Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

New Moon Acolyte

ACamaroGuy
ACamaroGuy
✭✭✭
I've been told NMA really only works with the MagSorc. Something about how it helps the Sorc heal due to the spell crit and damage increase. So wouldn't this also then be a good set to use on a MagPlar or even a StamPlar due to the same increases?
Edited by ACamaroGuy on February 7, 2020 11:55PM
For the Empire
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use it on any class. It really depends on your sustain. Not sure why people saying its only good for magsorc because its complete crap

Edited by Brandathorbel on February 7, 2020 11:58PM
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is pretty much bis for any class mag or stam atm.
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are factually incorrect. Sorc class heals (matriarch, shields) scale exclusively off max mag.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    You are factually incorrect. Sorc class heals (matriarch, shields) scale exclusively off max mag.

I think OP was talking about the Surge heal which relies on crit, not Matriarch or Shields.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who told you that lie? On a MagDk anyways, there’s way better stuff to run. Succession for one is WAY more damage.

Bear in mind, leap’s cheap; but ANYTHING that increases the cost of your ulti is trash. NMA is FAR from bis on a MagDk.

Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who told you that lie? On a MagDk anyways, there’s way better stuff to run. Succession for one is WAY more damage.

Bear in mind, leap’s cheap; but ANYTHING that increases the cost of your ulti is trash. NMA is FAR from bis on a MagDk.

I am a MagDK that runs NMA but what about the battle roar passive ability that scales off ult cost? How does that factor into which set is best for a MagDK?

I did however look at the Succession set and I must admit I will be farming for it soon for when I decide to slot a lot of flame damage abilities.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only like the go to set for every build now. I mean plenty of other fine options, some combinations might be even better on certain classes and builds but you almost can't go wrong using it on pretty much anything that wants to deal damage.
    Options
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    This set is very good on any class, I think it helps to only single bar it
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used it n my magsorc for a while, but it neuters your shields. So crafty alfiq and btb it is for ne
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I am a MagDK that runs NMA but what about the battle roar passive ability that scales off ult cost? How does that factor into which set is best for a MagDK?

I did however look at the Succession set and I must admit I will be farming for it soon for when I decide to slot a lot of flame damage abilities.

Uh...so you’re gonna take a cost increase to improve your resource return on leap? I’d say the gains are negligible.

You’re giving up a ton of damage to your spammable (whip), heals on embers, and damage off of your flame glyph (which you should be running). NOT to mention leap. Engulfing. Burning talons even (which you could run lol). Flame staff. You could even back bar ice staff for giggles.

If you’re running MagDk and not running a ton of flame skills. What are you running.

NMA? I unno. Better things to run than that.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh...so you’re gonna take a cost increase to improve your resource return on leap? I’d say the gains are negligible.

You’re giving up a ton of damage to your spammable (whip), heals on embers, and damage off of your flame glyph (which you should be running). NOT to mention leap. Engulfing. Burning talons even (which you could run lol). Flame staff. You could even back bar ice staff for giggles.

If you’re running MagDk and not running a ton of flame skills. What are you running.

Probably best just to show you.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=183004
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a great set, there are only a couple of classes it’s iffy on. Magsorc (max mag will give you better healing and shields), MagWarden (Scales well with max mag), and Magblade (lacks sustain to pull it off, usually uses proc cheese because the class’ damage abilities suck so they usually go pen instead).
    Edited by Iskiab on February 8, 2020 2:31PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most generic set, strong, resource agnostic... Whoever told you they only work with one class, on one resource, don't know what they are going on about. Truly truly don't.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF NMA!!!!! :p
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Nerf sorc, really.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably best just to show you.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=183004

Nah...don’t run that. You’re gimping yourself. You’re giving up too much damage. There’s way better stuff to run. I could link you my last 10 builds stretching back PATCHES that hit harder, had better sustain, and higher mitigation.

Seriously though, try Succession Bright Throat’s, prismatic on everything, all arcane spell damage, witchmother’s, apprentice. 1 domihaus, 1 or monster set of choice. Leap and undo on the back bar.

Give it a whirl. Take it for a spin. With all the flame damage you’re running you should definitely test Succession...

