Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Perspective of returning player.

• CASP3R421
    CASP3R421
    ✭✭✭

My feeling is that since it's not a community game once you run through all the zones and quests unless you PVP then that's it. There's nothing else left except for achievements and fishing. I quit and then come back for the new zones and that's where I'm at now. If there were actual friends in game that you could chat with relatively easy it would be worth the wait to just stay and help them out on things until new releases come out.

havent tried a dungeon or trial then im guessing?

My Alt is a Mer

Due to the excessive amount of bait that we had to remove, this thread will remain closed
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a solo player meaning no one else runs with me but the people I've run into doing dolmens, world bosses, public dungeons, dragon fights etc. all seem to be pretty darn solid people. I've had no problems its been great.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip

Did you play on PC? Because I can absolutely confirm that on PS4, it is super easy to find a guild that will suit your needs socially and content wise. You are allowed to be in 5 guilds at the same time. Finding several guilds that each suit your needs is quite easy.

Did you attempt to find a discord community that suits your social requirements? If not, you should consider this for all MMOs that you play as this is the way the gaming community has shifted over the past couple years.

When running random dungeons, did you attempt to communicate with the players in your group? I have found guilds this way, as well as found people to invite to guilds this way as well.

Did you visit the guild recruitment section of these very forums? There is a subsection for each platform as well as region.

There are plenty of methods to find people to play with and to have conversations with. If you haven't put in the effort, perhaps you should look internally to see where the problem with finding a community is. This is coming from a person who has been playing MMOs for well over a decade, and never ever had a hard time making friends in whatever game I was playing at the time.

Additionally, coming here and calling the players "socially challenged" or "on the spectrum" paints you as someone many players wouldn't want to have in our community.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want social game play, join some guilds, make some friends, and play with them. Laying this kind of tripe in a forum accomplishes nothing.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    I do find the community rather odd. Over the past few years i have been in many guilds from trial, social, housing, trading ect. And it is the norm to go through a 3 hour session and only see 4 to 5 lines of chat from all 5 current guilds combined.

Other mmos i have been its almost non stop chatter, people helping and all that but in this one, you ask a simple question, polite and all and it is actually normal to not get a response back from anyone in all guilds.

When you do get a lot of chatter its two people fighting in guild chat that refuse to use the /whisper command

You're never going to have the same sense of community spirit when people belong to five guilds, and/or they only belong to guilds because that's the only way they can trade. Was that also the case with your other MMOs? I suspect they were games in which you belonged to a single guild and that fostered a sense of loyalty and commitment.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    I do find the community rather odd. Over the past few years i have been in many guilds from trial, social, housing, trading ect. And it is the norm to go through a 3 hour session and only see 4 to 5 lines of chat from all 5 current guilds combined.

Other mmos i have been its almost non stop chatter, people helping and all that but in this one, you ask a simple question, polite and all and it is actually normal to not get a response back from anyone in all guilds.

When you do get a lot of chatter its two people fighting in guild chat that refuse to use the /whisper command

You're never going to have the same sense of community spirit when people belong to five guilds, and/or they only belong to guilds because that's the only way they can trade. Was that also the case with your other MMOs? I suspect they were games in which you belonged to a single guild and that fostered a sense of loyalty and commitment.

I do think that is the problem. The trading system needs to go because they really tend to be anti social and depending on how much you play you end up having 3 trading guilds. I have been in good social guilds but there can be so much turnover that it went from lots of chatter to nothing.

so turnover is a big issue. I think it was after elswyer/dragonhold combat change flip flop on most of my guilds a quarter of the current members were sitting on almost a month of not logging in and eventually they were removed for more members.

If we had general auction house and guilds were specifically social or trial - no trading - i think we would see a vastly different community. It is just the quietest mmo i have ever seen.
    Edited by Brandathorbel on February 19, 2020 6:53PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread has continued to derail with baiting and flaming comments, despite our previous message, we have decided to close it down. When posting, we ask that forum members remain civil, constructive, and within the guidelines that we have in place. If there are any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.