Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Formal Request: ESO+ Sub should cover more than one platform.

Twenty0zTsunami
Twenty0zTsunami
✭✭✭✭
I should not be expected to pay for a subscription twice if I wish to enjoy the game with my friends who only have xbox or ps4.

I understand the game will likely never be cross platform (as an aside: it should.. protip: "advantage" in pve is nominal and makes no real difference-- just make pvp queues platform specific and merge the rest of the game, problem solved. it's 2020 for gods sake and your base game is only selling used copies for $1 at the likes of gamestop etc-- the real profit comes from crown store and subscription. That's all beside the point however. )But It really bothers me because I have years and countless hours invested as well as year long subscriptions paid for on PC; but most of my friends that are willing to try the game really only wish to do so via console-- for good reason, they already own the aforementioned consoles and don't have $500 min to drop on PC that's barely good enough to run the game. .

This being said, the only real option for me is to pick up gameplay on an alternate platform. if I ever wish to play this, a social game, with real life friends/family/neighbors/S.O.'s etc. Now this wouldn't be a huge deal, even starting at lvl 1-- I kind of enjoy "the adventure" more than the endgame anyway. The real issue is that I would have to deal with storage limitations. And let's not be honest, without the craft bag, the game can be a a painstaking experience.

I can't be the only person who feels put off to the idea of starting over on a DIFFERENT platform solely because of this very problem. And I think it's about time it were addressed. If I use my same ZOS account to play on PS4 or XB1 that I use to play on PC, there's no reason (aside from plain greed) that my ESO+ benefits (frankly craft bag is the only benefit worth a damn) shouldn't be available to me.
Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 4:28PM
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they should give you a free account? Pick one or the other.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are separate accounts. Has there been an MMO ever, where one subscription covered multiple accounts?

(Heck, the people with multiple PC accounts need to get ESO+ individually for each of them. It's not like this is anything new or strange.)
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are separate accounts. Has there been an MMO ever, where one subscription covered multiple accounts?

(Heck, the people with multiple PC accounts need to get ESO+ individually for each of them. It's not like this is anything new or strange.)
    RD065 wrote: »

I'm not asking for a free account. I paid for my game in full. I paid for every expansion and DLC. I'm not even asking for all of those. I am simply stating that the benefits of my monthly subscription I paid for in full should not be squirreled away and hidden from other platforms that I choose to play on.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the problem with console. As for separate accounts - they aren't really. When I log into the eso website I see all my info for my PC sub, but it is ALSO connected to my PS4 account. The problem I bet lies in the fact you buy ESO+ from the console store (or steam) - and therefore I'm sure they take a cut. Who would get the cut if it covered all platforms?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even on the same console PS4 I have to pay ESO+ on each account as well as my PC account.
    Don't hold your breath.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even on the same console PS4 I have to pay ESO+ on each account as well as my PC account.
    Don't hold your breath.

That is the way Subscription based MMO's have always been. You are talking about multiple separate accounts. I am talking about the same account that is utilized to play the game by multiple platforms.

The primary difference is that even if I buy the base game for console I will be forced to log into a ZOS account and obviously I will use the already existing account that I use for PC. Whereas you are talking about, again, multiple separate ZOS accounts for use on the same platform. This is not the same thing.

Requesting that the subscription benefits I pay for effect all platforms associated with my account is not the same as asking for the subscription effecting multiple accounts. Frankly none of what anyone has said in objection so far is relevant.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 4:39PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't hold your breath.

That is the way Subscription based MMO's have always been. You are talking about multiple separate accounts. I am talking about the same account that is utilized to play the game by multiple platforms.

The primary difference is that even if I buy the base game for console I will be forced to log into a ZOS account and obviously I will use the already existing account that I use for PC. Whereas you are talking about, again, multiple separate ZOS accounts for use on the same platform. This is not the same thing.

Requesting that the subscription benefits I pay for effect all platforms associated with my account is not the same as asking for the subscription effecting multiple accounts. Frankly none of what anyone has said in objection so far is relevant.

