Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Formal Request: ESO+ Sub should cover more than one platform.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

right and again if you'd actually read more thant he last post in the entire thread, there is a simple, logical process by which this would likely increase playerbase and as a result profits in the end.

What world do you live in that the number of subscriptions would go down if people could utilize their sub across different platforms? Explain your logic.

Well considering everyone that has multiple subs currently the profit goes down. You are making an assumption that allowing cross platform subs would increase the subs because of new players starting, but, have you seen the completion rate of the main questlines on console? On PS4 something like 60% of people don't even complete the 3rd main quest. Those people aren't buying subs. So for instance if you brought 5 people to the game via what you are proposing, which would be a decent number. 3 of those players based off the PS4 numbers won't complete more than the 3rd quest. Which leaves two people to possibly sub. But they also lose a subscription from you making the net of one new sub, and that is being generous with the numbers.

Out of all my friends that also have a PS4 I have only been able to talk one person into buying the game, even though it has been the only game I have played for the past 5 years. That one person that has bought it only turn it on once, and never even played with me. At the end of the day ZOS would have to spend lots of time (which they don't have) and pay a lot of money (which they don't have) to implement something that really is a long shot to actually net them more subs.

That is because everyone buys carries in Skyreach these days to fast level and don't play the main game.
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 1, 2020 12:32AM
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

That is because everyone buys carries in Skyreach these days to fast level and don't play the main game.

So new players that have never played the game before know how to get to craglorn then ask in zone chat to buy skyreach carries?

Only 20% of people on PS4 have gotten to level 50 to get that trophy so that is not the case. I can't speak to people on PC, but on console the majority of players do not stick around that long.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Zenimax is no CD Projekt. Some publishers and developers understand what properly serving your customers looks like. Zenimax does not and has been getting increasingly hostile to their customer’s best interest. If they won’t do the right thing, don’t pay them a gods damned dime. That anyone pays for multiple accounts for this game is simply befuddling.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Well, Zenimax is no CD Projekt. Some publishers and developers understand what properly serving your customers looks like. Zenimax does not and has been getting increasingly hostile to their customer’s best interest. If they won’t do the right thing, don’t pay them a gods damned dime. That anyone pays for multiple accounts for this game is simply befuddling.

I don't know when you started playing but since launch they have improved in my eyes. ESO+ never used to have a craft bag, after players made their case ZOS added it. Also you used to have to sub to play the game, now you do not.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So new players that have never played the game before know how to get to craglorn then ask in zone chat to buy skyreach carries?

Only 20% of people on PS4 have gotten to level 50 to get that trophy so that is not the case. I can't speak to people on PC, but on console the majority of players do not stick around that long.

Yes they do it is all over google even Alcast's site.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know when you started playing but since launch they have improved in my eyes. ESO+ never used to have a craft bag, after players made their case ZOS added it. Also you used to have to sub to play the game, now you do not.

I’ll confess I find it a little hard to believe you are oblivious to the significant increase in predatory monetization methods. Especially after the present “event” where it is straight up impossible for players go actually get all the event rewards by playing instead of paying.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ll confess I find it a little hard to believe you are oblivious to the significant increase in predatory monetization methods. Especially after the present “event” where it is straight up impossible for players go actually get all the event rewards by playing instead of paying.

Welcome to games as a service. The cost of a game hasn't increased in years. The cost to produce and develop has increased astronomically. If you don't have extra revenue coming in on a live service game, the servers would shut down quickly. Don't like it? Go play one and done single player games.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will concede that as of turning it on this morning, I realize I was incorrect. I stated that the game requires a zos account but in fact it allows me to log in based solely off of my xbox live account.

But the fact that the xbox live account is linked with my zos account means the framework is 100% already in place for the change I'm saying should come to be implemented. To imply it would take thousands, hell even hundreds of man-hours is lunacy.

Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on March 1, 2020 3:19PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to games as a service. The cost of a game hasn't increased in years. The cost to produce and develop has increased astronomically. If you don't have extra revenue coming in on a live service game, the servers would shut down quickly. Don't like it? Go play one and done single player games.

Not true. Have you ever played diablo? ***, diablo 2 servers are still up and running.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true. Have you ever played diablo? ***, diablo 2 servers are still up and running.

I believe Diablo 2's quarterly content releases are the envy of the genre :wink: !
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I believe Diablo 2's quarterly content releases are the envy of the genre :wink: !

