The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those keeping score at home:

39 days since Update 25 went live and performance went from bad to extremely bad.

29 days since the last attempted (failed) fix.

13 days since ZOS has provided any new information or comments on the issue.

How is it even remotely acceptable to leave a game broken for more than a month? Are you just hoping we'll forget, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Add to that the lack of ANY acknowledgement to the PTS feedback thread, or even a " oh hi this is not how its going live " to address the firestorm from the vampire changes that got leaked.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    This is a quick clip depicting the misfires in pve, in my house, with only me there. Imagine what happens in cyrodiil...

Ok, I see - i wouldn't be able to distinguish this from normal latency, because I have by default a higher ping and my normal gameplay looks always pretty much like this. I cannot even get out of red most of the time due to my ping.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a long rant typed up but I remembered I give up. Just checking to see if there are any updates halfway through week 6. I'll continue to spend my money elsewhere until there is something.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    TheFM wrote: »
    The amount of times ive desync died today was ridiculous. I do not understand how the LA change even got into the pool of ideas at this point, the only thing they should be focusing on atm is performance. NOTHING else.

In their defense, I'm pretty sure the desync/performance issues are mostly handled by programmers and system engineers, while the LA/HA ideas are handled by the content developers - different teams.

I dont care how long these changes have been coming down the pipeline . I'm pretty sure adding more spaghetti code for a la/ha change is not a good idea.
    How about making it so I dont have to stop everything to get a pot to work mid battle or fix the in combat bug or the greyed out skill bar after a dodge roll . Oh right these are the devs that think dizzy and snipe spam is healthy gameplay or putting a cast time on a shield .
    [Snip]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 2, 2020 2:09PM
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing in prime time and in the wee hours of the morning when no population is locked, I can say with certainty that so far, the series of patches has WORSENED performance. So far, their efforts at performance improvements have been unsuccessful.

At what point do we demand a complete rebuild?....maybe by a different company that can actually resolve these issues? If ZOS had the ability to patch their way out of this mess, we would have seen some improvements by now it seems.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unfortunate that they got so use to removing server resources from cyrodiil and getting away with it, that they have begun removing them from pve servers as well.

I detailed the history of that process in this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/518623/the-true-history-of-cyrodiils-server-problems-and-hope-for-the-future/p1

Unfortunately, tho most of the community agreed, a few angry zergers derailed the thread and it got locked.

It appears that ZOS has decided that its simply not worth it to pay for enough server blades to keep endgame content going, because they make the majority of their money from flower pickers and crown store whales.
    Edited by Lowbei on April 2, 2020 12:00AM
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    It is unfortunate that they got so use to removing server resources from cyrodiil and getting away with it, that they have begun removing them from pve servers as well.

I detailed the history of that process in this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/518623/the-true-history-of-cyrodiils-server-problems-and-hope-for-the-future/p1

Unfortunately, tho most of the community agreed, a few angry zergers derailed the thread and it got locked.

It appears that ZOS has decided that its simply not worth it to pay for enough server blades to keep endgame content going, because they make the majority of their money from flower pickers and crown store whales.

It's so frustrating to have people defend zergs and the decisions to cater to them. They are in denial. You are correct. Those of us who were here since the beginning pvping know you are correct.

Its strange how experienced pvp players are labeled as toxic and irrational, when it is most of the time the inexperienced casuals who are the most unreasonable and illogical voices here on the forums.

Your post was accurate, the responses were infuriating, and only prove your point that the loudest and most repeated points of view get catered to, regardless of whether or not doing so is healthy for the game.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to try go getting a video maybe tomorrow if I can bring myself to log in on prime time again, but if you remember macros slice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLzWXqcQ9U

It looks like that's happening again. Saw it on a couple gaurds tonight. Makes me wonder if some of that "useless code" they took out was actually still doing something
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Im going to try go getting a video maybe tomorrow if I can bring myself to log in on prime time again, but if you remember macros slice:

It looks like that's happening again. Saw it on a couple gaurds tonight. Makes me wonder if some of that "useless code" they took out was actually still doing something

Hilarious, but sad.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would explain a lot of my deaths today lol.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hilarious, but sad.

Agreed. At first I was... um what am I supposed to be seeing here? Then it went, ah yeah okay, that looks hilarious but is incredibly tragic.

Snd for what it's worth this really is affecting normal overland too. Less noticable because mobs usually go down so wuickly, some you can bassically oneshot. But when all you can do is stand around and let the skeevers bite you because nothing goes off then even those little buggers become dangerous.
    So the whole conspiracy *** people have going in this thread can chill out, "flower pickers" are affected too. They may take a little longer to quit but unless ZOS gets this fixed quickly they're going to see a decline in their casual player base as well.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you want to build a game on the foundations of another game that had gone on a different path, even a performance improvement plan doesn't change the game, once again we see the studio's limited skills and intelligence...

6 of the deadly sins got the better of ZOS, Avarice,
    Envy, Pride, Gluttony, Laziness and Lust...

poor us...
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's so frustrating to have people defend zergs and the decisions to cater to them. They are in denial. You are correct. Those of us who were here since the beginning pvping know you are correct.

Its strange how experienced pvp players are labeled as toxic and irrational, when it is most of the time the inexperienced casuals who are the most unreasonable and illogical voices here on the forums.

Your post was accurate, the responses were infuriating, and only prove your point that the loudest and most repeated points of view get catered to, regardless of whether or not doing so is healthy for the game.

That thread is wrong and so are you. A lot of people in that thread pointed out the real source of the lag, which is ZOS moving too many calculations server side and bottlenecking resources. Just because they disagree doesn't make them zerg defenders.

It's obvious what the problem is to anyone with a software or IT background. But yeah I guess you can go on believing ZOS is the boogie man taking away Cyrodiil resources every patch for no good reason.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That thread is wrong and so are you. A lot of people in that thread pointed out the real source of the lag, which is ZOS moving too many calculations server side and bottlenecking resources. Just because they disagree doesn't make them zerg defenders.

It's obvious what the problem is to anyone with a software or IT background. But yeah I guess you can go on believing ZOS is the boogie man taking away Cyrodiil resources every patch for no good reason.

Incorrect, and even tho 4-5 zergers got personally upset by the thread, a vast majority of the community both here and on reddit agreed with it. You can defend ae caps all you want, but the real pvpers know they were the cause of ESOs pvp failure, which lead to the point where today nobody can do pve nor pvp endgame content. ZOS knows this as well, which is why they removed them eventually, albeit too late.

Try not to derail this thread with the same emotional nonsense that you did the other one, simply because you dont like that most of the community disagrees with you.

Furthermore, as someone from the software and IT world, I find it absolutely ridiculous that some of you are still blaming the extremely talented and motivated programmers for the issue, instead of the top down decisions to save money by paying for less servers at the datacenter.

Who are you even talking about? I replied once to your thread to acknowledge that another poster correctly identified the root cause of the lag. I think you are confused.

Labeling all the posts that disagree with you as zergers and not real pvpers doesn't actually prove your point, FYI. You might want to take your own advice about not getting emotional over logical analysis.

Also lol at your last paragraph. Seriously, that's a good laugh.

Yes, you were one of 4-5 upset about it, out of the hundreds who agreed with it.

Also, software professionals have already weighed in on the subject. You have no case, and your attempt to shift the cause to anything other than AoE caps to protect zergers, is quite a good laugh indeed.

I didnt label you personally (or any individuals) as anything, but since you cant seem to avoid getting emotional about the term "zergers" (which is quite revealing), I will ignore you and your attempts to derail yet another thread over your inability to accept that the vast majority disagrees with you.

The amount of rhetoric you employ is politician-level. Holy moly.

Either a good troll or deeply delusional.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want transparency. Do they know what they broke. Do they have any idea to fix it?

In my experience, when 6 weeks goes by with the kind of "communication" we have received thus far, that means it's all deflection from the fact that they have no idea what happened or how to alleviate any of it.

There is no hope. Next chapter will go live with these horrific bugs. Then focus will shift to something else deemed more important than performance and they will just pretend nothing is wrong and hasn't been for months.

I'm ashamed to love a game that is this neglected.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We just wanted to confirm that we are aware of several issues on the live servers and that we are currently debugging them. We know that the most impactful is the input lag problem where your keyboard/mouse/controller doesn't register input in high-intensity situations. We are doing everything we can to figure out what is causing this and how to fix it as soon as possible.

When we have an update on these issues, we will let you know.
    Staff Post
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people in that thread pointed out the real source of the lag, which is ZOS moving too many calculations server side and bottlenecking resources. Just because they disagree doesn't make them zerg defenders.