The charge is per platform, my Tequilafire account holds both PC and PS4 but the ESO+ charge is separate and paid in separate stores.
    Would be nice but not going to happen.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 29, 2020 5:19PM
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I dislike leaving my Xbox character to rot because I'm not going to bother with ESO+ on two platforms I understand how business operates and its just not going to happen.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it should too.
    And frankly paying for, say, two platforms is a horrid idea. It's double jeopardy because your play time is divided over the two platforms, reducing your value. A lot.

If you don't like their model, don't encourage it. Maybe alternate your play between the platforms and go monthly one platform at a time. Or subscribe only when your inventory is full of mats.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 29, 2020 5:35PM
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP.

You should only have 1 account, and a different array of characters for each platform.
    The ESO+ sub would cover the account, thus being validated on each platform.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should not be expected to pay for a subscription twice if I wish to enjoy the game with my friends who only have xbox or ps4.

I understand the game will likely never be cross platform (as an aside: it should.. protip: "advantage" in pve is nominal and makes no real difference-- just make pvp queues platform specific and merge the rest of the game, problem solved. it's 2020 for gods sake and your base game is only selling used copies for $1 at the likes of gamestop etc-- the real profit comes from crown store and subscription. That's all beside the point however. )But It really bothers me because I have years and countless hours invested as well as year long subscriptions paid for on PC; but most of my friends that are willing to try the game really only wish to do so via console-- for good reason, they already own the aforementioned consoles and don't have $500 min to drop on PC that's barely good enough to run the game. .

This being said, the only real option for me is to pick up gameplay on an alternate platform. if I ever wish to play this, a social game, with real life friends/family/neighbors/S.O.'s etc. Now this wouldn't be a huge deal, even starting at lvl 1-- I kind of enjoy "the adventure" more than the endgame anyway. The real issue is that I would have to deal with storage limitations. And let's not be honest, without the craft bag, the game can be a a painstaking experience.

I can't be the only person who feels put off to the idea of starting over on a DIFFERENT platform solely because of this very problem. And I think it's about time it were addressed. If I use my same ZOS account to play on PS4 or XB1 that I use to play on PC, there's no reason (aside from plain greed) that my ESO+ benefits (frankly craft bag is the only benefit worth a damn) shouldn't be available to me.

I do not know ANY cross platform mmo that covers multiple platforms. FFXIV for example you sub on pc you need to sub on PS4.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS making it so they get less money....never. There is your answer but you already knew that.
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 5:45PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

I do not know ANY cross platform mmo that covers multiple platforms. FFXIV for example you sub on pc you need to sub on PS4.

Wrong. for FFXIV you may have to buy the actual core game for the new platform (much liek is required for ESO) but the paid subscription covers your account across the all platforms. Because just like ESO, if I play ESO on the PC I have to first log into my ZOS account. And of course if I wish to play it on ps4/xbox I hjave t o sign into a ZOS account. The primary difference is that the subscription is MANDATORY to actually play FFXIV. But the fact that ESO's is not mandatory in no way invalidates my proposal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/72mo1u/subscription_on_different_platforms/
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 5:54PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RD065 wrote: »

I'm not asking for a free account. I paid for my game in full. I paid for every expansion and DLC. I'm not even asking for all of those. I am simply stating that the benefits of my monthly subscription I paid for in full should not be squirreled away and hidden from other platforms that I choose to play on.

right after they make crown store purchases apply to both US and EU.

no but seriously... we have to buy things twice on THE SAME ACCOUNT right now. the chance of them making ESO plus apply across platforms is just.. nonexistant.

P.S. I'm not against your proposal. I'm just saying that its unrealistic thing to ask for unfortunately.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 29, 2020 6:18PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly, it is a business choice Zos has made. OP is not suggesting a compelling reason Zos should change this model. Heck, doubt there are enough that play on more than one platform to make it worthwhile to change the coding involved.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can play any account without a sub, ZOS does not need to extend one ESO+ Account to other Accounts.

You are not being prohibited from playing on other platforms.
    Edited by Nestor on February 29, 2020 8:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Since you can play any account without a sub, ZOS does not need to extend one ESO+ Account to other Accounts.

it is actually smart business to do this change.

most people will not have two accounts on two platforms. but by having eso plus across the board they in fact will most likely make a lot more money.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like everyone else I highly doubt that they will ever change this. Honestly, it is just not advantageous for them to do so since they wouldn't make more money. Since there are so few people that play on multiple servers in the first place the resources are just better used elsewhere.

