The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ideas for stamina nightblade buff

Deathlord92
Deathlord92
✭✭✭✭✭
Please give us back major fracture on surprise attack and stun back on incap it’s all I ask. Any chance of this actually happening? And also please leave your ideas for stamblade to no trolls please.
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    We need:
    1. Major fracture on surprise attack,
    2. 40% slow on Aspect of Terror and morph,
    3. Major defile on Killer's Blade,
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need:
    I actually never thought of major defile on killers blade before that’s actually a really good idea because you would have worked to get them that low in the first place atm I put all my effort to getting them low health just for thm to ez heal bk up I refer to meta builds tanky builds 😒
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    "I put all my effort to getting them low health just for thm to ez heal bk up I refer to meta builds tanky builds" - This is why stamNB need Major Defile on his finisher.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    They aren't gonna put a stun on incap cause it's what made the skill broken and why the bow shot got nerfed with a cast time/travel time so that would be dumb. They should just remove the silence giving cc immunity and bring back major defile so it's like the stam version of soul harvest.

Surprise attack isn't gonna get major fracture cause they explain that the skill audit was made to get rid of duplicates of the same debuffs in the kit and fracture belongs to mark target, they could however change the terrible 5% armor strip to a bleed dot similar to the warden spammable to help the class gain some form of pressure with the extreme telegraphed combos of a nb

Increase the base time of the shadow barrier passive by 2 seconds making it 8 instead of 6 at base helping cover up gaps in major resolve and allowing dark cloak to get the armor buff for the full duration of the skill without dropping without 2 pieces of heavy armor

Those are the biggest problems rn with the class outside cast times.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need:

Idk how this would make sense, once again with the skill audit they said they weren't gonna duplicate debuffs so major fracture on surprise attack not happening, fear if anything could use a cost reduction esp since stam has access to turn evil and the cost increases to shadow image, and major defile on KB is stupid and would be broken because you could literally rotate major defile on someone the whole fight and have 100% uptime on it for how cheap it is even before execute range.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I put all my effort to getting them low health just for thm to ez heal bk up I refer to meta builds tanky builds" - This is why stamNB need Major Defile on his finisher.
    Yup exactly
    Edited by Deathlord92 on February 27, 2020 1:22PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's start with removing cast times on ultimates. This one is a no-brainer.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    We need:

Idk how this would make sense, once again with the skill audit they said they weren't gonna duplicate debuffs so major fracture on surprise attack not happening, fear if anything could use a cost reduction esp since stam has access to turn evil and the cost increases to shadow image, and major defile on KB is stupid and would be broken because you could literally rotate major defile on someone the whole fight and have 100% uptime on it for how cheap it is even before execute range.
    My thoughts on this was for major defile to only work while they was in execute range
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't gonna put a stun on incap cause it's what made the skill broken and why the bow shot got nerfed with a cast time/travel time so that would be dumb. They should just remove the silence giving cc immunity and bring back major defile so it's like the stam version of soul harvest.

Surprise attack isn't gonna get major fracture cause they explain that the skill audit was made to get rid of duplicates of the same debuffs in the kit and fracture belongs to mark target, they could however change the terrible 5% armor strip to a bleed dot similar to the warden spammable to help the class gain some form of pressure with the extreme telegraphed combos of a nb

Increase the base time of the shadow barrier passive by 2 seconds making it 8 instead of 6 at base helping cover up gaps in major resolve and allowing dark cloak to get the armor buff for the full duration of the skill without dropping without 2 pieces of heavy armor

Major defile back on incap would certainly be better then the stun I’d love this but this was one of many things people hated unfortunately. I use mark sometimes night mothers gaze but it’s nothing like major fracture on SA
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    malevolent offering & morph MUST BE REWORKED COMPLETELY, who is using this ????? really

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    We need:

major defile on KB is stupid and would be broken because you could literally rotate major defile on someone the whole fight and have 100% uptime on it for how cheap it is even before execute range.

Just KB apply Major defile only when opponent in execute range. Where you see 100% uptime?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny thing about this is the class would have been better if mark target and path never existed.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Funny thing about this is the class would have been better if mark target and path never existed.

