the results of 1 krag and 1 vel over slimecraw. I used to use slimecraw a lot to.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Icky I love your vids, how you edit them to be entertaining and then also the actual gameplay is entertaining too, quality moving, positioning and pre-emptive thinking and acting fast to all situations. It is called having SKILL. Absolutely loving this stuff.

And yes yes, some might say the Bowblade is "lame & easy" to play, but i see potatos try this same all the time for years, and all they get done is soon reading their own death recap, or try to get a lucky snipe in from behind a zerg. What i mean is, really not see many dangerous NB players anymore (both specs) who can actually play the class.

Everyday i still get these attempts from NBs at Cyro overland and IC, often 2 of them (because 1 is not enough with their skill, even if they have the meta setup for best raw damage) and still they go down fast, or the other one escpes away after the other one dies fast lol. Then can /sitchair over the other and wait if the other will wanna try to wake up their friend..

You though, play it like a true assassin both in solo and small "group" action like bgs. You go for kills - you get kills. You move for next fast like some sort of super-ninja. If i had a guild and if you played at PC/EU i would spam guild invite until you accepted to join - just so i could then as the mighty leader force.. uhh.. i mean kindly ask you to do some duo NB stuff (i`d come with my Magblade) with me for fun and just chillin' and killin'. :p

5/5 stuff, keep these coming. Bonus points if you do some IC action next time, i wanna see Tel Var ganks! o:) Oh and more DeVito of course. <3
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone in your bgs is a beginner, lot of them are < cp 160 and probably don't even have sets, some probably didn't have vigor on stam builds, rest are still low cp / low pvp rank, they don't anticipate, they don't break free, they don't heal, they don't block, they don't dodge, you could snipe PVE mobs, I'd be entertained as much as watching these poor beginners who just met someone good at pvp with an optimized build.

I'd be much much more impressed if you would fight good players and end up something like 12/4/10 than this, it's just so empty, none is doing anything except you spamming snipe and farming them.

I don't appreciate snipe builds (not because of the build itself, just because snipe is broken, it's not about playing melee and run around trees, it's about having a skill that works as it should, and I feel like some snipers desync very reliably, even tho they probably don't do it on purpose), but I can appreciate good gameplay even from snipe builds, and I can't appreciate this vid.
    Edited by Lybal on March 15, 2020 10:38AM
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Lybal wrote: »
    Everyone in your bgs is a beginner, lot of them are < cp 160 and probably don't even have sets, some probably didn't have vigor on stam builds, rest are still low cp / low pvp rank, they don't anticipate, they don't break free, they don't heal, they don't block, they don't dodge, you could snipe PVE mobs, I'd be entertained as much as watching these poor beginners who just met someone good at pvp with an optimized build.

I'd be much much more impressed if you would fight good players and end up something like 12/4/10 than this, it's just so empty, none is doing anything except you spamming snipe and farming them.

I don't appreciate snipe builds (not because of the build itself, just because snipe is broken, it's not about playing melee and run around trees, it's about having a skill that works as it should, and I feel like some snipers desync very reliably, even tho they probably don't do it on purpose), but I can appreciate good gameplay even from snipe builds, and I can't appreciate this vid.

I am glad to see you here Lybal and take my hat off to you.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 15, 2020 12:17PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There IS a certain combination of skills that I won't give out here for obvious reasons that drastically increase your chances to desync someone in PVP. It has always existed/been reported numerous times but they seem to never fix it. Just look real closely at your death recap if you desync you will see it if no one else is hitting you and the person is intentionally trying to desync you.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoken like a true hater. The cp810 guys seemed to drop faster then the other guys. Regardless of what the "mmg" was I'd say 40-0 was a good game...for me 😎
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There IS a certain combination of skills that I won't give out here for obvious reasons that drastically increase your chances to desync someone in PVP. It has always existed/been reported numerous times but they seem to never fix it. Just look real closely at your death recap if you desync you will see it if no one else is hitting you and the person is intentionally trying to desync you.

I'm not going to stop using an ability because it might desync someone. That's like asking someone to stop using onslaught before they slightly nerfed it because it was clearly op. Instead like every 1vX video showcased it lol. Have you ever seen a 1vX video where someone was using snipe? Snipe has been nerfed so much it's only viable on a gank (glass canon) set up. Dont believe me go out there on you full impen set up and shoot someone.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Yeah everyone should use melee and run around trees. That's what everyone should do.

That is a huge hyperbole You did here but also nonsensical one. There is plenty of range setups in the game yet somehow it's snipe spammers who get the most bad rep. Same goes for stealth playstyle , different types of nightblades are using it yet it's range gankers who are between most complained about in that matter. Coincidence ?

It's obvious You'll try to defend build You like the most and try to deny imbalances there are connected to it due to Your personal bias but that doesn't mean there are no imbalances and everything is fine.
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭

Spoken like a true hater. The cp810 guys seemed to drop faster then the other guys. Regardless of what the "mmg" was I'd say 40-0 was a good game...for me 😎

I'm just giving feedback cause I don't consider this to be an interesting video, you seems good with this playstyle and I think you could do much more interesting stuff.

But if people like it and enjoy it, what can I say ? Except just keep doing this.

There's no hate, at most a bit of deception because you could make what I'd consider interesting vids, I think Decimus for example on his bowblade used very great bgs to illustrate his build / gameplay even tho it's different from your playstyle but at least I enjoyed his bow gameplay, he wasn't 40/0, but it was much more entertaining to me.
    Edited by Lybal on March 15, 2020 12:50PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just giving feedback cause I don't consider this to be an interesting video, you seems good with this playstyle and I think you could do much more interesting stuff.

But if people like it and enjoy it, what can I say ? Except just keep doing this.

There's no hate, at most a bit of deception because you could make what I'd consider interesting vids, I think Decimus for example on his bowblade used very great bgs to illustrate his build / gameplay even tho it's different from your playstyle but at least I enjoyed his bow gameplay, he wasn't 40/0, but it was much more entertaining to me.

I ❤ snipe. 😎
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭

I ❤ snipe. 😎

I understood it before, but thx for reminding it to me.