As for crossplatform it is more so Microsoft and Sony that are hindering it. Personally someone has to give their heads a shake and just enable crossplatform between Playstation and Xbox for all games. If this were to happen I think it does great things to ESO on console since it will make the game look a lot more populated and people would have more players that want to partake in similar style gameplay. Right now on every console server the endgame community is very, very small to the point 3 of my trials guilds are basically the same people with different core groups that all jump in to help.

The cross play with PC though should never happen. The main issue being PVP like you said and PVE score pushing. PC addons, keybinding and load times are just years ahead of what console players have access to. If score pushing console players have to compete with all PC groups it just lowers the player base on the consoles and becomes in essence pay to win since you have to have a PC to be a top player.

But realistically nothing will ever change and as the game starts dying out more and more the NA and EU servers will most likely be combined until the game fully dies out.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

most people will not have two accounts on two platforms. but by having eso plus across the board they in fact will most likely make a lot more money.

how. how are they supposed to accomplish that?

in the games where subscription is shared across platforms? so are actual accounts, complete with cross save (or equivalent for an MMO - aka progress copies over) function.

you have separate ZoS account for every game copy. its not shared cross platform. progress is not even shared across US and EU servers on the same account.

why i bring it up? because how.. how do they share subscription when nothing else is shared? they would have to completely rework how ESO accounts work. they would have to make it possible to use the same login info on different platforms, which is not currently the case. and I highly doubt would ever be the case.

and exactly HOW will they make more money? completely reworking account system like that is an incredible time investment for.. what gain? if people do not want to pay for 2 separate subscriptions, what makes you think they would want to pay extra for anything else?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I could see this making any sense to ZOS and the console providers would be if an enhanced subscription was available at a discounted rate - so if it's say £8 per month for your original platform you could pay say £12 per month and nominate a second platform, or £14 per month for all platforms. A separate copy of the game would be required for each platform and characters would only exist on the platform they were created on.

I suspect, however, that the cumbersome process it would involve including apportionments between the three providers would render it non-viable given what would likely be only a very small demand - and the increase in billing and other customer support issues that would probably arise.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »

how. how are they supposed to accomplish that?

in the games where subscription is shared across platforms? so are actual accounts, complete with cross save (or equivalent for an MMO - aka progress copies over) function.

you have separate ZoS account for every game copy. its not shared cross platform. progress is not even shared across US and EU servers on the same account.

why i bring it up? because how.. how do they share subscription when nothing else is shared? they would have to completely rework how ESO accounts work. they would have to make it possible to use the same login info on different platforms, which is not currently the case. and I highly doubt would ever be the case.

and exactly HOW will they make more money? completely reworking account system like that is an incredible time investment for.. what gain? if people do not want to pay for 2 separate subscriptions, what makes you think they would want to pay extra for anything else?

I elaborated how it would drive profit. Don't reply to something you haven't read.

As far as how.. Well let's see.. I already have a PSN and XBL account LINKED to my ZOS account. So I imagine it's as simple as that. Not really a foreign or ridiculous concept.

You're telling me I can link my twitch account to my zos account and they can legitimately tell I was viewing a stream and have earned a "drop" but they couldn't associate the different platforms with the primary zos account? Absolute nonsense.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Clearly, it is a business choice Zos has made. OP is not suggesting a compelling reason Zos should change this model. Heck, doubt there are enough that play on more than one platform to make it worthwhile to change the coding involved.

It would attract more players to various platforms. I have a friends list full of people on PSN and XB1 that don't play the game. Personally I think it's a great game, the best fantasy MMO on the market right now and many of those aforementioned friends would probably like it too.

But the fact is I'm not really inclined to urge them to play it because the likelihood of me getting on and playing is very low. Because I have hundreds of dollars sunk into the subscription alone for the game on PC.

Now that likelihood would rise drastically if the paid-for bonuses I get for my + membership transferred over. I could deal with starting over and in fact am a bit enticed by the idea "vanilla/no mod'start from scratch" experience I currently can not get on PC ( I realize I can play without mods, I specifically mean playing without expansions-- starting in Davon's Watch as opposed to elseweyr or what have you) And I would definitely urge my friends, family, significant other, neighbors etc to join me in doing so. Hell I would probably play on both PS and XB because I have various friends who exclusively play on both platforms. If they put it on the switch I might play it there too.

