The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any news on the next patch?
    While we were testing the upcoming patch, we discovered another issue that may be leading to some of the input delays and have been working on a fix for it. Due to the timing it takes to get everything implemented, tested and staged, we will not be publishing an incremental patch on PC this week, but are currently targeting Monday morning.

Apologies on the delay with an update - we're currently testing some potential fixes for this issue. Once we're finished testing and the build appears to be stable, we'll include these in the next PC incremental. We'll let you know when that will be published; it could be as early as this week, but it's still TBD at this time.

I'm curious, was sprint and mounting not being cancelled by block intentional?

They said in another thread it was intentional.
    Intentional, yes, but we're looking to see if there are ways to change it based on the feedback we're seeing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    While we were testing the upcoming patch, we discovered another issue that may be leading to some of the input delays and have been working on a fix for it. Due to the timing it takes to get everything implemented, tested and staged, we will not be publishing an incremental patch on PC this week, but are currently targeting Monday morning.

Apologies on the delay with an update - we're currently testing some potential fixes for this issue. Once we're finished testing and the build appears to be stable, we'll include these in the next PC incremental. We'll let you know when that will be published; it could be as early as this week, but it's still TBD at this time.

Intentional, yes, but we're looking to see if there are ways to change it based on the feedback we're seeing.

Thank you for the info. Here's some feedback, block canceling sprint and mounting is essential to gameplay. Having no counterplay to someone attacking you from off screen as you mount is a huge problem. Counterplay is always important, and should be kept in mind when implementing changes.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You SHOULD be able to use block to cancel sprinting, both mounted and on foot. It is a mechanic that can be used to quickly react to incoming damage, dismount to enter battle quickly or prevent death from fall damage, etc. It has been in the game for years and should remain that way.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

You SHOULD be able to use block to cancel sprinting, both mounted and on foot. It is a mechanic that can be used to quickly react to incoming damage, dismount to enter battle quickly or prevent death from fall damage, etc. It has been in the game for years and should remain that way.

They're trying to dumb everything down for some reason. This game is like a thousand times easier now than launch or pre one tamriel so idk why they are doing this. Messing with animation canceling and animations themselves will be the reason I quit. I already play like once a week as it is, sadly pvp is just too unplayable for me. But the combat is and has always been the best part of this game for me.

I have played so many mmos and no other combat system does it for me. Its going to be sad when they destroy it like they have destroyed so many other things in this game for, what looks to be, the sake of nothing.

On another note, has anyone seen any posts from zos about what went wrong with this patch? The great performance patch that yet again made things worse. Im just curios if they know how it went so incredibly wrong.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

They're trying to dumb everything down for some reason. This game is like a thousand times easier now than launch or pre one tamriel so idk why they are doing this. Messing with animation canceling and animations themselves will be the reason I quit. I already play like once a week as it is, sadly pvp is just too unplayable for me. But the combat is and has always been the best part of this game for me.

I have played so many mmos and no other combat system does it for me. Its going to be sad when they destroy it like they have destroyed so many other things in this game for, what looks to be, the sake of nothing.

On another note, has anyone seen any posts from zos about what went wrong with this patch? The great performance patch that yet again made things worse. Im just curios if they know how it went so incredibly wrong.

If they know what happened, they aren't saying, and I wouldn't expect them to. Transparency hasn't been the dominant trait of this dev team, unfortunately.

Class reps are a thing of the past, not that they ever listened to them anyways. I mean, they gave stam sorcs air atronach to a set. That should tell u they are completely out of touch with what the reps report the community is asking for.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 25 is the worst patch ever released.
    If this isn't fixed game is completely finished, and I've stayed through the worst of them.

Played and subbed on and off since day one.

Me and my whole guild are unsubbing, this patch has been the nail in the coffin.

I've spent over US$200 since update 25 was released on other games, because this patch is just so bad.
    As have many of my other guildies, and lots more players in general, plus your losing subs like nothing before.
    All of which could or would have been spent on crowns.

Unless this is fixed, say goodbye to millions of dollars.

-Uninstalls-

You must be having troubles finding a better game if you're spending $200 on other games
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as some posts have been removed that we do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    If this isn't fixed game is completely finished, and I've stayed through the worst of them.

Me and my whole guild are unsubbing, this patch has been the nail in the coffin.

I've spent over US$200 since update 25 was released on other games, because this patch is just so bad.
    As have many of my other guildies, and lots more players in general, plus your losing subs like nothing before.

