The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How did it get this bad? (PS4)

SillyGT
SillyGT
✭✭✭✭
Since elsweyr on console this game has actually on a downward spiral. The performance is actually unbelievable the game has a crashing problem that last literally 3-4 months. And replaced it with massive lag spikes and skill delay. So us console players have been waiting so patient to get some of the worst feedback I’ve ever seen. It’s been months and it’s only gotten worse and it’s so sad because we all love the game but this is just unacceptable. 4 months later we are waiting on a fix and nothing has changed. Some examples of were obviously the blue screens on ps4 NA that probably happened realistically twice a hour. And since that has been resolved no skill work during any hour of pvp. You can press a skills up to 5-7 times then it will finally go off. And worst of them all everyone in cyrodiil will freeze in place and skip around for up to 5 minutes at a time. And this is not a connection issue, you need to see zone chat blow up when it happens because it’s honestly laughable. How did it get this bad and not been fixed? Oh wait there is only about 3 people talking about it on console. By the way we don’t even have Harrowstorm yet. Can’t wait to see what that will bring us 🙂
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is we will have to wait to see what Harrowstorm brings us and that update is meant to be a major console performance update as it will clear up to 30GB, but seeing how well its been received on PC its not looking good.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP console servers after harrowstorm. They're on life support as of right now
  • munchkinxx
    munchkinxx
    ✭✭✭
    I have been paying since launch and as of last week, finally cancelled my ESO subscription. I will not be downloading the next update until well after there is feed back on it for PS4. I can think of better things to spend the data on rather than 60 GB at this point.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill delay is an absolute nightmare, paired with the load screens during keep flips that we have been waiting for a fix for for over 2 YEARS. These 2 aspects alone to me are the most important things that need to be addressed by ZOS.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday on carmala outpost, 3 reds vs 3 yelows vs 3 blues. It could have been an amazing fight that should have been decided after 5 minutes. We were there fighting for 20 minutes not able to kill each other because everyone could only pull off max. 2 skills in a row, followed by 3 seconds of complete "skill block".

Not to mention the lag. People were knocked back 5 seconds after i leaped them. Sometimes they didnt get knocked back at all.

Don't even know why im playing this crap...

Edit: PS 4 EU, though i guess its the same on every platform
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on March 3, 2020 8:36AM
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes pvp is unplayable ZeroCool
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 months of literally unplayable game, starting with constant crashing and now lag. Zero effort from Zos.

PC gets a rubbish new patch, everything goes to poop and there's an immediate reaction. I guess consoles don't spend enough on clown crates.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually Cyrodiil has always been a train wreck....don't see that ever improving (ugh) and the lag, stuttering really kicked into high gear when Summerset dropped....I don't care what they or anyone else says, their servers suck and they won't address it
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have blue screens if my skills would work.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513588/2-crashs-in-10-minutes-4-in-1-hour-10-in-2-hours-good-job/p20

Gina finally broke silence stating they are working for a fix to roll out with update 25... will it work 😐
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    actually Cyrodiil has always been a train wreck....don't see that ever improving (ugh) and the lag, stuttering really kicked into high gear when Summerset dropped....I don't care what they or anyone else says, their servers suck and they won't address it

^
    This
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

The last "fix" was what has led us to that mess. Before it was crashes and local lag in full keeps. Now nothing works at all and PvP has literally become unplayable on the whole server. I doubt they are going to fix any of these problems. Since it would require a finacial investment.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

Cyrodiil has never been a lag free environment, but the past few weeks have been much different than the normal cyro lag.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp has always had issues, but the ones console has had for the past 4 months really made alot of people question ZOS and their ability to run the game and communicate with their player base, I've never seen a community hand feed developers information like we do for it to be swept under the rug and ignored, blows my mind!
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s almost been a full year of actually unplayable content and it shows there’s 2 bars of each alliance at prime time.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don’t even have harrow storm yet.....
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina finally broke silence stating they are working for a fix to roll out with update 25... will it work 😐
    Yes, we're working on getting these fixes to console before Update 25 launches.