Lol this is true
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Thedragonlolitucker

no one want to use mark literally a waste of a slot dk has fracture on noxious warden on shalks why not on sa lol
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I agree with it but that's what the dev's want, originally when they were making the nerfs I advocated for keeping fracture or putting minor vulnerability on SA as it's the only class that is locked into the spammable by normal means cause the armor buff is attached to it and has to go against stuff like jabs/d swing so it needs to be strong.
    Edited by JinxxND on February 27, 2020 2:16PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no one want to use mark literally a waste of a slot dk has fracture on noxious warden on shalks why not on sa lol
    This is exactly what I have been saying
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Please give us back major fracture on surprise attack and stun back on incap it’s all I ask. Any chance of this actually happening? And also please leave your ideas for stamblade to no trolls please.

It would be nice, too, to have Major Brutality on Drain Power morphs on cast, not on enemy hit.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I agree with it but that's what the dev's want

I am afraid dev themselves are not sure what the dev's want, I mean what is the plan they have for NB class? I do not see anything like a goal they want to reach via some well planned steps. It is like they only react on all the whining on forums. I mean NB is supposed to be an assassin. Do you feel like you can assassinate anyone with the exception of overland trash mobs?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If there’s one thing I’ve learned about organizations is whenever there’s a change someone championed the change. Their ego gets wrapped up in the change and they never admit they were wrong.

Things are almost never reverted, instead it’s a long process of changes until eventually you’re back where you started. This way no one has to admit they *** up. Getting someone at management level to admit they screwed up is next to impossible. Even if they’re told they screwed up by their superior, it’s done in private and not publicly and nothing’s reverted.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 28, 2020 3:33AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    malevolent offering & morph MUST BE REWORKED COMPLETELY, who is using this ????? really

The morphs could be better, however in pve context malevolent offering comes in clutch for running vet content with pugs, noobs, squishy group buff tanks, or just as a general healer skill. Ive healed one of my tanks for at least 15k on a dps settup before. I think its morphs need buffing/differentiation. The lower cost one is virtually useless if running ANY self heals. I honestly like the uniqueness of a skill that costs health and would love to see more of this implemented into the nightblade class.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Target and morphs should have minor vulnerability as a debuff.

Incap should keep the silence and also add "disarm" which would be the stam version of silence.

stam spectral bow should provide major brutality as a buff while the mag version provide major sorcery.

ambush should just be an empower buff like before.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »

It would be nice, too, to have Major Brutality on Drain Power morphs on cast, not on enemy hit.

Honestly I think they should give brutality/sorcery to grim focus as its supposed be building up attack power and they stripped minor berserk from it cause it was giving nb too much dmg in pve apparently, that or it should get minor force or major savagery, some kinda dmg buff and give the heal to drain power and its morphs increasing sap essence heal and giving power extraction a heal similar to the current one on sap essence
    Edited by JinxxND on February 28, 2020 12:29PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Mark Target and morphs should have minor vulnerability as a debuff.

Incap should keep the silence and also add "disarm" which would be the stam version of silence.

stam spectral bow should provide major brutality as a buff while the mag version provide major sorcery.

ambush should just be an empower buff like before.
    Mark giving minor vulnerability and major fracture? If so that would actually make mark worth using because the heal and major berserk is useless imo unless we are killing pve players or trash mobs looool 😂
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Even if they’re told they screwed up by their superior, it’s done in private and not publicly and nothing’s reverted.

But it would work only if it wasn't obvious to everyone that they had screwed up. So they wouldn't do that unless the superior is also dumb as ***. Oh... Oh, ok, now I get it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think loading up the trash abilities will do a thing. The issue for my NB is always that to remove ‘overlap’ they removed effects from abilities I use and added them to abilities I have no space for.

Path? - useless outside PvE
    Mark Target - useless overall

I mean, what are you going to take off your bar to use one of these abilities? A heal, a stun, your spammable? They left utility on trash abilities so it looks like the class has access to it, when in reality there’s never going to be a build your use them. Yea, I’m going to wait to hit someone with an aoe in melee range to have major sorcery or brutality and not just use a pot or rally.

Yea, I’ll add mark and path and run around with no way to heal myself or no execute, it’s dumb.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 28, 2020 2:45PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ZoS should do, taking into account some of your ideas.