-Uninstalls-

You must be having troubles finding a better game if you're spending $200 on other games

For those who like Cyrodiil at least or even the combat here when it works; alternative options are limited.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also noticed positional desyncs... ruining the game for me.

this patch has been a steaming pile of... not fun times. from removing my ability to queue with a friend, to starting out with constant crashes in cyro, to now cyro being completely unreliable... the game just feels broken.

really disappointed.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, we are still planning to have the next PC incremental patch next Monday, March 16, which will include some backend changes in an effort to alleviate some of these issues surrounding input delays. We'll continue monitoring once the patch goes live to make note of any remaining issues.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we are still planning to have the next PC incremental patch next Monday, March 16, which will include some backend changes in an effort to alleviate some of these issues surrounding input delays. We'll continue monitoring once the patch goes live to make note of any remaining issues.

Do these changes address the server to client positional dysyncs as well? Input delays are the least of our problems.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do these changes address the server to client positional dysyncs as well? Input delays are the least of our problems.

Seconded.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I would guess that the input delays and the server/client position de-syncs are probably at the very least related, if they don't in fact share the same root cause. It would not surprise me in the least if what we're calling "input delay" is in reality a client/server input de-sync. When I'm trying to use a skill, my character spasms like he's about to do it, but it never goes off even though it eats up the stamina (or whatever resource). It's like the client is saying "Yo dawg, I'm tryna use a skill" and the server says "wut?" Then 30 seconds later it's like "Oh, you wanted Dizzy, my bad." It gets what you want, eventually, but then your target might not be there anymore according to the server, even if it looks like it to your client. It's like trying to play a game of chess by mail, but your opponent is moving some of the pieces without telling you.

But what the hell do I know, I'm just a mechanical engineer, not a computer make do thing person.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭

So... is this a fix for desync issues, or just to skills not firing? Because both things are important, but the desync issues are what are making it difficult to do stuff like using sigils in arenas, interact with nodes/boards/tables, die behind statues in vSS, not pick up ghosts/pads in vBRP, etc. While fixing skill delays is good, it’s only part of the problem, and not the main one that we’ve brought up on this thread.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as frustrated as I am by the current issues I'm experiencing in game / this patch, I appreciate your updates on this... thank you for letting us know about the plans and some of what is coming with them... hopefully it addresses the problems some of us have been having in cyrodil and elsewhere.
    Edited by mav1234 on March 12, 2020 10:24PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Input delays? What about the inability to interact with ... anything? The inability to cast ground-targetting skills? Sure, this one has found that roll-dodging "miraculously" fixes these issues, but seriously? Input delays? There's nothing delayed about it - this one witnessed his character unable to interact with the environment for over a minute. Then -poof- everything back to normal with a roll-dodge.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed this.
    Friggin odd lag?
    Everything on my end is ok including broadband wired connection.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodie. Please fix 2-4 sec delay/total fail on teleport strike.
  • Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY GAWD! The Cyrodiil experience is incredibly frustrating! We spent about 2 hours last night trying to take down 2 ball groups. We couldn't do damage to them due to skills not firing, they couldn't kill us probably for the same reason so 40-50 players ended up running after each other like idiots around keeps and towers. It was more like a Benny Hill show than PvP.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raevin wrote: »
    OH MY GAWD! The Cyrodiil experience is incredibly frustrating! We spent about 2 hours last night trying to take down 2 ball groups. We couldn't do damage to them due to skills not firing, they couldn't kill us probably for the same reason so 40-50 players ended up running after each other like idiots around keeps and towers. It was more like a Benny Hill show than PvP.

Yes, but I actually like Benny Hill. PVP is a total [snip] now.

[edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on March 13, 2020 5:37PM
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now how am I supposed to test my magsorc dps build?
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Raevin
    Raevin
    ✭✭✭
    Now how am I supposed to test my magsorc dps build?

I think all classes and builds are very well balanced now. None of their skills work properly.

Also I see ppl saying roll-dodging helps with something (forgot what it was).
    In PvP after you roll-dodge (IF you are able to do it at all) your skills grey-out and can't be used for about 1 sec -1.5 sec.
    You usually do that do get out of a bad situation and right after you either need to heal up or put a shiled on but instead you just sit there facetanking all the incoming damage. Another lovely feature.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "should be" and "helping"

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedAffluentBeanBrainSlug

Sorry. Im kind of spamming around. I just actually logged in and tried to go to Gray Toast. Killed 2 players with huge effort to get anything to land because god knows where they really are. Kind of frustrated.
    Edited by technohic on March 13, 2020 11:52PM
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some posts that were not constructive and have only caused disruption to the thread. Please ensure your future posts remain on-topic and do not insult or demean other players.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno is it possible to get any clarification on whether Monday’s update will take into account the positional desync? While a fix to the skill delays is important, it’s only half the equation. The positional desync (while possibly related to the input lag) doesn’t seem to be acknowledged as being in the patch. I just wanna know that someone recognizes it’s an issue and plans on addressing it. Thanks!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabretusks wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno is it possible to get any clarification on whether Monday’s update will take into account the positional desync? While a fix to the skill delays is important, it’s only half the equation. The positional desync (while possibly related to the input lag) doesn’t seem to be acknowledged as being in the patch. I just wanna know that someone recognizes it’s an issue and plans on addressing it. Thanks!

Desync was one of the things mentioned in the twitch clip I linked here.
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Sabretusks wrote: »

Desync was one of the things mentioned in the twitch clip I linked here.

Yeah, I saw that. The concern I had was that the term "desync" could be broadly applied to health desyncs, skill mis-timing, and positional desyncs. I want to make sure they specifically are aware and actively addressing the positional desyncs as they have been vague about that in prior posts.
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    CiNNeR wrote: »
    Yes, it's very noticable and annoying since update 25 recently. Specially in cyrodill. People seem to think it's lag. Makes a good fight nearly impossible.

@ZOS_GinaBruno: is ZOS aware of this?

Yes, posted in a different thread the other day, but we are aware and have been investigating the root cause. No fix at this time, but it's a priority to fix as quickly as we can.

@ZOS_GinaBruno these positional dysyncs are NOT the same type of performance problems as general skill clunkiness and dysyncs. These are separate issues. Can they be tied together somehow? Sure. I just want to make sure the team is aware of these server to player positional dysyncs.

Half of the skill delays can be attributed to this. Ground based AOEs and general buff/debuff skills have their own problems. Skills not firing that require a server calculation of player to target range are not functioning due to these positional dysyncs.

This thread is relevant because it addresses separate issues, that are both affecting combat at the same time. However, it is not just affecting combat. The server loses player position while even doing things as simple as attempting to collect a chest or resource node!

While this positional dysync is a huge deal for end game trials and pvp, it is even affecting the casual farming and questing overland players. I just want to make sure the team is aware of all contributing factors while assessing the issues introduced with update 25, so they can rectify the issues as soon as possible.

@technohic This was what I had in mind when they pointed out that they were addressing desyncs. They kinda threw it back to a different thread that wasn't referring to positional desyncs specifically and said they had already addressed the problem there. While I do hope Monday's patch alleviate all forms of desync, they don't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that they are aware of and actively fixing this based on the fact that they referred us to a thread about non positioning related issue.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's very noticable and annoying since update 25 recently. Specially in cyrodill. People seem to think it's lag. Makes a good fight nearly impossible.

Yes, posted in a different thread the other day, but we are aware and have been investigating the root cause. No fix at this time, but it's a priority to fix as quickly as we can.

Look at snipe, pretty sure its the stun from stealth. You can ALMOST anticipate it because it shows the defile before any damage hit, then when it does hit it shows snipe just stacked up and spammed.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »

Look at snipe, pretty sure its the stun from stealth. You can ALMOST anticipate it because it shows the defile before any damage hit, then when it does hit it shows snipe just stacked up and spammed.

Yeah snipe exploit is terrible right now. I get hit by 3 or 4 at once with no sound. Just dead. Let's be clear here, a good player NEVER dies to a sniper unless they are using this dysync exploit that is prevalent right now.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-Uninstalls-

I fought you 1v1 in Cyro the other day. Half my skills weren’t going off. I’m pretty sure half yours weren’t either. I gave up and ran away. You followed me for a bit.

When a couple other EP showed up, I sheathed my weapons and left, like “I ain’t gonna do that to the man.”

The game is just not fun and not playable. I spent $100 on the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. I’ve been playing some of that. There’s noting really to do in ESO. Cyro is broken. I can’t duel because of desyncs, delayed skills, block dropping, crashes etc. Dungeons are the same.

I did some housing...I log in, try Cyro for an hour. Log out.