The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO, I beg you for a second chance. 💙💚💛💜🖤

krayphysh
krayphysh
✭✭✭
My account is suspended and I would be grateful for a second chance. I do not cheat, I do not use add-ons, I do not use macros, I rarely communicate with other players. I'm never rude to anyone. I keep to myself. I sincerely was unaware that i couldn't name my toons greta thunberg or lucifer. Now i understand.

Regards,
Adam Baker
Edited by krayphysh on February 6, 2020 11:43PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll need to start an Online Support ticket to enlist help from ZOS and get back into the game, @krayphysh.

That part is not negotiable.

Be sure to list the ticket number in your thread here.

Best piece of advice is to be persistent but patient with Support throughout the process.

Bashing or flaming the Support Team will inevitably increase the resolution time ... regardless if the suspension was valid or in error.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 6, 2020 9:42PM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, since a lot of people mess this part up: When you send in a support ticket you will get an email with a bot sending you an automated answer it thinks it might help. If you don't respond to this email, your ticket is closed. Respond within 4 days of receiving it. Don't keep responding to it or sending in new tickets, as that will reset your spot in the queue.

If you cannot log into the game, here's how to get a ticket going. (I'm guessing that your suspension happened after the incident you mentioned?)

That said, if you're losing sleep over this... take a step back. This won't resolve itself in a night, it will probably be a process that requires some patience on your part and you need to be ready for that. Not sleeping because of conflict in a video game isn't healthy and won't help you deal with this properly.

Your names were probably removed because political and religious conotations are sensitive topics. Doesn't mean they were offensive, ZOS just doesn't want potential controversy.

Edit: I want to add onto this early comment that OP has removed about 90% of their original post and changed the thread title. I think that was absolutely the right decision on their part, but wanna give that context to the thread.
    Edited by Raisin on February 7, 2020 7:38AM
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the helpful information! I truly appreciate it! Cant wait to change those names and get back to my game!

All the best,
    Adam :-)
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading this topic. i have a pretty ok idea of why you were banned.
    Good luck with the ticket system. but do remember it takes time to get a response from an actual support person after you replied to the dumb bot.

And do remember to be polite. Demanding like you were in this topic will NOT get you anything but a permanent ban.

Also, naming toons after real life persons/characters from popular media, regardless of how inoffensive you think it is. Is against ToS.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you Greta Thunberg? If not, there's the reason why that name was changed. ZOS doesn't allow names that impersonate famous (or notorious) individuals.

If you are her, of course, that would be something to mention to Support.

(And yes, it applies to famous individuals, as we know from past threads on this topic that someone had to change the name "Donald Trump")
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Understood, thanks guys.
    Edited by krayphysh on February 6, 2020 11:31PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw not sure bout Lucifer being "unacceptable" as saw similar names quite a few times and none of them was banned or smth, same with any other similar ones if not used offensively or with insults added.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw not sure bout Lucifer being "unacceptable" as saw similar names quite a few times and none of them was banned or smth, same with any other similar ones if not used offensively or with insults added.
    They just didn't get reported for it. ZOS doesn't have any ingame staff snooping around, so it's pretty much a matter of 'hope no one reports it' with names. They are technically not allowed, in the end.

@krayphysh In the end, none of us have the full story (and I mean no disrespect, but given your posts on here so far I don't think we can rule out that your behavior is also what got you in trouble), so all of this is just things you need to discuss with support. What I can tell you is that ZOS reserves a lot of rights to terminating their business with you, including not having to give a reason for banning your account. They usually give their reasons anyway, but it means they don't need to prove anything.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    I know multiple players whose character names are Lucifer. I doubt they will be banned or forced to change their name. This is nothing more than a portal that promotes player vs player harassment. Rather than look into the true cause of my character name being reported, ESO automatically sides with the reporter and I am being mistreated because of this. If they would take the time to investigate the situation, they would see the cause was most likely a form a player vs player abuse. Instead, they protect the person who initiates the attack and and personally attack me for expecting them to do something about the mistreatment I am having thrown at me. I would love to post my customer service emails, but customer disservice would probably further punish me for exposing their abusive practices. I never expected to be treated like this.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know multiple players whose character names are Lucifer. I doubt they will be banned or forced to change their name. This is nothing more than a portal that promotes player vs player harassment. Rather than look into the true cause of my character name being reported, ESO automatically sides with the reporter and I am being mistreated because of this. If they would take the time to investigate the situation, they would see the cause was most likely a form a player vs player abuse. Instead, they protect the person who initiates the attack and and personally attack me for expecting them to do something about the mistreatment I am having thrown at me. I would love to post my customer service emails, but customer disservice would probably further punish me for exposing their abusive practices. I never expected to be treated like this.

