The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Blastbones is completely unusable in Sunspire (and probably other trials) after the patch

ecru
ecru
✭✭✭✭✭
Before the patch, Blastbones (magicka and stamina morphs) would reliably hit all three bosses (and every other boss for the most part) in Sunspire every 3rd gcd if you were in melee range. After the patch, it's not usable again until anywhere from the 4th to the 8th gcd. This causes two problems. The obvious problem is that Stamcro and Magcro dps will drop by ~15-20% or so, making them by far the worst dps you could possibly bring, and the inconsistencies with the timing on Blastbones make your rotation impossible to predict. You cannot even just stand in one spot and expect it to always be ready on the same gcd, it's so bad that it varies by what seems like 1-3 gcds for no obvious reason.

Your "fix" made both stamcro and magcro by far the worst, most unreliable dps in this specific trial. I haven't done any other trials yet this patch, but I wouldn't be surprised if this issue extends to other trials too. Please consider another solution, like making Blastbones always hit after a specific time no matter what and then adjusting the dps of the class from there. Every change you've implemented, while it may make the ability better in some situations, has always lead to it being much worse in other situations. Not only did Stalking Blastbones (magicka morph) lose 10% crit this patch (please fix this bug lol), the damage increasing passive no longer has any function at all, making the morph completely redundant. Combine this with the inconsistencies also introduced that I mentioned above, and I'm confident in saying that at least Magcro is far, far behind every other magicka dps in trials right now. Class defining abilities should be reliable, and Blastbones is (still) the total opposite.
Edited by ecru on February 28, 2020 4:00AM
Gryphon Heart
Godslayer
Dawnbringer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow Siphon seems worse than ever before as well. That skill simply will not cast. It’s worst on Yol.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow Siphon seems worse than ever before as well. That skill simply will not cast. It’s worst on Yol.

I noticed this too. It seemed slightly better on PTS in most cases (aside from occasionally spinning 120 degrees to tether a corpse), but I'm still having issues keeping the skill active in Sunspire.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, noticed that just doing parses. Just doesn't like to work anymore.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a real pity. Guess my necros will be collecting dust for another patch cycle.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is how we stop the Necro meta - make them completely unplayable. Part of me is okay with that after nearly a year of Necro dominance.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess this is how we stop the Necro meta - make them completely unplayable. Part of me is okay with that after nearly a year of Necro dominance.

Dont think you will get rid of the 3 necros needed for max vuln uptime on bosses that way, might be a start tho^^
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experiences, B-bones launch is affected by camera angle. I like to see my char from little elevated position, but it wont let me cast b-bones unless I lower my camera and watch the dragon's head upwards from the ground. There is no issue like that with targeting trash or atros.