The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dunmer DK - stamina or magicka?

Vyvrhel
Vyvrhel
✭✭✭
DK players, what works better on Dunmer DK, stamina or magicka? Asking both for PvP and PVE.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer is equally good with both.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a pvp perspective, but I think it's viable for both.

As a stamdk it's quite nice to be able to use obsidian shield more often for major mending and minor berserk (and the extra weapon damage is nice since it's so easy to stack weapon damage on a stamdk)

As a magdk it's nice with that extra stamina because it's a slow moving close combat fighter in light armour. That extra stam can really help in tricky situations when you need to block a bit more or dodge roll one more time.

It's one of my favorite races just because of the extra Stam and mag as well as weapon/spell damage. I've also always been biased towards dunmers since I like their lore and have always been a dunmer in earlier elder scrolls games
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on February 23, 2020 6:52PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pve. For magicka, Dark Elf is only slightly behind High Elf. For stamina, Dark Elf is missing a full 1000hp vs Orc along with the 150 stamina, missing this 1000hp means you're HP with Dubious/Artaeum food will put you too low, sacrificing an enchant from Stamina to HP. The choice for stamina is a little clearer.

For pvp, anything goes. Having extra magicka is really nice for stamina builds, I would drop Sugarskulls if they weren't so cheap and go with Artaeum Takeaway broth as a Dark Elf for stam. For magicka, having that extra stamina is awesome, allowing you to have more reliable stamina pool if you're forced to break free and roll dodge.

Fire resistance/status effect immunity helps if you're playing as a vampire for both specs.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK for dunmer.

Because since 2014.
    Edited by Haquor on February 24, 2020 10:59AM
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    For mag there’s no real loss between it and high and and for stam you only miss out on 1k max health so they’re a little better as mag toons but still do good as stam just a little squishier
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still prefer dunmer for magDK over Breton. The extra stamina goes a long way.

For stamDK, go Nord - no question about it.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer is good for both.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