I would suggest listing to those who suggested submit a ticket and be patient vs of attempting creating posts that seem to justify what you think lead to your ban.

It makes no sense that you are literally bashing Zos here (CS) and suggesting they are abusive when you are wanting them to help you out. Your comments even seem to express you feel entitled to do what you want and that Zos is the problem.

Think about it for a moment. Do you want Zos to help you or do you want to *** them off? Sounds like the latter to me. I suggest listening and heading @Taleof2Cities suggestion of patience, that bashing them as you are here will not help your case.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    @Raisin I wish you knew me. I wish I could share everything with you so that you could see that I am not in the wrong. Greta is not okay, and I now understand this. It feels awful to be the victim of an attack and dealing with customer service who has no interest in providing customer service. Customer service only refers to the character names when I contact them but do not address the true cause of this, which is player vs player abuse. I have no issues sharing my emails here, but I am now nervous that I would be further attacked for sharing. I have read the terms of service and terms of conduct. Basically, what this comes down to is any random customer service employee can and will abuse you for simply seeking social justice. Is this a witch hunt? I am not the witch. The punishment does not fit the crime. I request the person who reported my name be investigated and then, and only then, will the truth come to light. If someone is to be punished, let it be the player in the wrong, not the peaceful player who keeps to himself.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    I assure you I am not bashing ESO. I am sincerely sharing the truth.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Raisin I wish you knew me. I wish I could share everything with you so that you could see that I am not in the wrong. Greta is not okay, and I now understand this. It feels awful to be the victim of an attack and dealing with customer service who has no interest in providing customer service. Customer service only refers to the character names when I contact them but do not address the true cause of this, which is player vs player abuse. I have no issues sharing my emails here, but I am now nervous that I would be further attacked for sharing. I have read the terms of service and terms of conduct. Basically, what this comes down to is any random customer service employee can and will abuse you for simply seeking social justice. Is this a witch hunt? I am not the witch. The punishment does not fit the crime. I request the person who reported my name be investigated and then, and only then, will the truth come to light. If someone is to be punished, let it be the player in the wrong, not the peaceful player who keeps to himself.

No one here knows you and no one is in any position to make any judgements on your character, honestly. But as we don't have the full story, we can tell you how things look like from an outside perspective. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant as only you truly know, but it can still be helpful. You need to take a deep breath, a step back, and try to go about the whole thing as civilly as humanly possible. Threatening legal action, consistently making the whole thing a personal issue, your insistence on revenge on the people you claim viciously wronged you for what you perceive to be purposeful, personal reasons... None of it looks good. It looks to the outside like you're over-reacting and getting lost in your assumptions of the situation. I assure you that if you go into a CS interaction with the assumption that the representatives have your best interest in mind, things will go a lot smoother. If they feel you are being beligerent, it justifies the ban to them.
    It's very weird that you would get a ban for just the character names. It's also 100% possible. But it also means that most people's gut reaction will be "there has got to be more to that story". I'm usually a fan of showing messages from CS because I believe they should have nothing to hide, but I do agree that it may not be the best idea for you right now.

You're clearly very upset. I would be too. But there are few people that make the best decisions while theyre upset. I'm in no way a supporter of just grovelling and accepting any mistreatment, but you gotta at least stay more neutral. Think about how you can handle this case in a way that's productive and yield the results you seek.
    Edited by Raisin on February 7, 2020 7:24AM
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I would suggest listing to those who suggested submit a ticket and be patient vs of attempting creating posts that seem to justify what you think lead to your ban.