I'm guessing they won't make it and Update 25 will hit consoles without the fixes, and we'll have to wait for a patch. The question is, will ZOS pay the extra $$ to Sony/MS to expedite that patch.

Still in disbelief that the longer the game goes on (and the more ESO+ money we sink into it) the worse it gets. Something's really wrong there.

PS4NA
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Yes, we're working on getting these fixes to console before Update 25 launches.

I'm guessing they won't make it and Update 25 will hit consoles without the fixes, and we'll have to wait for a patch. The question is, will ZOS pay the extra $$ to Sony/MS to expedite that patch.

Still in disbelief that the longer the game goes on (and the more ESO+ money we sink into it) the worse it gets. Something's really wrong there.

Part of the problem is console players get little to no communication from ZOS employees and left wondering what patches will bring, where as PC get constant updates, in 4 months console have had just a handful or replies from ZOS and none have been anywhere near adequate! The most we get is "we are looking into it" then nothing gets fixed!
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Literally simple 2 sentences responses from the devs would calm so many people down.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the pvp guilds is in have been submitting daily tickets to hope zos sees that this is an issue. And I honestly don’t think the submit feedback option in game works.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    One of the pvp guilds is in have been submitting daily tickets to hope zos sees that this is an issue. And I honestly don’t think the submit feedback option in game works.

Lets hope for a little performance uptick next week. I see you out there, although im EP, we can both relate to the horrendous up and down performance that's plagued us all for years.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    we can both relate to the horrendous up and down performance that's plagued us all for years.

I was going to say it cant get worse... but we all know that's the one thing they get right 😂
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s been really bad lately. Like unplayable. I don’t get why people are still on the main campaign playing in the evening.
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see another console user bring this topic up. It’s probably all over for us when nukestorm hits
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    Literally simple 2 sentences responses from the devs would calm so many people down.

Not if those two sentences are the same BS we've seen ever since the blue screening, which is something like:

"Hey guys, thank you for your patience, we're working on a fix for this that should hopefully improve stability on consoles. You'll get it next week".

Sorry, but the time for this is long gone. They should just come clean, no matter how dire the situation actually is. But of course we all know that won't happen, because people might stop playing if they told us that they have no idea how to improve anything anymore at this point.

Dear ZOS, people are stopping to play - and sub - anyway because of the atrocious performance. Honesty would have gone a long way, but I'm really starting not to care for this company and the way it deals with us console players anymore.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    This poor performance and custom service will certainly keep me from purchasing anymore content from them.
  • InRetrospect
    I don’t know about you guys, but I have minimal problems and most often when I do it’s because I’ve lost internet connection and not server connection. Sometimes when I first boot the game up it might run a little laggy but it’s an mmo and that’s to be expected. I’m not downplaying your issues I’m just saying it’s not like that for everybody, but I also don’t play pvp so maybe that has something to do with it as well
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also don’t play pvp so maybe that has something to do with it as well

It has everything to do with it.
  • munchkinxx
    munchkinxx
    ✭✭✭
    The problem ZOS has with the console fixes....no PTS for it. So anything they come up with is untested until it is implemented. PC is much easier for them to create a hot fix for and implement because they have a test server to try them out on first.

So any comment coming from them for console fixes should basically start with " we think it may work...but we won't know until we just throw it in...'

Hence the silence on console issues..

Edited by munchkinxx on March 3, 2020 9:48PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but I also don’t play pvp so maybe that has something to do with it as well

PvE is fine

There are occasional bugs, disconnects here and there but nothing frequent

Maybe once a day if you are very unlucky

Cyrodiil performance is like a guar-excrement
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cirantille Correct me, if I'm wrong, but aren't you on PC, though? I mean, I know that Cyrodiil performance is a s***show after U25 on PC as well, but this thread is specifically about PS4, and we've had to put up with performance issues for way longer than PC.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!