The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Murkmire event "Guide" - suggestions for other players after first day

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
You'll want to start by having a look at the official announcement here: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57695 and Official Discussion thread here too, perhaps.

CORE EVENT DETAILS:
  • Starts Thursday, February 20, until Tuesday (10am EST), March 3 (or earlier if there is server maintenance).
  • ESO+ or ownership of the Murkmire DLC is required if you wish to participate and earn tickets. The DLC is currently on sale at a 30% discount (1400 crowns) in the Crown store.
  • You can earn three event tickets per day, by killing and looting any boss or mob in Murkmire, with up to 39 total earnable during the event. You may have to kill SEVERAL mobs (especially elites or quest bosses) before you get your tickets; it is definitely NOT guaranteed on first kill. Make sure to check your current inventory of event tickets first before you head into the swamps for the day though, and visit the Impressario to spend tickets if you have 10 or more.
  • You can earn special Murkmire strongboxes from almost any activity or loot in the zone. The first of each day is "easy" to get (usually at the same time as you get your event tickets). Further strongbox drops are possible but rare (maybe one per hour), and I think it doesn't make any difference if you switch to a different character or not. The strongboxes may include motif pages (I have not seen any yet) as well as the voriplasm & gravestake collectible fragments (and other junk). This is a good reason to kill stuff and loot nodes in the zone during the event. The strongbox collectible fragments go directly into your Collections, and are not tradeable. It is unclear if the completed collectible will be a tradeable runebox or bound to your character.
  • There are double drops for almost everything in the Murkmire zone during the event (daily repeatable quests and nodes etc.), EXCEPT scuttleblooms and other random-reward harvestables (e.g. mudcrabs, butterflies, blackflies). BlackRose Prison will give bonus drops from bosses (double weapon drops have been confirmed!), but it's unclear if this includes the honorguard motif pages. Ask in zone for a BRP group, there will be others interested in doing it with you.
  • A bunch of PC players will be offline for a while when Update 25 is released on Monday, February 24, due to the required complete reinstall of the game. (Check your download limits with your internet provider, if necessary). Note that PC players may also have broken addons for a few days - use Minion to update your addons daily.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
  • Daily repeatable quests are worth doing, for double reward containers, which may include Elder Argonian or Dead-Water motif pages, and the style materials. The delve and boss dailies are available right away when you enter the zone in Lilmoth - pickup the "Death Hunt Awaits" notice just south of the guild traders and turn it in at Bolu. The 3rd daily only unlocks after you complete the zone main questline, which takes about 4-6 hours, depending on how much you are sidetracked by other quests. (Carry lockpicks!)
  • Daily repeatable quests can be shared within your group, and there are six of each each day. It's a good idea to call out in zone to share your dailies, complete and turn them in right away, and then join other groups to do more dailies (time permitting).
  • If you have to make a choice, the World Boss daily quests should be prioritized, as you can easily solo the delve dailies later on (after the event). The World boss daily reward urns give you the Elder Argonian motif pages (sometimes), which are slightly more valuable than the Deadwater motif pages, at least on PC/NA.
  • Other quests DO NOT give bonus rewards, although any mob (and quest boss) has a chance to drop a Murkmire strongbox. So for maximum loot, I'd suggest cycling several characters through all the dailies first, before you do more zone quests on any one character.
  • The world bosses are being killed REALLY fast by the large groups of players. This means that it's easy to complete the daily repeatable quests (after you wait a while for the boss to spawn), but it's actually unlikely that you will get ANY loot from them - only the 12 highest damage dealers get loot (including event tickets etc.). So there is no real point in camping the boss locations - do dailies or kill other stuff instead.
  • Getting event tickets: check your inventory first. Then do your daily repeatable quests and kill/loot everything. If you still have not received tickets, either try get more dailies (if available in zone), or quest a bit and kill stuff. Try find elite mobs to kill instead of the world bosses, i.e. Haj-Mota's, Miregaunts, River Trolls, Argonian Behemoths, and Wamasu, as they might have a higher drop rate for event tickets (update: no actual evidence for this, they seem to have the same low drop rate for strongboxes). Note that 80% of the normal zone mobs were gone (dead) when I went exploring earlier today, so it may take a while to find something to kill. One guildmate reported having to kill 50 trash mobs before getting his tickets.
  • Harvesting materials nodes is actually worthwhile (for twice the usual amount), but usually only lower-value nodes will remain, as there are a lot of other players also farming the zone. What makes it ok is that most of the trash mobs have usually been killed, so it's a lot easier to farm materials than usual in this zone. Remember to loot wood and enchant nodes for the furnishing materials, which are fairly valuable on PC/NA. I recommend using fast-sneak armor sets (Night's Silence or The Shadow Dancer), and harvest scuttleblooms while sneaking for a 3 minute +20% speed buff.
  • Strongbox farming is not currently worthwhile, due to the low drop rate. Do dailies and kill stuff until you get your first ticket/strongbox of the day, then use your time for something else. The event will give you up to 39 event tickets (if you get your 3 tickets each day), and the only new items on the Impressario are one new Spectral Berry (10 tickets), and all the Gravestake and voriplasm pet fragments (at 5 tickets each). So, if you get ONE strongbox a day (which takes 15-20 minutes), and can only play for 10 of the 13(ish) event days (due to being offline/reinstalling the game or other life events), you will likely get a few fragments, and be able to buy another four or five fragments with event tickets (plus a berry). So you CAN get the voriplasm pet with a small amount of time invested each day, but probably not both collectibles. [You can get a (different) Gravestake memento from the Murkmire prologue questline, so the memento from the current event is likely to be less popular than the pet.] If grinding for strongboxes anyway, then I suggest focusing on DELVE bosses - you can get loot from them every five minutes, and there are fewer players there so you won't be shut out of getting loot. The only reason to try grind more zone mobs (and harvest nodes etc.) for more strongboxes is if you think you will miss several days of the event, or want to get your pet early, or are hoping that the fragments will combine into a TRADEABLE runebox, to sell at a profit later on. Note that strongboxes do not give a guaranteed collectible fragment. I got 2 boxes on PC/EU on day 1, but only one fragment. I'm guessing that any fragments received will be unique though.
  • Many players are reporting a lot of lag, and some have reported crashing. Be patient and wait an extra few seconds after porting in to any of the wayshrines in Murkmire. The zone is definitely a lot more busy than usual. Lag will likely only be a problem (potentially) in the BlackRose Prison arena.

