The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Idea to Make Mother Ciannait Better

BlissfulDeluge
BlissfulDeluge
✭✭✭✭✭
So I didn't give any feedback on this set. since I figured everyone else's complaints would be heard, but apparently not. To sum it up, this set is so niche and useless that I doubt anyone is going to use it, except maybe jabbing Templars in PvP and PvE. Heck, in PvE I'd argue Templars are still gonna stick to Iceheart because of the crit piece bonus.

So why not make it a stamina version of Iceheart? Earlier I've suggested making Iceheart a hybrid set giving both Weapon and Spell crit bonuses, as well as dealing both stam-based damage or mag-based damage (or not dealing any damage at all), but seeing as the dev team is running out of ideas for sets, just... make it a stamina version of Iceheart. Here's what I was thinking:
  • (1 item) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
  • (2 items) When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 5000 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 1270 Physical Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

What do you guys think? Imo it would make stamina more viable for progging trials like vAS+2 and vCR+3, and make stam more survivable in trifecta progs like IR, GH, TTT and GS.
Edited by BlissfulDeluge on February 26, 2020 12:53AM
Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2500 damage? What would that absorb, a sneeze?
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    2500 damage? What would that absorb, a sneeze?

I was in Cyrodiil when I wrote this out, lol. It's supposed to be 5000. I updated it =)
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the set was kind of pointless, they could of just made a unique and interesting stamina alternative to Iceheart instead of a set this similar.

That being said, your set idea won't happen, they have yet to redo any monster set in the game as an alternative to the base version they've made. This has happened for 5 piece sets, but Monster Sets are little more unique so I never see it happening, at least anytime soon.

The power and theme of the sets are directly related to the dungeon you obtain them from, they would have to make an excuse to build an entire dungeon with a boss that used a physical themed shield with physical themed aoe damage. At that point, why would they just copy Iceheart's functionality instead of making something unique.

A bit of a stretch.

Furthermore, if they did want to do this, they could simply double up the set bonuses of Iceheart like the way Domihaus works, but they didn't do that from it's inception and the set comes from an Ice themed dungeon. There is no reason to change it.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 26, 2020 2:35AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit