The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to buff most of magic builds for balance

Stibbons
Stibbons
✭✭✭✭✭
I would personally like to play other than mainly stamina characters in any pvp content. At this moment it is pretty much imposible. Example: Magic necromancer. Really pretty imposible to make any viable spec that harmony spec to some damage. Still the are and window to do some damage is small and you have to literally stand in middle of small area to do so.

I am really wondering how can the game be this unbalanced Still?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Without harmony
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka still best for any PvP but solo.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Think so? I agree that a group of 4 stam is weaker than a group of 4 mag, but how much of that is how people spec or mag vs stam.

If all 4 stam ran echoing vigor they’d probably beat the 4 mag since it stacks.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why most of players in cyro are stamina users right? Something is wrong with your theory
    Everybody knows stamina pvp sets are superior to magicka sets. Stamina can pick medium or heavy armor, magicka only light
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Think so? I agree that a group of 4 stam is weaker than a group of 4 mag, but how much of that is how people spec or mag vs stam.

You think so ?
    I think you’d need to go much higher in quantity for mag to be better (large scale group)

Any combination of stamcro stamden and stamplar is going to destroy mag groups of four imo
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on February 20, 2020 8:15AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish more classes had a class purge because it can bedifficult to breakfree on Mag in PVP.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You think so ?
    I think you’d need to go much higher in quantity for mag to be better (large scale group)

Any combination of stamcro stamden and stamplar is going to destroy mag groups of four imo

Depends. Most people when they say mag just think of magsorc since they’re the most common. With a good group of 4 mag against 4 stam in BGs we’ll usually win (I play almost exclusively mag) even against good opponents.

I think it’s mainly in CP pvp where stam would win that fight since it’s harder to burst people down.

In BGs most stam don’t slot a gap closer so they’re easy to kite back and string out. Most people who show up in dueling specs get wrecked in BGs, but it’s all about your team and how they play. Stam tend to tunnel more and are easier to take advantage of.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 1:17PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can say same for if 4 mags run radiating regen on top of every other heal mag has access to as all are group focused and all stack and radiating is 72% stronger than echoing.
    Edited by SodanTok on February 20, 2020 2:35PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

You can say same for if 4 mags run radiating regen on top of every other heal mag has access to as all are group focused and all stack and radiating is 72% stronger than echoing.

So much this. Stam utility has been gutted to almost non-existentence. I've seen magicka trios tank and spank entire groups the size of which I haven't seen stam capable of in a very long time- in open field mind you. I think most of the comments about magicka being weak are from people trying to play it outside of its strengths or if they happen to stray to far from crown and gets whooped by a stam player in a game of cat and mouse.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've see every day stamina duos tank and spank entire groups.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of negate spam, its supposed to be an ultimate and is lopsided toward magicka

Get magicka root/snare immunity up to at least 4 seconds, but better 5 to match stam counterparts

Make a melee magicka weapon that scales as high as 2her does for stam and allow its heavy attack to be as quick and effective.

Then do individual class tweaks after that starting with magblade.
    Edited by technohic on February 20, 2020 5:21PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I wish more classes had a class purge because it can bedifficult to breakfree on Mag in PVP.

How does that help you break free?

• butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Stam dks with the change to cauterize and tank and spank all day
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Break free is unreliable in cyrodiil. It’s far more effective to cleanse negative effects.

Break free = 4k stam to do nothing
    Cleanse = 6k mag to remove 18 negative effects from the group plus heal
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 5:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Break free is unreliable in cyrodiil. It’s far more effective to cleanse negative effects.

That's not a self thing though nor is it restricted to class. And efficient purge is more like 4500. It really should be closer to the ER around 4200 though and require a synergy for that reason. Cleanse could stay the same cost and require a synergy
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

That's why most of players in cyro are stamina users right? Something is wrong with your theory
    Everybody knows stamina pvp sets are superior to magicka sets. Stamina can pick medium or heavy armor, magicka only light

He did say that it was any PvP but solo. I'd personally expand that to "... and duo", but him including the solo part is good enough for me. In that case, he's pretty correct. Regen and harmony still exist.

That being said, for solo, its stamina lmao
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's not a self thing though nor is it restricted to class. And efficient purge is more like 4500. It really should be closer to the ER around 4200 though and require a synergy for that reason. Cleanse could stay the same cost and require a synergy

Without cleanse, or if it required a synergy, cyrodiil would be completely broken. Cleanse is all that’s holding it somewhat together so it’s somewhat playable.

First basics of the game need to work properly before removing what makes things sorta work.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 6:49PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without cleanse, or if it required a synergy, cyrodiil would be completely broken. Cleanse is all that’s holding it somewhat together so it’s somewhat playable.

First basics of the game need to work properly before removing what makes things sorta work.

Plenty of people do fine without it. Only people benefitting from it are groups with a couple people or more spamming it because that's the payoff you mention. Effectively 18 negative effects removed at the touch of a button at a very efficient cost.
    Edited by technohic on February 20, 2020 7:22PM
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s also up to class group of for Stam warden is stronger than nearly any magica set ups
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Plenty of people do fine without it. Only people benefitting from it are groups with a couple people or more spamming it because that's the payoff you mention. Effectively 18 negative effects removed at the touch of a button at a very efficient cost.

Depends yea. I could see how a small scale or solo player would think that. Issue is moreso when factions stack in cyrodiil, that’s when the game breaks down.

You could always play small scale or solo and just hop on the winning faction in the unlocked campaign, but if you’re playing the actual campaign being able to fight back is sorta important.

People like to blame ball groups, etc... for cyrodiil as is, but I think break free and cc immunity being broken is what’s really contributing to the tank meta and faction stacking. Even in BGs you can break free 3x and nothing happens, try fighting against 60 players.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 9:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Solo" is where all the grief and angst is, though. Nobody cares about zerg v. zerg deaths.

It is FAR more important to balance for 1v1 performance, in my opinion, and that includes balancing Stamina and Magicka.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Solo" is where all the grief and angst is, though. Nobody cares about zerg v. zerg deaths.

It is FAR more important to balance for 1v1 performance, in my opinion, and that includes balancing Stamina and Magicka.

While this sounds nice in theory, this just leads to a lot of complaining when people think their class has a bad match up vs another. That leads to removing the distictive and meaningful abilities we do have so every class has a "fair" matchup vs everyone, just to cater to all these complaints. Look at the DKs nodding their heads. This is especially infuriating becuase 90% of these complaints come from people who do not solo. In the end we get a homogenized watered down game.

The way I see it is that if people want to be solo heroes in a game that features an alliance war, the burden is upon them to git gud such they they don't feel "oppressed" by other classes. If they can't hack that, then they should play as cyrodiil was intended and find a friend, small group, or zerg to complement their strengths and weaknesses.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 20, 2020 11:42PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ESO PVP is large scale Cyrodiil and small scale battlegrounds but in every way... group focused. Even the less propagated activity like 1vX is more often small group v X these days.
    1v1 literally doesnt matter and never mattered and never will matter in this game. Its time to accept it ;)
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Area spell tick are uselee nowdays on pvp. Example: mag necros Avid Boneyard tics about 350-600 on crits! Spell damage: 2100, magic pool 43K. Seems like allmost all area spells are just waste on magic because the damage is so abysmal.

Riochet skull travel time is 1-3 seconds on enemy :D Skeletan Archanist shoots small sparks every 2 seconds and many times it just is blind because it cannot postion itself. Most of the times it hides behind some rock or a tree :)

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Area spell tick are uselee nowdays on pvp. Example: mag necros Avid Boneyard tics about 350-600 on crits! Spell damage: 2100, magic pool 43K. Seems like allmost all area spells are just waste on magic because the damage is so abysmal.

Riochet skull travel time is 1-3 seconds on enemy :D Skeletan Archanist shoots small sparks every 2 seconds and many times it just is blind because it cannot postion itself. Most of the times it hides behind some rock or a tree :)

Get some penetration. I think the issue is moreso max mag builds are terrible in CP cyrodiil. I had a similar experience as a MagWarden.

High armour does a pretty good job of negating high mag builds, and they just wait for onslaught to hit you back so can tank their pen.

Major Evasion is also popular and easy to get, it’s moreso aoes that hit for not a lot.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 21, 2020 2:07PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »

Get some penetration. I think the issue is moreso max mag builds are terrible in CP cyrodiil. I had a similar experience as a MagWarden.

High armour does a pretty good job of negating high mag builds, and they just wait for onslaught to hit you back so can tank their pen.

Major Evasion is also popular and easy to get, it’s moreso aoes that hit for not a lot.

Lol i have New Moon Acolyte and Bright Throat. 45 points in spell penetration :)