The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Light armor needs a damage buff.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Generally speaking (there are some exceptions) stamina builds do more damage than their magicka counterparts at a lesser resource cost.

Stamina builds generally have lesser mitigation to bypass and can achieve much higher weapon damage than magicka builds can reach with spell damage.

Now, I know the damage calculations between physical and magickal damage are slightly different, but it's been long since the game reached a point where the difference in damage output became too great.

Therefore I want to suggest that the concentration passive for light armor is adjusted to offset this difference. Rather than giving spell penetration that equates to roughly 7% damage, change it to copy the 15% damage bonus medium armor grants.

In other words, make the concentration passive give a 15% damage increase to magical attacks instead of its current spell penetration.

I think this would go a long way in order to solve the imbalance between stamina and magicka that we are experiencing now.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

If there was a change needed, then it would be double penetration to 14%
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Difference between melee stamina and ranged stamina is 100% purely just the weapon on front bar and the skills of that weapon. Other than that every thing they have - gear, other skills, medium armor passives, ... is same.
    Stamina melee builds do generally more dps than ranged magicka builds, stamina ranged builds do generally less dps than ranged magicka.
    Therefore your theory and proposition would at best change nothing but arguably it would actually nerf light armor substantially in PVP and marginally in PVE as penetration is far superior damage component and also quite and expensive to get. In PVE meta medium armor builds from the passive in question get just about 3-4 set bonus values while LA pen passive is about 3.3 bonuses. One set bonus of penetration is superior to one set bonus of weapon/spell damage (as long as there is mitigation to penetrate). Cherry on top, many melee (DW) stamina builds in PVE can afford to get necessary amount of penetration just by putting sharpened on one where LA armor users would have to sacrifice full trait to get it with your change and many melee stamina builds in PVP can use maul to get high amounts of penetration and/or use ultimate that gives it all for few secs where LA armor users got nada.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100 percent agree, the favoritism toward stamina is palpable, more damage, less cost, better sets, the list goes on. And penetration is worthless against stam builds using major protection with 100 percent up time.
  • Rockett
    Rockett
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina DPS do more damage because of having to be in melee range to do more damage than magicka builds. Magicka builds are easier to play IMO because of damage shields and range they get.

Shields you trade your damage for tanking, bows trade damage for ranged.
    Edited by Rockett on February 19, 2020 4:44PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Light armour is weaker than medium, the penetration light gets isn’t as good as the weapon damage buff medium gets.

Main reason mag is falling behind stam in pve and pvp:

1. Resolving vigor is a reliable self heal, rapid regen is not and is locked to a weapon
    2. Stam can go Nord plus heavy armour and not have to wear a defensive set. That doesn’t work on mag because there aren’t as good heavy armour mag sets, and protective was nerfed and the base resistance on light armour is low
    3. Mag is supposed to rely on status effects to make up the difference in base damage, but weapon damage and stam sets are outpacing the effect of status effects
    4. Onslaught allows stamina to tank their penetration and focus on weapon damage giving higher healing and damage. Stamina self healing is far better than mag.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 19, 2020 6:21PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockett wrote: »
    Stamina DPS do more damage because of having to be in melee range to do more damage than magicka builds. Magicka builds are easier to play IMO because of damage shields and range they get.

Sure, lets just ignore the Dragonknight exists as a class.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with the broad point but the op makes a point about the disparity between Stam and mag...

I do think a magicka melee class such as magdk should do equal damage to stamina in melee(they can't due to the cost of their skills).
    Sustain is the greater problem.

I do agree when a person says at range you should do less than a melee class, but magdk is possibly the exception to that being that all their skills are performed within 7 meters.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rockett wrote: »

Sure, lets just ignore the Dragonknight exists as a class.

@Joy_Division
    To be fair, the devs did for a few years. Haha

But yes, mDKs are killing it right now.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you just really equate 15% weapon damage to a 15% damage increase?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Did you just really equate 15% weapon damage to a 15% damage increase?

He did and then he undersold light armor penetration as 7% when its 8.88% in PVE and 7.4% in PVP only when target has 5k unpenetrated resistance and raising when more than that. Meanwhile even the most spell damage heavy builds in PvE can look at best at 7.5% dmg gained from 15% passive and most PVP builds would see much less of that.
    Edited by SodanTok on February 19, 2020 11:27PM