Diablo 3 also has no monetization. The point I was replying to was the statement that games that don't monetize die. And my point that is if it's a title that sells well t hat is not true.

People that don't play ESO aren't envious of the updates. What world do you live in?
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on March 1, 2020 4:06PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Diablo 3 also has no monetization. The point I was replying to was the statement that games that don't monetize die. And my point that is if it's a title that sells well t hat is not true.

People that don't play ESO aren't envious of the updates. What world do you live in?

The real one.

The point you were replying to was the one that said the cost of producing and developing games has increased astronomically. Obviously, it's a lot cheaper just to maintain the servers on an old game that isn't being further developed.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will pay Microsoft and PS for the copy of the game? They need their cut.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately Zos doesnt make the best business decisions to earn themselves more profit. Sometimes i wonder if this mmo has become a side project while they work on whatever next they are working on.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hostile? I ask that you explain yourself?

Making changes to the one does not like is not being hostile. If a company running a GaaS was truly being hostile players would be running for the exit. As someone who does disagree with the management style of Zos and Matt I will attest they are not being hostile.
    Edited by idk on March 1, 2020 4:33PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Who will pay Microsoft and PS for the copy of the game? They need their cut.

IDK Skyrim is still selling 9 years later and it has no regular content updates and there's no social aspect by which I can enjoy it for my friends.
    idk wrote: »

Making changes to the one does not like is not being hostile. If a company running a GaaS was truly being hostile players would be running for the exit. As someone who does disagree with the management style of Zos and Matt I will attest they are not being hostile.

an assumption based on the fact that networking works. I can't be the only person who would gladly switch over to another format to play the game with my friends who only have console. I also can't be the only person who has friends that they'd urge to buy and play the game in order to experience it with friends.

The fact that you're arguing against this is sad, really. There's no harm whatsoever to you, or the game.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

The real one.

The point you were replying to was the one that said the cost of producing and developing games has increased astronomically. Obviously, it's a lot cheaper just to maintain the servers on an old game that isn't being further developed.

No, the post ing eneral made that point but I was specifically responding to the point I mentioned. Reading comprehension is key.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

an assumption based on the fact that networking works. I can't be the only person who would gladly switch over to another format to play the game with my friends who only have console. I also can't be the only person who has friends that they'd urge to buy and play the game in order to experience it with friends.

The fact that you're arguing against this is sad, really. There's no harm whatsoever to you, or the game.

As Nestor has said, since you can play the game without a sub Zos does not need to extend ESO+ across platforms. For that reason alone your premise about networking here falls apart.

Further, I have not suggested there was a harm to me or otherwise and it is sad to suggest I have it seems you are doing here.
    Edited by idk on March 1, 2020 5:09PM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol this is zenimax. If they can squeeze money out of something they will, why would they give us that option?
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

So does every other game development company in existence. It's called marketing. No one is forcing people to buy it and participate in the event. I own the DLC and haven't participated other than a couple random blackrose runs. If people buy two year old content to get a mount and a couple pets that is on them, why wouldn't ZOS promote this.

That's like comparing a game like call of duty releasing old zombie maps on newer games that you actually have to pay for. The only difference is that they have different guns than the original. All companies do stuff to revitalize old content. ZOS is simply using an event to entice people to play older content that nobody plays anymore, I fail to see how that is predatory.

At the end of the day you game buy this game for $1 and not spend a dime on anything else. Do I wish they spent the time and effort on making newer, better content? Of course, but I understand they are a company and are fueled by profit. The moment they stop being a profitable company the game dies.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The real one.

No, the post ing eneral made that point but I was specifically responding to the point I mentioned. Reading comprehension is key.

Indeed it is. You quoted a paragraph and replied to it. You can always use the "snip" command if you want to take one point in isolation and only quote that outside of its context.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When was the last time any content was developed for Diablo 2? What about 3? Everything for D3 is just cosmetics. Those games are in maintenance mode, nothing new is coming to them. It costs Activision/Blizzard next to nothing to have servers open compared to how much money the rest of their catalog brings in. There are plenty of games that have servers open but are in maintenance mode.

The only time i hear people wanting to play on another platform for ESO, they want cross save or an account transfer. The last thing on their minds is the ESO+ sub because they care about the account, not %10 bonus for xp, gold, and some crowns every month.