The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    DC threw the hammer into the lake yesterday and a DC player was able to grab it because of the Dsync I believe.
    Also did the same when a group threw the AD scroll in the river. Someone was able to still grab it instead of dying to slaughterfish

Now the slaughterfish cant even activate their abilities.

:D ^^^

Stuck in combat maybe?

9MzvBrq.gif
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vet Frostvault was a nightmare. Still buggy.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played PvP for 1 hour tonight.

Experience was a disgrace. Skills not firing, desync up to 5 seconds, unplayable at almost any level. Game aran better years ago with more players on screen at one time.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They completely fixed the bad instances, amazing! Now the problems are completely random! Thanks!
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, following this past Monday's PC incremental patch, we wanted to give you an update. While we are seeing some improvements with abilities and combat actions not activating as expected, we recognize that this is not yet fully resolved and are continuing to investigate. We want to thank those of you who have provided video footage of what you're experiencing on PC since Monday's patch. For those of you on Xbox One and PS4, you will be getting the fixes we published to PC in the next console incremental; we'll let you know when that is scheduled as soon as we can.

Thanks Gina! You never fail to give us some hope :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Hi all, following this past Monday's PC incremental patch, we wanted to give you an update. While we are seeing some improvements with abilities and combat actions not activating as expected, we recognize that this is not yet fully resolved and are continuing to investigate. We want to thank those of you who have provided video footage of what you're experiencing on PC since Monday's patch. For those of you on Xbox One and PS4, you will be getting the fixes we published to PC in the next console incremental; we'll let you know when that is scheduled as soon as we can.

And they never fail to disappoint after.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno at what point might we expect some further information on what is going wrong. This patch has terrible performance and its causing a large proportion of burn out amongst guilds. Do you /Rich /Matt intend to issue any statements on the situation further to this post? Thanks.

Agreed, there needs to be a broader statement from ZOS about the problems this patch has introduced. Some confidence in the Dev team could be restored with a forthright acknowledgement of the mistakes in this patch and an indication of what will be done differently in the future to avoid sending such problematic patches to live.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on March 18, 2020 11:50PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

Sad, but accurate.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina is just the messanger. Im sure she would talk more about the state of ESO if she were allowed to. She is the most tagged person on the forums and that number will never be topped.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst part is when my soul siphon ability isn't working, I can't tell if it's because of input lag or just because it's a necromancer ability.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything has been absolutely fine for me until this evening. I didn't even know what desyncing was but I'm very much getting it now.

Skills aren't responding and I'm skipping actions - so for example, i've just tried to open a door with a lever, it didn't respond then suddenly I was on the other side of the door. Very weird.

Sorry. :(

Edited by Magenpie on March 19, 2020 3:38AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I canceled my sub. Also, I submitted a ticket requesting a refund for Greymoor. At first, I was angry; then, I was disappointed. Now I don’t care!

I login in EVERY DAY. I head to Cyro. I play like 10 minutes and log out. So, I really don’t need ESO plus. I’ve dreaded Updates in the past; but, Update 25 was a bit of a douzy. My toon simply does not play the way it did in Update 24 due to all the issues surrounding block and the innumerable bugs introduced in 25.

I’m not looking forward to Update 26 or even expecting to play much of 25.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on March 19, 2020 2:03AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont know why the devs need video footage, they only have to log into there own game 1 time and play cyrodiil at PT. Voila,
    first-hand experience...
  • Sm0ke
    Sm0ke
    ✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    i dont know why the devs need video footage, they only have to log into there own game 1 time and play cyrodiil at PT. Voila,
    first-hand experience...

Yes, really sounds funny :D
    Probably it’s easier for them to test on an empty PTS server, because everything is always good there, which gives them the impression of their good work ;)
    Edited by Sm0ke on March 19, 2020 9:24AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems long loading screens into character desynchronization becoming more ordinary thing.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    The worst part is when my soul siphon ability isn't working, I can't tell if it's because of input lag or just because it's a necromancer ability.

Isn't Soul Siphon an NB ability?
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you guys realize just how bad it is on console, this needs to be a top priority above all else or youl playerbase is going to dwindle. I don't want to be making these posts and I rarely do make them but god damn its so bad right now.
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update

I'm glad I'm not the only one still feeling the skill delay, bar swapping issues, and ping/fps issues...

