The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add a taunt to one of the destruction staff skill morphs (when using a frost staff)?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
Would that work? Seems like it would be more effective than a long animation heavy attack and address concerns with the taunt on the heavy attack. Maybe add it to clench with a frost staff (with the shorter range)... Was just a thought
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This might be the best idea I've heard for trying to fix frost staves
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All tanks already have an instant cast ranged taunt available with the undaunted skill line. If it is good enough for S&B tanking then it is good enough for any other tank build. Much simpler solution since it is already available.

In other words, if a player is doing full staf tanking and not using that skill they are doing it wrong.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tank stuff should be on elemental susceptibility and maybe frost clench. As it is right now, tri focus is a massive issue and frost ancient knowledge doesn't buff damage when it really should.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inner fire and frost staff heavy attack, they can just do the simple thing, taunt

No armor debuff
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elemental Susceptibility in it's current form doesn't make much sense since it costs nothing to cast.

It would fit the bill by taunting and providing a debuff.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Susceptibility in it's current form doesn't make much sense since it costs nothing to cast.

It would fit the bill by taunting and providing a debuff.

I literally posted this exact idea in a separate thread
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tank stuff should be on elemental susceptibility and maybe frost clench. As it is right now, tri focus is a massive issue and frost ancient knowledge doesn't buff damage when it really should.

Just throwing in my support for Elemental Susceptibility as the destro staff taunt.
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer if they remove tanking from ice destruction staff completely and add alteration line to the game.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Except tanks will use ele drain from time to time in specific instances. (Off tank vas hard mode, downstairs vcr, etc) There wouldn't really be a point to have that morph for a taunt when inner fire exists.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding a 15 taunt fracture and breach to ES would be a great start. Add a cost. I don't know why people want to duel staff tank but that is the least invasive way to achieve that.

Inner rage brings a synergy, es would provide the over time taunt.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major breach is super prevalent with a few classes or a healer usually providing it. Even in the off chance you are 3DPS + tank without a magden or magro you'd want to slot Inner Fire and Ele Drain for the mag steal anyway.

Major fracture is quite prevalent too with 2 stams, 1 mag, and either morph of puncture. Plus with stams around the Inner Fire synergy spam is great for Lokk.

Since they reduced Inner Fire's cost, I can't see slotting any of the options mentioned unless it did something better than 1 unique synergy every cast.