The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why we cant buy houses with game gold? (solved)

ahrimar
ahrimar
✭✭✭
This game becames P2P and this makes me worry for the future of the game. İ wanne buy houses, because this is a way of free TP (easy gaming), also people will buy houses and i can sell more furniture. GM's pls think this again.
Edited by ahrimar on February 24, 2020 10:46AM
  • Bombo
    Bombo
    ✭✭✭
    I bught my house with in-game gold.
  • Bombo
    Bombo
    ✭✭✭
    *bought
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    ahrimar wrote: »
    This game becames P2P and this makes me worry for the future of the game. İ wanne buy houses, because this is a way of free TP (easy gaming), also people will buy houses and i can sell more furniture. GM's pls think this again.

You don't have to buy it so not sure it's P2P. Plus there's some big houses you can get for free.
  • yeey
    yeey
    ✭✭
    You can buy houses with in-game gold.
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I have better places to spend my gold? Like acquiring actual gear etc?
  • ahrimar
    ahrimar
    ✭✭✭
    yeey wrote: »

nope , only crown
  • Bombo
    Bombo
    ✭✭✭

nope , only crown

Not true. There are some crown store exclusive houses, but there are also tons of houses you can buy with gold.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope , only crown

/facepalm
    Edited by andreasv on February 24, 2020 7:25AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope , only crown
    All of the original houses can be bought for gold.
    Some of the newer huge houses can only be bought with crowns.
    However you got the huge house in Elsweyr just by doing quests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact I think the in-game houses you can buy for gold are generally the best deal as you actually have a decent chance to get them looking complete with the insufficient item limits. The huge Crown only houses can never be fully furnished in the 700 items you are restricted too so you are more or less stuck to blocking parts off or using minimal furnishings in each room.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

nope , only crown

LOL check again, you’ll see there are actually heaps of houses available for in game gold, after you do that, come back, apologise for not checking for sure before you made this post. Then we all go on with our lives.
    Edited by MattT1988 on February 24, 2020 7:40AM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought both the coldharbor estate and lake amaya house for gold, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.
  • The_Conjurer
    The_Conjurer
    ✭✭✭
    pay to play? i own all simple homes i got them all with in game currency. the crown store exclusive homes would cost so much in game coin that it wouldnt matter. if you want to discuss pay to play, then i would love to be able to buy transmutation crystals but i cant.
    "Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought two of my houses with gold, cause needed a storage house near a bank and a free port spot in another area.. Soo can buy all the original houses with gold.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy a lot of houses with gold. Even some of the houses listed on the store you can buy with gold(not the super expensive limited time ones, obviously).
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

Almost all houses outside of manors are available for gold.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

nope , only crown

You... are wrong.
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭

nope , only crown

To buy the house with gold you must first travel to it.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing
    Tank Girl
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some houses can be bought only for Crowns (DLC ones). But most houses can be bought for gold (If you chose unfurnished version). Sometimes the UI simply does not refresh and shows only one option when you are previewing the house and hit F5 to open "buy" options.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus - a few of the houses you can buy with in-game gold come furnished with rare items that you can sell for much more than the actual price of the house.

S.
  • ahrimar
    ahrimar
    ✭✭✭
    Some houses can be bought only for Crowns (DLC ones). But most houses can be bought for gold (If you chose unfurnished version). Sometimes the UI simply does not refresh and shows only one option when you are previewing the house and hit F5 to open "buy" options.

i think there is a problem in my game. U all says u can buy with gold. there is no gold option in crown store. i will again check this. may be gold option is in the home at the f5 menu. cant log in now.
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭

i think there is a problem in my game. U all says u can buy with gold. there is no gold option in crown store. i will again check this. may be gold option is in the home at the f5 menu. cant log in now.

You cannot buy with gold from the crown store, you must travel to the house first.
    Tank Girl
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tons of houses you can buy with ingame gold, just need some achievements to unlock them.
    PC
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my homes have been bought with gold or were a free in game reward.
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the crown store it only gives you the crown price. You need to port to the house itself to see the gold price. I can see where this could be confusing for a new player. There are plenty of homes available that you can buy for gold. You can also get free inn rooms. Just port to your starter location for your faction, and you will come across a little house quest. You can also do this for the different chapters.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the crown store exclusive homes would cost so much in game coin that it wouldnt matter.

Snow Globe probably wouldn't.

It's only medium sized, with a Large sized furnishing limit.

Even if you take into consideration that furnishing limit and the novelty of the Snow Globe, I doubt it would cost more than, say, Hunding's.

Which is a far bigger house, but with the same furnishing limit.

...and in terms of Crowns, the Snow Globe costs the same as Velothi Reverie.

Which is a Medium home, with a Medium furnishing limit.

So, I imagine it could be anywhere from 323K to 1.3million, depending on what they based its gold price on.

Physical size and Crown price; or furnishing slots and novelty value.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 24, 2020 8:21AM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

nope , only crown

Some houses are crown only, however the majority can be bought with gold (although it's expensive). And several houses are gotten for free, i.g. the inn rooms.

You need to travel to the house in question and press F5 to see whether it can be bought with gold.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • dazee
      dazee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I dont think he means pay to play I think he means pay to win. Pay to Play MMOs are almost always of higher quality, and I also spend less on them than others.
      Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.