I was in a fight today in IC and tried to use Ward Ally but my character kept getting stuck casting the first part of the animation cast and then it would cancel casting all together but was taking my mag and not applying at all.

Yesterday my mal arena run, all my skills lagged and went off all at once at one stage, and on another stage, none of them worked all together but I could light attack.

BG yesterday, I couldn't bar swap and was stuck healing on the back bar for most of the game until I died, which reset being able to bar swap.

Does anyone know if the Slaughterfish logged a ticket with ZOS? :D

• Sm0ke
    Sm0ke
    ✭✭✭
    The same thing, yesterday my skills did not cause any damage, although they used my stamina and the animation was absent, and the ultimate simply did not work.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Gina is just the messanger. Im sure she would talk more about the state of ESO if she were allowed to. She is the most tagged person on the forums and that number will never be topped.

That's why I said they (ZOS) not she.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The incremental patching is incremental at best. Prime time is still a mess.

I'm convinced their only hope is to rebuild the game around a modern game engine. It's worth it. If anyone builds anything like ESO that is stable nobody's gonna stick around for these perennial performance issues.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

I'm convinced their only hope is to rebuild the game around a modern game engine. It's worth it. If anyone builds anything like ESO that is stable nobody's gonna stick around for these perennial performance issues.

I suspect that if done correctly, new world will kill this game.

Shame. Limitless potential. Squandered.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats funny is I don't find New World exactly what I would want. Just this game has become so unplayable so thats all it really has to offer. Be playable in the 50v50. ESO when we see 40 players in one side, we all curse them for crashing the game.

So in short, I guess I'm not leaving ESO. ESO left me.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    After having been playing this game non-stop since its Beta, for the first time I`m starting to consider taking an extended (if not permanent) break. Since Update 25 general performance in PvP has been worse than ever. I had to took a whole week off because of the constant crashes during the first week since 25 launched. And now, relatively quiet week nights are just as unplayable as Friday night peaks. Two nights ago, I waited 40+ minutes in queue. Got into Cyrodiill, ported to a keep... and crashed. The usual where the game stops updating, and after 60-120 seconds you get kicked back to login, and need to try 2 or 3 times to be allowed back in.

I LOVE this game, but if It`s becoming flat out unplayable, then there's nothing I can do but start looking for another game. The most frustrating thing here isn't the constant lag that's been plaguing this game for years, but the fact that following the latest updates, things have become WORSE, despite the fact it's supposed to bring a bunch of performance "enhancements". What good is it to be able to load the game faster if it's only to end up crashed a few minutes later, or unable to use any of your skills in a situation (PvP) where you CANNOT just step back and take a pause?

At this point like many others I'm getting close to getting desperate, and losing all hopes of this game ever at least reaching a *playable* level of performance. I've seen more than a few long-time players quit over the last year because they just could no longer deal with the current level of performance. And I can't think of a single other game I have ever played in my 30+ years as a gamer that had that level of instability and poor performance - and ESO has had 5+ years now to improve on these things, or fix long-standing bugs (the disappearing ground textures in Cyrodiil been there for 5 years now).

IMHO, the only thing keeping ESO alive these days is the fact it's attached to The Elder Scrolls name. If this game had been "Fantasy Mayhem Online", then it probably would have died a long time ago.

It's sad, because the content itself is in my humble opinion fantastic. The content devs are doing a great job. The programmers implementing it - they've been the complete opposite.

So please, PLEASE, fix this game.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we are still planning to have the next PC incremental patch next Monday, March 16, which will include some backend changes in an effort to alleviate some of these issues surrounding input delays. We'll continue monitoring once the patch goes live to make note of any remaining issues.

Last veteran dungeon I just attempted with my guild...people were dying outside of aoe, bars are failing to swap properly, our tank was unable to consistently block, abilities were getting locked out, it was all around a huge CF.

Whatever you did on Monday actually made things worse.

Your game is broken. Fix it.

And still there are people on this forums claiming that this game works perfectly fine, and even if there are any issues, these exist only in Cyrdoiil... Yeah right.