If you’re just gonna run 1k magicka recovery you might as well Go Succession Spinner’s and DROP fools lol. I would lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on February 9, 2020 12:51AM
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread says it’s crap and not worth the 5% cost increase. I use it on my Magsorc and have no issues with sustain (1750 mag regen with Witchmother’s brew). It does decrease magicka pool a bit though, (37k with Mage Mundus, 33k with Shadow Mundus).

Edit: I share my build for comparisons.

Race: Dark Elf
    Mundus: The Mage

False God’s Devotion:
    - 2x arcane spell damage rings
    - infused mag regen necklace,
    - 2x inferno staves.
    NMA: all light divines,
    - tristat chest and legs,
    - max mag hands, feets and tummy
    Slimecraw: 1 heavy, 1 medium, divines max mag

Magicka: 37678
    Health: 17397
    Stamina: 13483
    Mag Regen: 1714
    Spell Damage: 2891
    Spell Critical: 51%

Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on February 9, 2020 1:25AM
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless something changed I’m pretty sure that sorc pets don’t scale with spell damage. In that case NMA doesn’t scale well for pet sorcs.

Shields also scale with max mag and not spell damage. Not so good for nma on mag sorcs.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a decent set if you can sustain it, but the 4pc Spell Pen makes it much weaker than it looks at first glance. With coordinated group debuffs this 1487 Pen is not needed, and ends up being worth about half of a standard Spell Crit or Spell Damage bonus. The 5% cost increase is pretty noticeable too, effectively draining your Magicka at a rate of about 100 per second.

It’s useful for AoE and trash fights where enemies won’t be fully debuffed, and if you pair it with False Gods sustain should be fine as long as enemies are dying. For anything single target, Spell Strat is a better set than NMA.
    Options
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    NMA is good with any class, you just need to have a certain amount of sustain or that 5% active skill cost increase most definitely will be felt. Idk about BiS for any class but it’s definitely up there for Necro mag and stam. The set offers an easy source of extra penetration which should be the most sought after thing rn with the tank meta. That’s why it’s so good IMO. I run it with necropotence
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont know about PVE but a 5% cost increase in PVP makes the set pure garbage. The extra penetration and weapon dmg doesnt make it any better than Julianos/Hundigs or Spriggan's/Spinner's. Its actually worse.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont know about PVE but a 5% cost increase in PVP makes the set pure garbage. The extra penetration and weapon dmg doesnt make it any better than Julianos/Hundigs or Spriggan's/Spinner's. Its actually worse.

So much so that nobody is using it in PvP!

No, wait...
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

So much so that nobody is using it in PvP!

No, wait...

Yeah, most dont wear it in PvP. There are better sets.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on February 9, 2020 10:32AM
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree, I started dragonhold using nma on my magdk... It's no where near as good as succession in terms of damage and sustain was really noticeable..
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Unless something changed I’m pretty sure that sorc pets don’t scale with spell damage. In that case NMA doesn’t scale well for pet sorcs.

Shields also scale with max mag and not spell damage. Not so good for nma on mag sorcs.

Shield’s cap before the bonus wears off. I use nma and false god and my empowered ward sits at full strength (50% and total health)
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Ri_Khan wrote: »

Nerf sorc, really.

What exactly do you want to still nerf? Our damage and survivability has been nerfed every patch since the beginning of time pretty much. Slowest projectile and execute in game which is easy to avoid, shields are wiped out in a single stam hit if they manage to get close, and due to lag they get close often, they are extremely expensive too, the travel time of overload is a joke. And dont even get me started on how they treat stam sorc like their unwanted step child.
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shield’s cap before the bonus wears off. I use nma and false god and my empowered ward sits at full strength (50% and total health)

I have 40 k magicka in no cp, and it still doesnt hit that cap.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Damage shield reduced by 50% in Cyrodil, check your stats
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Damage shield reduced by 50% in Cyrodil, check your stats

Oh i know, thats why i was like " wut " , personally i thnk shields need help atm. Healing ward is just aggravating and doesnt even give you a shield half the time cuz its so weak, and the other two have been nerfed to the point where a single hit knocks em out. Very frustrating.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Completely agree, I started dragonhold using nma on my magdk... It's no where near as good as succession in terms of damage and sustain was really noticeable..

I did the same. I got a set of NMA lol. It’s hot garbage on a MagDk. I mean I RAN NMA. I’m not just talking. I tested it. Ran it in Cyro. I was just gimping myself running that trash.

Options