If ZOS can't handle that many calculations then maybe it's time for them to call it and accept less. Catering to people who literally insist on being able to button mash as fast as they possibly can for dubious reasons is ridiculous. Maybe not everyone's doing it but maybe the combined inputs from all sources are overloading on server side.
    SeveN085 wrote: »
    If you don't believe, spam block button yourself real fast for like 10-15 seconds and you will get kicked.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 9, 2020 9:42PM
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Is it so once playerbase is getting smaller, money gets no milked anymore so you start to communicate with your playerbase now?
    PC-EU
    How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
    A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We just wanted to confirm that we are aware of several issues on the live servers and that we are currently debugging them. We know that the most impactful is the input lag problem where your keyboard/mouse/controller doesn't register input in high-intensity situations. We are doing everything we can to figure out what is causing this and how to fix it as soon as possible.

So... first off, thank you @ZOS_SarahHecker for the update.

Second, I think I speak for most everyone here when we say we are frustrated with the way the game has been performing since update 25. Rather than placing blame, or fueling the fire with more complaints, I would simply like to ask if there are any proposed solutions to prevent this sort of thing from happening going forward? Perhaps incentivizing end game PvP and PvE guilds to go test the upcoming (finalized) patch? Players of that level would certainly notice things like block causing DC issues, deleted jump pads in vCR+, etc. Would it be something you guys would consider to more thoroughly test future patches?
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info :)

I really hope you're working on improving the PC EU server performance.
    The difference in server performance between PC EU and PC NA is like night and day...
    The latency on PC EU is higher than it used to be, there are lag spikes, non responsive combat/guild store and many... other issues that I'm sure you're already aware of due to the multiple reports.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Did you send in a ticket?

2. Does the crown store open?

• Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We know you are aware of the issues, you told us weeks ago. The only problem is you are not able to fix these issues, and by now, I don't think you know how. You reassure us that you are focused on solving this, doing everything you can, which sounds fine, but we need to see progress! Otherwise this is just lip service and we see you in a few weeks when you reassure us you are hard at work looking for the solution.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that the most impactful is the input lag problem where your keyboard/mouse/controller doesn't register input in high-intensity situations.

For endgame PvE, the most impactful is the problem of mechanics bugging out during load. Bosses whose attacks land well after the animation/telegraph. Enemies that move around erratically. Etc.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for at least saying something. I understand there not being much to update and will still get complaints; but it's much better than nothing at all and making it seem like you guys are just moving on with this like its the new norm.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We know you are aware of the issues, you told us weeks ago. The only problem is you are not able to fix these issues, and by now, I don't think you know how. You reassure us that you are focused on solving this, doing everything you can, which sounds fine, but we need to see progress! Otherwise this is just lip service and we see you in a few weeks when you reassure us you are hard at work looking for the solution.

Don't shoot the messenger. A lot of people have been complaining that they've been "silent" about the issue and now when they give us an update, people still complain.

I'm sick of the performance as much as anyone, but at this point they're damned if they do, damned if they don't communicate.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

It doesn't just happen in "high-intensity" situations, it happens all the time, even just soloing a resource against NPC's.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played for a few months and was excited to see if they had fixed some of the game. In Cyrodiil, it is worst than it has ever been.
  • sniperfire03
    When I am in Cyrodiil I have to fight handicapped due to the fact that I never have ANY stam regen. Not sometimes but everyday allday from the time I enter to the time I leave. I have 2 options burst them down before that 1 bar runs out or pray I'm faster. Include all the other issues u just mentioned that I also experience in pvp and pve. Its horrendous unacceptable and zos should be ashamed of themselves for letting this go live to the customers. SHAMEFUL!!!!
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    We know that the most impactful is the input lag problem where your keyboard/mouse/controller doesn't register input in high-intensity situations.

For endgame PvE, the most impactful is the problem of mechanics bugging out during load. Bosses whose attacks land well after the animation/telegraph. Enemies that move around erratically. Etc.

Agreed 100%. Between erratic movements, interrupts not working, blocking (or skills) not registering, and stuff like the Ghosts in vBRP not being able to be picked up, it's truly discouraging to make any meaningful progression right now. Success can still be had despite this, but it sure makes it a lot more difficult.