Thank god it is affecting PVE too, because they are one breath away from just letting pvp die.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Whats funny is I don't find New World exactly what I would want. Just this game has become so unplayable so thats all it really has to offer. Be playable in the 50v50. ESO when we see 40 players in one side, we all curse them for crashing the game.

So in short, I guess I'm not leaving ESO. ESO left me.

Very well put. ESO left us, not the other way around.
    Hi everyone, we are still planning to have the next PC incremental patch next Monday, March 16, which will include some backend changes in an effort to alleviate some of these issues surrounding input delays. We'll continue monitoring once the patch goes live to make note of any remaining issues.

Last veteran dungeon I just attempted with my guild...people were dying outside of aoe, bars are failing to swap properly, our tank was unable to consistently block, abilities were getting locked out, it was all around a huge CF.

Whatever you did on Monday actually made things worse.

Your game is broken. Fix it.

And still there are people on this forums claiming that this game works perfectly fine, and even if there are any issues, these exist only in Cyrdoiil... Yeah right.

Thank god it is affecting PVE too, because they are one breath away from just letting pvp die.

This is the most true statement ever made. If it weren't affecting pve, it would never have been even pretended to be addressed. This is the only glimmer of hope I have, that because it affects the casual flower pickers, it will be addressed.

But, alas, it seems they don't know how to fix it, sadly.

Edited by Emphatic_Static on March 19, 2020 8:29PM
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    After having been playing this game non-stop since its Beta, for the first time I`m starting to consider taking an extended (if not permanent) break. Since Update 25 general performance in PvP has been worse than ever. I had to took a whole week off because of the constant crashes during the first week since 25 launched. And now, relatively quiet week nights are just as unplayable as Friday night peaks. Two nights ago, I waited 40+ minutes in queue. Got into Cyrodiill, ported to a keep... and crashed. The usual where the game stops updating, and after 60-120 seconds you get kicked back to login, and need to try 2 or 3 times to be allowed back in.

I LOVE this game, but if It`s becoming flat out unplayable, then there's nothing I can do but start looking for another game. The most frustrating thing here isn't the constant lag that's been plaguing this game for years, but the fact that following the latest updates, things have become WORSE, despite the fact it's supposed to bring a bunch of performance "enhancements". What good is it to be able to load the game faster if it's only to end up crashed a few minutes later, or unable to use any of your skills in a situation (PvP) where you CANNOT just step back and take a pause?

At this point like many others I'm getting close to getting desperate, and losing all hopes of this game ever at least reaching a *playable* level of performance. I've seen more than a few long-time players quit over the last year because they just could no longer deal with the current level of performance. And I can't think of a single other game I have ever played in my 30+ years as a gamer that had that level of instability and poor performance - and ESO has had 5+ years now to improve on these things, or fix long-standing bugs (the disappearing ground textures in Cyrodiil been there for 5 years now).

IMHO, the only thing keeping ESO alive these days is the fact it's attached to The Elder Scrolls name. If this game had been "Fantasy Mayhem Online", then it probably would have died a long time ago.

It's sad, because the content itself is in my humble opinion fantastic. The content devs are doing a great job. The programmers implementing it - they've been the complete opposite.

So please, PLEASE, fix this game.

They need to rebuild ESO around a stable game engine. It's worth it. As soon as another producer comes out with anything similar to ESO that's stable, ESO is done. So if Zenimax is smart, they'll get to work rebuilding the game around a stable game engine ASAP.....before someone else does it first.

ESO is the best game ever created...but that matters not if we can't play it.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Played PvP for 1 hour tonight.

Experience was a disgrace. Skills not firing, desync up to 5 seconds, unplayable at almost any level. Game aran better years ago with more players on screen at one time.

I am 1 hour in tonight. Exact same situation. Got disconnected twice. Was not one minute where i was playing like a decent game. Always lag, always desync ~5 seconds, long load screens.
  • poe
    poe
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday in vAS and today in vCR, DISASTER. Desync everywhere. SHAME ON YOU ZOS, JUST SHAME. No other words for it. After asking you to fix things, you come with a so called fix and RUIN everything.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Isn't Soul Siphon an NB ability?

Maybe. But you get what I mean. That glitchy tether ability that necromancer has.
    Edited by Anhedonie on March 20, 2020 12:06PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.