The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How did it get this bad? (PS4)

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i have said before this is an issue its not just Playstation but Xbox and PC as well
    https://youtu.be/JeGrltFDNic
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on April 13, 2020 8:30PM
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ultraturk
    ultraturk
    check out my horrible lag in PVE.

ive been playing for 3 years and this week the lag in the game has been horrible.

every other game i play doesnt have this lag

my connection isnt bad either

constant lag during my trials all week.

https://youtu.be/Ov8il0u3gJU?t=48
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been 75 days since the input delay was introduced. That's embarrassing.
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My God you guys!!! I play on PC, and I hope to God that stuff actually gets fixed for all of you!!!

We're supposed to be the guinea pigs so when patches come out for you guys, it's mostly fixed. Cause we get it first, it breaks, they try to patch it,it breaks some more. Then what? They give it to console players before finding a fix for either issue? is that how things have been for you guys this whole time? That's just not right.
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My God you guys!!! I play on PC, and I hope to God that stuff actually gets fixed for all of you!!!

We're supposed to be the guinea pigs so when patches come out for you guys, it's mostly fixed. Cause we get it first, it breaks, they try to patch it,it breaks some more. Then what? They give it to console players before finding a fix for either issue? is that how things have been for you guys this whole time? That's just not right.

What ever bugs we get we are normally stuck with them for months
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s been like this since last November nothing works like in the slightest
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    that’s just from the maintenance update after mid year mayhem. It’s been close to 200+ if you wanna include blue screens from November

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP PVP campaigns are unplayable on PS4. I tried giving them the benefit of doubt, but it’s beyond terrible in the current state.

Random stamina drain to zero. (Without using any abilities, not being attacked)
    The desyncs.
    Extreme Lag.
    The crashes.
    Skills not firing.
    Ultimates not working.
    Gap closers not working.

No thanks. Fix it, please.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP PVP campaigns are unplayable on PS4. I tried giving them the benefit of doubt, but it’s beyond terrible in the current state.

Random stamina drain to zero. (Without using any abilities, not being attacked)
    The desyncs.
    Extreme Lag.
    The crashes.
    Skills not firing.
    Ultimates not working.
    Gap closers not working.

No thanks. Fix it, please.

There’s like 20 more things to add to that list that are strictly performance issues. And it’s so annoying because it’s been since November.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    that’s just from the maintenance update after mid year mayhem. It’s been close to 200+ if you wanna include blue screens from November

That was different, it was more like normal behavior for eso with all the crashes PC would get too. Whatever they did on the February 5th patch made pvp immeasurably worse than I've seen in the few years I've been playing.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to see this fixed on console? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys ever going to address how unplayable it is on console? Tried the other night when there was only 1 bar of each alliance and still the same stuff. Skills not working, cc breaking 4+ times, crazy desyncs the list goes on and on. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is this not a top priority? You guys are all about new people what do you think, they are going to think when they die in the most stupidest ways due to sever side issues? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • GerStyler
    GerStyler
    ✭✭✭
    #NeverPayZO$TillPerformanceIsGood
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not trying to be negative just brutally honest.

Sadly, I never hear about ZOS team members playing on console any more. All their playthrough are done on PC. Never on console. Many of the bugs that get recognized and fixed on PC takes months for the patch to be sent to consoles. I have noticed that when a major bug is introduced on PC ZOS is quick to reply on the forums about it, but console is lucky to get a response in months’ time.

I do believe they are hard at work trying to fix issues in general and are writing a lot of code that works in the background, but PS4/Xbox are very low on the totem pole in ZOS list of priorities. More like when they get a chance to look at it and not, we need to fix this now.

We get a bone thru at least annually with the chapter release such as buff/debuffs (which needs a lot of work and a timer for skills) multi-craft last year (need mass fillet of fish added, badly) and more precision control in housing this year.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23
    2/3 the playerbase is considered low on the totem pole? uhhhh
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The performance on consoles is honestly shameful, yet I don't see zos bothering to fix it any time soon. Consoles clearly aren't a high priority which is disappointing.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of times that I die in cyrodiil to nothing is baffling. The game literally registers you somewhere else on your screen. But on your friends and enemies you are standing still not doing anything. Like 10 minutes I couldnt cast anything like normal but I just fall over died like I looked around and I’m in a empty field. My friend like you are standing right next to me not doing anything. Like what?!?!?!? How did it get like this? 5-14 frames and skills never working! Actually shameful @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude this is actually unbelievable pc players complain about it and it started 3 days ago when greymoor came out. It’s been happening for 3 months of non stop unplayable mess. How is this fair??!?!?!?!?!? Where’s is our maintenance? It’s been waaaaaaaaay over due. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    Dude this is actually unbelievable pc players complain about it and it started 3 days ago when greymoor came out. It’s been happening for 3 months of non stop unplayable mess. How is this fair??!?!?!?!?!? Where’s is our maintenance? It’s been waaaaaaaaay over due. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

They got maintenance because it was finally affecting the casual questers. It's not like they just got the input delay and desyncs in U26, they got it a couple weeks after console did when U25 dropped for them. But yeah, console is a joke, no argument there.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos you can be be serious right? It’s even more unplayable in the new patch that just came out. When multiple things die which is all the time the game just straight up freezes for seconds and you can’t do anything about it. Not to mention that there is still 8 to 9 second cast times on every skill no matter what it is. I’ve noticed that there’s even more random load screen is in then before. It’s been three months not including the constant game crashes which would be close to seven months. Are you ever going to just address it, because it would make a lot more people not triggered. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant reliably open a door to get into the Elden Root crafting hub anymore :)
  • TheRealDrRat
    TheRealDrRat
    ✭✭
    I'm glad to see the PS community takes some action in resolving their issues on console. We on XBOX have the same problems - I wish it could just be fixed at this point. The game is becoming unplayable.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To any PC players or potential returning players - console performance has noticeably dipped in Greymoor. I play on PS4 Pro.

Thanks to Greymoor, I (and every single player I have encountered/run with) now experiences:
    • Lower FPS, maybe drops from 30FPS down to 10-20FPS. FPS especially dips with too many effects on screen aka combat even in occasionally in overland.
    • New 0.1-0.2sec screen freezes on killing enemies when the FPS is dipping.
    • NPCs, textures, players, ability effects, audio, etc all failing to load/loading slower than before. I’m even getting low FPS in my Player home which previously never had issues. It dips from a solid 25-30 to easily 10-15. My character also fades in/out on previewing any new cosmetic item at an outfit station. Basically everything has become worse.
    • Not even going to bother with detailing new combat-oriented bugs.

ESO performance has declined slowly for years but the largest decrease in game performance/stability has occurred simultaneously with ZOS performance improvements plan. It’s shameful.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I’ve just been logging in to do my writs these last few days after a month or so off, and even that is just about impossible too, this was my favorite game :( I just wanted to give the new vampire a try. I have to take next week off to have my teeth pulled out was really looking forward to Greymoor while I recovered, but doesnt seem possible.

Sorry ZoS, you screwed up hard
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 12, 2020 1:20PM
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, finally had a chance to play last night after the update on PS4 NA:

Even dungeons are getting testy... Almost let someone die a few times because my character would just stand there instead of healing! Everything looked choppy animation wise, and players were "teleporting" every time we encountered a mob.

Things definitely got worse. That being said, all I did last night was my crafting dailies and a a daily dungeon. I didn't even want to try for my daily BG...

And before anyone even tries: we have 200mb internet (because aint nobody got time fo dat)... I have a new PS4 with 2tb memory... hardware and internet are not the problem...

Before this update, just last week I decided to give Cyrodiil another shot (regardless of the performance issues, I do enjoy just exploring, questing, and harvesting mats). Even staying away from the rabble was baaaaaad. And the zone chat was full of everyone complaining about the lag, and baffled that people were still even in the campaign.

Now I don't want to set foot in Cyrodiil.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love that I can't fence goods now. Sure am glad. /s
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    Love that I can't fence goods now. Sure am glad. /s

Oh boy, I'm almost glad to read that - not for you, of course, but I thought at first there was something wrong on my end, when a window with some ESO source code suddenly showed up when I tried to fence something. Sure hope they're doing something about that (and all the things Vaoh and the others described, which I have noticed right away as well) and quickly. Things have been on a downward spiral for a while now, but with the latest patch performance has, again, taken a notable turn for the worse. It really saddens me at this point. :/
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!