SA gets minor fracture.

Mark keeps the major fracture buff. Anyone who says mark is a waste of a skill slot hasn't learned how awesome reapers mark is when used correctly. One of my favorite skills in BG’s where sometimes you can let the other team make the kill and now you have 5 seconds of major berserk to tear down damn near anyone who’s left.

KB gets minor defile if target less than 25%. I can get on board with this but Major would be way to OP.

Incap gets stun at 120, remove silence. Cast times are a thing. Just learn to time your attacks and feign attacks and make them roll dodge and get them after it.

Siphoning and leeching also grant major sorcery and brutality respectively. Still maintains its current ability as well.

Extraction loses its major sorcery and brutality.

Mass hysteria add snare.

One thing i haven't seen a lot of talk about is passives. One reason why a lot of classes are outshining NB (which i don't entirely agree with that opinion) is how well some classes passives support their class. NB does have good ones but compared to my DK for instance, i like my DK’s passives much more. Templars have better ones as well.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made some suggestion in an earlier post for Mag and Stam NB.

Merciless Resolve -
    * Last 15s however refreshed every time you use the Spectral Bow. (This will put it on par with classes with similar burst damage, having to reactive is a lose in DPS. Compare this to Purifying Light applies direct damage on cast and then just wait for it to pop.
    * Now applied Minor Protection for the duration. (The option to gain 2% damage reduction per light/heavy is very inconsistent)
    * 50% of the damage cause with be given back to you in health over 6s. (I find the burst heal inconsistent, as most Magicka play ranged.)
    * Skill now cost 2500 magicka to activate and the same to cast the Spec Bow.(because you can now refresh the skill when you cast Spec Bow, the cost is increased to use, however first activation is cheaper and cost the same as using the Bow.
    * Damage unchanged.

Relentless Focus -

* Last 15s however refreshed every time you use the Spectral Bow. (This will put it on par with classes with similar burst damage, having to reactive is a lose in DPS. Compare this to Purifying Light applies direct damage on cast and then just wait for it to pop.
    * Now applied Minor Protection for the duration. (The option to gain 2% damage reduction per light/heavy is very inconsistent)
    * Keep the burst heal
    * Keep the damage
    * Unsure of cost, as I don’t play StamBlade (maybe a StamBlade chim in here)
    * Guaranteed a critical hit. (As you no longer need the extended duration of the ability, the Spectral Bow is a 100% to Critical strike.

Dark Cloak Change -
    * You now heal for x amount of heal instantly and x amount over 8s, scales of max health.
    * Activating Dark Cloak gives you an increase 5% max health for 20s. (No longer grants minor protection as it has been moved to Grim Focus.

Concealed Weapon Change -

* Keep the damage
    * You can now you this ability at range 28m. (Remove the ability to Stun and off balance. This change is to go hand in hand with Impale for ranged game play and other Magicka abilities.
    * Keep movement speed while slotted.

Surprise Attack -

* Keep damage and resistance debuff.
    * After attacking with Surprise attack you gain empowering with your next Light Attack. (Empowering suits a spammable better, where you will utilise it more often.)

Lotus Fan Change - Lotus Stab

* Keep damage and Minor Vulnerability, damage over time is applied to the single target and no longer applies as an AoE.
    * Attacking with Lotus Stab while Sneaking or Cloaked Stuns the Enemy for 3s and sets them off balance. (This was removed from Concealed Weapon, this skill suits the bonuses better)

Ambush -

* Keep Damage and Minor Vulnerability
    * Attacking with Ambush while Sneaking or Cloaked Stuns the Enemy for 3s and sets them off balance.

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SA gets minor fracture.

Mark keeps the major fracture buff. Anyone who says mark is a waste of a skill slot hasn't learned how awesome reapers mark is when used correctly. One of my favorite skills in BG’s where sometimes you can let the other team make the kill and now you have 5 seconds of major berserk to tear down damn near anyone who’s left.

KB gets minor defile if target less than 25%. I can get on board with this but Major would be way to OP.

Incap gets stun at 120, remove silence. Cast times are a thing. Just learn to time your attacks and feign attacks and make them roll dodge and get them after it.

