The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Feedback to the new Guild Promote / Demote function

JN_Slevin
JN_Slevin
✭✭✭✭✭
I hope this is not too late,. I learned yesterday about the new Promote / Demote function for Guilds.
Since it wasnt mentioned it the patchnotes, i couldnt make this post earlier.

Most trading guilds have ranks based on the Sales / Donations etc. which they change weekly.

If i have a Member that has sold x amount in one week, Sunday evening / Monday i will promote them to the rank he "worked for" last week.
That could mean that i have to promote someone 7 times.

Right now i have to press 7 times on the "promote" button in the drop down menu. Which means i have to open the menu 7 times and promote this guy.
This is an exception, most people i only have to promote once or twice.

But you can imagine how much time it can consume for ~450 Members. Not to mention, if you do it to fast, the game will log you out, since every promote / demote is a ping on the server.

Now on the PTS they have a new System, which is in itself, the best thing ZOS has ever done, but it needs some refinement to reach the potential it has :

In the Dropdown Menu Screenshot_20200214_142224.png Is the promote and demote function removed. Instead you get a new Menu if you press on the "Set Rank" option.

Screenshot_20200214_141928.png

I really welcome this change, it has the potential to save so much time.

But has i tinkered around with it, and after some discussion with fellow Guildmasters, i have found some Issues with it.
  • While you can work with the numbers in front to assign the Guildrank fast, the numbers on the "Num-Block" do not work.
  • If you want to promote someone for one rank, you have to open the menu. You cant "quick promote" anymore.
  • You do not have a Keybind to open that menu, you have to rightclick on a name, open the menu, set a rank and then confirm. Which takes 2-3 Seconds, and while that does not seem long for most players, if you multiply that by 500 that means you need 25 Minutes to make ranks every week per Guild. Regardless how many times you have to promote / demote this guy. This really saves time if you promote / demote alot. But if you just promote someone up a rank (which is the majority) , it takes longer.

Therefore i have some suggestions, to make this awesome Idea, a bit better:
  1. Make it useable with the "Num-Block"
  2. Do not remove the old options, just add the new menu
  3. Give us a Keybind so we can quickly open the new menu

At this point it may be too late, but since we had no option to make this post earlier, i hope some reads this and thinks about my suggestions.

Again, this change is great and it can be the best change you guys made in years. Maybe some addonauthours will have great new ideas.

Edited by JN_Slevin on February 14, 2020 2:02PM
Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checking, but you had the Num Lock key pressed so the system would use the Numeric values?

Also, do the number keys above the letters work for what you need?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you found this out, Cani! I had no idea this was even a thing in PTS! :o

I can see why this change will have a lot potential and will be highly welcomed by many, but like Cani already mentioned, perhaps there is still some space for improvements.

Currently I'm using a ranking system, which normally do not require too much clicking:
    Approx 80 % of ranking I do across all my guilds requires only one click per member via "promote" or "demote" buttons, which has been great so far and this way my ranking process weekly basis has been quick thing to do.
    That's not going to be the case with this new menu, it's going to slow me down.

However I can understand why guilds using different ranking system will benefit from this new ranking menu in PTS, so if old one click promote/demote - system will be gone, I can only hope that addon creators could assist here and help us to keep faster "one click ranking - system."
    Edited by Fiktius on February 14, 2020 2:33PM
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Just checking, but you had the Num Lock key pressed so the system would use the Numeric values?

Also, do the number keys above the letters work for what you need?

Yes, i did! Checked 3 times^^

Yes, the numbers above the letters do work, its just the Number Block that doesn't work.
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »
    I'm glad you found this out, Cani! I had no idea this was even a thing in PTS! :o

I can see why this change will have a lot potential and will be highly welcomed by many, but like Cani already mentioned, perhaps there is still some space for improvements.

Currently I'm using a ranking system, which normally do not require too much clicking:
    Approx 80 % of ranking I do across all my guilds requires only one click per member via "promote" or "demote" buttons, which has been great so far and this way my ranking process weekly basis has been quick thing to do.

However I can understand why guilds using different ranking system will benefit from this new ranking menu in PTS, so if old one click promote/demote - system will be gone, I can only hope that addon creators could assist here and help us to keep faster "one click ranking - system."

Yes, an addon would solve all those problems. But i think changes from the source are better, since not everyone is keen in using addons^^
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cani wrote: »
    Fiktius wrote: »

Yes, an addon would solve all those problems. But i think changes from the source are better, since not everyone is keen in using addons^^

Agree! Addons won't be even an option especially for console guilds, so it would be fantastic if ZOS could give us more options in the base game dropdown menu.
    Edited by Fiktius on February 14, 2020 3:20PM
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so excited for this, and hope the devs listen to the suggestions above to make this change as effective as possible for GMs/Officers
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cani

Check out the Patch Notes

Some things have been added that may help you.

Guilds & Guild Functionality

Restored guild member promote and demote options in the Context menu.
    Added numpad binds to the Guild Set Rank text.
    Added a Set Rank keybind to the guild roster.

Edited by Nestor on March 4, 2020 2:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Cani

Check out the Patch Notes

Somethings have been added that may help you.

Guilds & Guild Functionality

Restored guild member promote and demote options in the Context menu.
    Added numpad binds to the Guild Set Rank text.
    Added a Set Rank keybind to the guild roster.

Yes i saw!

Im over the moon that they read my feedback :)

Thanks for telling me tho!