The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[ANSWERED] Shields of Senchal/New Moon Priest Motifs

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
There was nothing in the PTS notes about these two motifs being introduced into the game, but they are available on the PTS (from their appropriate sources too) and so I'm mostly just wondering if they're set to appear when Update 25 goes live, or if they're just being tested and won't appear till even later down the line.

basically... did the devs just forget to mention this in the notes, or is this just a test for some future date? If anyone knows, please let me know. *avid motif collector*

UPDATE: 22 April. thanks crown store showcase, although it would have been nice to hint at it earlier.
Edited by Zulera301 on April 1, 2020 10:35AM
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming they just failed to mention it in the notes. There was another thread where this was discussed - I think it was the unofficial thread about crafting. I pinged Gina to ask that it be included in the live patch notes, so we'll see.

I can't imagine them making us wait longer to finally get these motifs. Basically, the Senchal dailies weren't worth doing since all they dropped was gear, which you can get plenty of by doing the Dragonguard dailies. I stopped doing them after a few days when I realized no motifs were dropping. This content is already getting old, and if it doesn't start dropping with this update, then it'll be pretty pointless to have it drop with the next one - Greymoor - as we'll all be diving into that chapter and the new dailies.

EDIT: Pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - please include this in the live patch notes. Thanks!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 18, 2020 4:49PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This staggered release of motif drops from daily quests is very confusing and annoying from the customer perspective. I hope that they stop this practice.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    This staggered release of motif drops from daily quests is very confusing and annoying from the customer perspective. I hope that they stop this practice.

I believe they do this to increase replay ability of already released content for old players, who already finished all and collected all previous pages.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

I believe they do this to increase replay ability of already released content for old players, who already finished all and collected all previous pages.

Pretty much this. If the motifs dropped from the dailies on release, everyone would farm them while the content was new, and then once that market settled down and got old there’d be less reason to return to the zone except for an anniversary event.

They do the same thing with dungeons now: introduce the dungeons, let people farm the sets/trophies/busts/achievements, and then release the motifs months later for another surge of popularity.

Unfortunately there are lots of things they’re doing these days that are frustrating and confusing for the customer but somehow seem designed to encourage grind time and/or sales (see also Murkmire event tickets being locked behind RNG and Iceheart being nerfed to promote a DLC set).
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually enjoy these delayed releases, because they offer new reasons to return to the content, abd mitigate new zones surging and dying off quickly. But it's weird that there's just been NO worthwhile reward for Southern Elsweyr bosses and delves?

Dragons have other rewarding drops, so there's reason to do them other than motifs. But the other dailies, not so much. It's the opposite of what they did in Northern Elsweyr, which I think worked pretty well for a long time
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I'll definitely be doing the delve/WB dailies in S.E. once the motifs start dropping. And I've got the dragonguard chest unlocked because that's easy free loot every day anyways.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Non-PTS'er here, and curious about what these motifs look like? Always thirsty for new style!
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-PTS'er here, and curious about what these motifs look like? Always thirsty for new style!

Don't have the time to take/upload my own pics atm, but you can view both styles here:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/style/shields-of-senchal/

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/style/new-moon-priest/
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Motifs are not in live patch notes... @ZOS_GinaBruno will New Moon Priest and Shields of Senchal drop in game with this update?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    odd. the achievements are up, and I'm getting style materials from deconning these items but it's hard to verify if motifs are dropping or not since I only have 1 character that can get the dragonguard chest, and no one's really doing dailies in SE because of the event.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    odd. the achievements are up, and I'm getting style materials from deconning these items but it's hard to verify if motifs are dropping or not since I only have 1 character that can get the dragonguard chest, and no one's really doing dailies in SE because of the event.

That's happened before though, too, @Zulera301 ... ZOS has released style materials ahead of the motif release.

It's not in the patch notes, so I'd guess the motifs have not arrived yet.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    major bummer. Guess the WB/delve dailies are still not worth doing.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you verify this @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know as well. I've been doing the dalies to see if I'd get them to drop, so far nothing between two characters in two days, but then again I also don't have the chest unlocked. I don't know if that's a requirement or not.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know as well. I've been doing the dalies to see if I'd get them to drop, so far nothing between two characters in two days, but then again I also don't have the chest unlocked. I don't know if that's a requirement or not.

the Dragonguard Supply chest is supposed to drop the New Moon Priest motifs. the two dailies in Senchal are supposed to drop the Senchal ones, so I don't imagine you would need to unlock the chest just to get the Senchal motifs.

Im also starting to think they were omitted from the patch notes because they weren't added. major bummer.
    maybe after the Murkmire event they'll add them in to spur more interest back into S.E.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    Im also starting to think they were omitted from the patch notes because they weren't added. major bummer.
    maybe after the Murkmire event they'll add them in to spur more interest back into S.E.

I don't think they were omitted, @Zulera301, they're just not ready to be released yet.

Whether that's because the outfit assets aren't ready or ZOS is simply holding them back ... is pure guess.

You'll have to be patient.

As mentioned above, the likely reason for staggered release is to increase replayability of the content (unless we can get an official comment).

• thegravity
    thegravity
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update when the "New Moon Priest" motif will be available?
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegravity wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update when the "New Moon Priest" motif will be available?

Senchal will be avaible some time this months, Take a look at the march crown showcase. I would guess new moon priest will come next months.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    March 18 is the debut date for Shields of Senchal.
  • mtbikernate
    mtbikernate
    ✭✭
    stumbled across this thread because I just got a New Moon Priest gold level master writ and I was trying to figure out how to complete this thing. Well, guess it won't sell for much if nobody has the motifs yet.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any news on New Moon Priest? I couldn't find any answers searching.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on New Moon Priest? I couldn't find any answers searching.

No announcement yet from ZOS.
  • BadNewsNeko
    BadNewsNeko
    ✭✭
    Maybe in the Crownstore-Showcase of April '20

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 April confirmed.
    Better late than never at least. Thread answered.