Siphoning and leeching also grant major sorcery and brutality respectively. Still maintains its current ability as well.

Mass hysteria add snare.

One thing i haven't seen a lot of talk about is passives. One reason why a lot of classes are outshining NB (which i don't entirely agree with that opinion) is how well some classes passives support their class. NB does have good ones but compared to my DK for instance, i like my DK’s passives much more. Templars have better ones as well.
    As someone who been playing with mark on and of even before elsweyr for major berserk I get your point it’s very nice when it works which it hardly does when you get a horrible team I like playing solo. Right now only thing I’m using mark for is major fracture which is kinda underwhelming when warden nice fat hard hitting aoe also grants major fracture. We should either get major fracture back on surprise attack or mark should get a nice buff by way besides major fracture I do and always have loved animation of mark does feel like an assassin skill just a very underwhelming one.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SA gets minor fracture.

Mass hysteria add snare.

As someone who been playing with mark on and of even before elsweyr for major berserk I get your point it’s very nice when it works which it hardly does when you get a horrible team I like playing solo. Right now only thing I’m using mark for is major fracture which is kinda underwhelming when warden nice fat hard hitting aoe also grants major fracture. We should either get major fracture back on surprise attack or mark should get a nice buff by way besides major fracture I do and always have loved animation of mark does feel like an assassin skill just a very underwhelming one.

Hmmm, if SA did get major fracture again, which im certainly not opposed to, what would we ideal for mark? Taking into account what buffs and debuffs other classes have, while having the class “power fantasy” of NB.

For starters non morph mark now place a DoT on the target. DoT is based off your highest offensive stat. One mark at a time.

Reapers mark, Every time you damage the marked target, a stack of revenge is placed. Each stack of revenge increases DoT damage by 10% and adds 5% snare, max of 5 stacks (so 50% DoT damage increase and 25% snare). Morph lasts 25 seconds.

Casting Reapers mark puts minor vulnerability on the target. Ambush now grants you 10 seconds of minor berserk instead of giving minor vulnerability.

The other morph, now named protective mark (yeah terrible name i know) gives minor protection and is cast on yourself and your target Every time you are hit instead of a DoT you get an increasing HoT and instead of a snare you get armor.

Killing a target with reapers returns % of highest offensive stat resource.

When protective mark runs out get a burst heal totaling the amount of HoTs you got. The target you casted this on gets the same benefit as the caster.

I think this plays well with NB power fantasy. Would be really cool synergy with relentless focus and is very unique. It also works with both magicka and stamina players and has use in both PvP and PvE. Skill doesnt have to be free to cast anymore, to balance it out.
    Edited by deepseamk20b14_ESO on February 29, 2020 4:03AM
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SA gets minor fracture.

Mass hysteria add snare.

Hmmm, if SA did get major fracture again, which im certainly not opposed to, what would we ideal for mark? Taking into account what buffs and debuffs other classes have, while having the class “power fantasy” of NB.

For starters non morph mark now place a DoT on the target. DoT is based off your highest offensive stat. One mark at a time.

Reapers mark, Every time you damage the marked target, a stack of revenge is placed. Each stack of revenge increases DoT damage by 10% and adds 5% snare, max of 5 stacks (so 50% DoT damage increase and 25% snare). Morph lasts 25 seconds.

Casting Reapers mark puts minor vulnerability on the target. Ambush now grants you 10 seconds of minor berserk instead of giving minor vulnerability.

The other morph, now named protective mark (yeah terrible name i know) gives minor protection and is cast on yourself and your target Every time you are hit instead of a DoT you get an increasing HoT and instead of a snare you get armor.

Killing a target with reapers returns % of highest offensive stat resource.

When protective mark runs out get a burst heal totaling the amount of HoTs you got. The target you casted this on gets the same benefit as the caster.

I think this plays well with NB power fantasy. Would be really cool synergy with relentless focus and is very unique. It also works with both magicka and stamina players and has use in both PvP and PvE. Skill doesnt have to be free to cast anymore, to balance it out.
    I like your idea with mark I have always thought if they ever buffed mark it should also get minor vulnerability or as rogues have always be known for put a nasty poison dot on your target to.