It makes no sense that you are literally bashing Zos here (CS) and suggesting they are abusive when you are wanting them to help you out. Your comments even seem to express you feel entitled to do what you want and that Zos is the problem.

Think about it for a moment. Do you want Zos to help you or do you want to *** them off? Sounds like the latter to me. I suggest listening and heading @Taleof2Cities suggestion of patience, that bashing them as you are here will not help your case.

I understand where you are coming from and will follow your advice. I see now that seeking help is useless and perceived as "bashing". I assure you that I am not bashing anyone. I am just trying to understand what I have done to deserve this. Generally customer service exists to provide satisfactory service to a company's customers. I have never experienced or been treated like this, especially by the department that I expect to provide me with satisfactory service. This isn't right or fair.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assure you I am not bashing ESO. I am sincerely sharing the truth.

You are sharing your perception of the truth. A perception that you are the victim of players, CS and Zos because Zos decided to ban you for something you did in game.

You specifically state a "customer service employee can and will abuse you" and "customer disservice would probably further punish me for exposing their abusive practices."

That is just two phrases from two different posts of yours that is very much bashing Zos, yet you claim you are not.

So yes, again I suggest that it is never to late to start taking the advice To2C provided. Better late than never.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you claim you have read the TOS. I suggest you also read the Community Rules linked below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502831/community-rules#latest

I have included the part about bashing. Bashing is defined by Zos. Not buy you or myself so what I pointed out in the last post probably pretty much what Zos is talking about in the quote below.
    Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With what i have seen lately related to this topic, i have decided not to sub a second account or pre purchase skyrim. The heavy hand of the law seems to be getting excessively heavy from both my experience and that of people i know in game. Seems to be something new the start of this year. But they need to focus on real problems and not petty nonsense.

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Lucifer thing is weird. Names out of mythology ought to be fair game. Seen a million and one other angel names in the game, not to mention a myriad of deity names, mythical heroes and so forth.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

No one here knows you and no one is in any position to make any judgements on your character, honestly. But as we don't have the full story, we can tell you how things look like from an outside perspective. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant as only you truly know, but it can still be helpful. You need to take a deep breath, a step back, and try to go about the whole thing as civilly as humanly possible. Threatening legal action, consistently making the whole thing a personal issue, your insistence on revenge on the people you claim viciously wronged you for what you perceive to be purposeful, personal reasons... None of it looks good. It looks to the outside like you're over-reacting and getting lost in your assumptions of the situation. I assure you that if you go into a CS interaction with the assumption that the representatives have your best interest in mind, things will go a lot smoother. If they feel you are being beligerent, it justifies the ban to them.
    It's very weird that you would get a ban for just the character names. It's also 100% possible. But it also means that most people's gut reaction will be "there has got to be more to that story". I'm usually a fan of showing messages from CS because I believe they should have nothing to hide, but I do agree that it may not be the best idea for you right now.

You're clearly very upset. I would be too. But there are few people that make the best decisions while theyre upset. I'm in no way a supporter of just grovelling and accepting any mistreatment, but you gotta at least stay more neutral. Think about how you can handle this case in a way that's productive and yield the results you seek.

Understood. I wish I knew the whole story as well. I have asked customer service for the the full story, but they only reply that the character names are the issue. There is nothing to do but wait it out and hope this doesn't occur again in the future. It can happen to anyone at any time, and there is no way of knowing who initiated the report and why. I have had no negative interactions with any players on my behalf, and I'm positive that many players can and would vouch for me. I have no issues with changing the names. My issue lies in not knowing the whole story myself. My nerves are shot and stomach knotted up because someone singled me out and I dont unstand why. It is a terrible feeling.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    The Lucifer thing is weird. Names out of mythology ought to be fair game. Seen a million and one other angel names in the game, not to mention a myriad of deity names, mythical heroes and so forth.

While I am not judging OP' story on the issue there is often more to the story with a ban.