Other interesting threads for this event:
Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on February 22, 2020 5:11PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BRP is giving double weapon drops? Good to know!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clarification - memento on impresario is NOT the same as memento from a prologue quest chain.

furthermore how likely that you will get enough fragments from strongboxes is also currently unknown. we currently do not know if duplicates are possible either, so its currently hard to gauge which fragments to spend your tickets on.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Calicancer77
    Calicancer77
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know if you can get event tickets kn both servers? I play on PS4 EU and NA servers, I got my tickets on the EU server, but after 2.5 hrs if game play, I have yet to get tickets on the NA server.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if you can get event tickets kn both servers? I play on PS4 EU and NA servers, I got my tickets on the EU server, but after 2.5 hrs if game play, I have yet to get tickets on the NA server.

I got them on both NA and EU on PC.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG simply not worth the return on a half a dozen different levels.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed at the low strongbox drop rate - was questing for four hours on PC/EU on day 2, got my first strongbox on about the 10th mob (AFTER doing the delve daily), but nothing after that. Clearly, although almost ANYTHING in zone is supposed to be able to drop a strongbox, the chance is either ridiculously low or ZoS didn't code things correctly. I have come to expect that a bit of grinding during events is normal, but this is crazy.

I'm also annoyed that of the three strongboxes so far (two yesterday in 3 hours), only ONE had a collectible fragment.
    This means that the bulk of collectible parts are going to have to be bought with event tickets, and I'm only going to be able to get ONE of the two collectibles.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most important advice: don't bother with boxes more than the first daily.
    EU PC
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This strat does not work, if you dont get Strongbox Drops
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post OP !!

I found by doing the boss daily, then killing something right after I got my box.... Make a small group of three friends for the boss daily is recommended. :)

*sigh* now after the buff to certain weapons I see them getting nerfed soon but hopefully not
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 21, 2020 10:41PM
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    I got a strongbox with 3 of the fragments in it.... but most have only had loot to sell