Some of those friends people like me refer (trust me, I'm not alone) would inevitably take a shine to it and start playing a lot.. Eventually, like many before them, they will likely make crown store purchases and very well may come to realize the value, if not the importance of the craft bag for a smooth experience. And just like I influenced people who otherwise had little interest, the people who tried it out on my suggestion would obviously have friends that would see them log on, migth watch their "shareplay" stream, watch the videos they post on their xbox social feed, and would in turn be inclined to give the game a shot. And the cycle would continue.

And as such, by allowing players who already pay for their subscription to utilize the benefits across different platforms, through player networking, word of mouth etc, they will likely bolster player numbers and generate income across different platforms.

It's not a difficult concept and not unlikely to work to be honest. People want to play games with their friends. People make recommendations to those close to them all the time. The only reason I even own consoles is to play games with my friends who don't mess around on PC. The only reason I bought another copy of GTA or Borderlands 3 for the console is becuase I wanted to play with specific people. And you're fooling yourself if you believe I am alone in that habit.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 11:38PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.

the rules don't appear to state anything about calling out plants/shills. It's also not insulting or "flaming" to imply certain posters may be coming off as one. Why else would an average user be so vehemently against an idea that would improve the game experience for so many people?
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 11:47PM
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    And lose the chance to get more money? NO WAY
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    And lose the chance to get more money? NO WAY

Right. The only justification for the current system is laziness/greed.

But as I explained, by making this one small concession they would likely open up many new avenues for profit generation by increasing interest in the game by proxy.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 29, 2020 11:48PM
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

Because a company that makes video games for profit are being greedy by trying to make money? In reality if the sub system starts to change and ZOS starts losing subs the game gets shut down. At this point I am happy it isn't a mandatory sub.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

Because a company that makes video games for profit are being greedy by trying to make money? In reality if the sub system starts to change and ZOS starts losing subs the game gets shut down. At this point I am happy it isn't a mandatory sub.

right and again if you'd actually read more thant he last post in the entire thread, there is a simple, logical process by which this would likely increase playerbase and as a result profits in the end.

What world do you live in that the number of subscriptions would go down if people could utilize their sub across different platforms? Explain your logic.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on March 1, 2020 12:06AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

right and again if you'd actually read more thant he last post in the entire thread, there is a simple, logical process by which this would likely increase playerbase and as a result profits in the end.

What world do you live in that the number of subscriptions would go down if people could utilize their sub across different platforms? Explain your logic.

That simple logical process is nothing more than a guess just as your comment that greed is the only reason for the current system is merely your opinion.

You suggest that they would get more business if they did such a thing but have not provided anything of actual value to support your claims. The best you have provided is you have friends on both consoles that do not play the game. Heck, I have gaming friends that do not play ESO and they would still avoid ESO if ESO+ covered all platforms so it is really who on your friends list plays and does not play this game.

In fact, your "logic" makes no sense. It seems you are just making stuff up to try to make your idea sound worthy but you are coming up short.

But it does not matter what I think. As I mentioned before, it matters what the business people at Zos think and they seem to understand this market better than both of us put together.
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

Well considering everyone that has multiple subs currently the profit goes down. You are making an assumption that allowing cross platform subs would increase the subs because of new players starting, but, have you seen the completion rate of the main questlines on console? On PS4 something like 60% of people don't even complete the 3rd main quest. Those people aren't buying subs. So for instance if you brought 5 people to the game via what you are proposing, which would be a decent number. 3 of those players based off the PS4 numbers won't complete more than the 3rd quest. Which leaves two people to possibly sub. But they also lose a subscription from you making the net of one new sub, and that is being generous with the numbers.

Out of all my friends that also have a PS4 I have only been able to talk one person into buying the game, even though it has been the only game I have played for the past 5 years. That one person that has bought it only turn it on once, and never even played with me. At the end of the day ZOS would have to spend lots of time (which they don't have) and pay a lot of money (which they don't have) to implement something that really is a long shot to actually net them more subs.