I have known players with offensive names and all that happened is they were forced to pick a new name. Maybe if they picked the same name a ban might have happened but all three of them realized that would probably not be a wise approach.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing, this only further proves that I am being targeted in my opinion.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

Understood. I wish I knew the whole story as well. I have asked customer service for the the full story, but they only reply that the character names are the issue. There is nothing to do but wait it out and hope this doesn't occur again in the future. It can happen to anyone at any time, and there is no way of knowing who initiated the report and why. I have had no negative interactions with any players on my behalf, and I'm positive that many players can and would vouch for me. I have no issues with changing the names. My issue lies in not knowing the whole story myself. My nerves are shot and stomach knotted up because someone singled me out and I dont unstand why. It is a terrible feeling.

It is a terrible feeling, and if this really is all there is to it and I'm very sorry. While I'm fairly sure that ZOS technically owes no one an explanation as per TOS, I do think you deserve to know all the information that came together to result in this situation. I know I would personally keep pursuing CS to handle the whole issue, but I can't exactly say it's the best advice to give you. I do hope you can get back ingame soon and continue playing in peace.

While I am not judging OP' story on the issue there is often more to the story with a ban.

I have known players with offensive names and all that happened is they were forced to pick a new name. Maybe if they picked the same name a ban might have happened but all three of them realized that would probably not be a wise approach.

I do have to still agree with this part though. I know a lot of people who had their names reported and had to change them with absolutely no other action taken. ZOS generally doesn't just throw around bans. Whether OP was truly in the wrong or not, there had to at least be something that was perceived by ZOS' side as further wrongdoing to bring about a ban.
    Edited by Raisin on February 7, 2020 7:50AM
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    So you claim you have read the TOS. I suggest you also read the Community Rules linked below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502831/community-rules#latest

I have included the part about bashing. Bashing is defined by Zos. Not buy you or myself so what I pointed out in the last post probably pretty much what Zos is talking about in the quote below.
    Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.

I have removed my comment regarding my experience with customer service. Thanks for further educating me on what can and can't be said. I am not seeking trouble, I am trying to understand why this is happening to me and why, in my opinion, I am being mistreated. Why hasn't the reporter been investigated to ensure that this isn't a spiteful act against me. I am a very peaceful and kind guy. I don't harass people, I don't insult people, I help players and provide them with motivational words when others are putting them down. If you play the game, you know there are numerous toxic players....people who are just naturally angry. I'd like to know what I did to cause one of these people to initiate an the attack on me that led to this situation.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭

I don't feel the names are offensive. Because of this, I only made small changes to the names. It would be like if your character name was peaches and you were forced to change it. You wouldn't understand why you had to change peaches as it isn't offensive. So...you change it to Mrs. Peach. Then you get banned. But why would you be asked to change the name peaches in the first place? What do you do when you are asked to change a name that isn't offensive nor does it violate the TOS? What do you change it to at this point? Any name could be considered offensive, no matter if it is clearly not offensive. I understand Greta cant be used as of about 10 hours ago. However, the other names were not in violation of any of the terms. The name changes were a result of a player reporting my name, but why was I reported in the first place? Why will no one who is capable of providing me with this information do so? Isincerely believe someone targeted me and I was punished in order to please the reporter. I just hurts to be victimized without an explanation of why I was reported.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't feel the names are offensive. Because of this, I only made small changes to the names.

Logic would suggest that if Zos tells you to change the name because they deem it offensive then you choose a different name. Not just tweak it a little so it is still very similar the name deemed offensive. Zos is the judge of what is offensive and what is not permitted, not any of us.

Regardless, I stand by the comment you quoted that there is more to the story. I do not expect or want the details as it really does not matter to us.

Good luck getting the ban reversed.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    How is Hora Incerta offensive? I have to change my necromancer's name. That is a latin phrase that means the hour of death is uncertain. Please explain to me why I can't have this name. It does not go against any terms whatsoever! This is not right.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks idk <3
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Hora means hooker in swedish, my guess its why that name is not allowed
    Edited by Artemiisia on February 7, 2020 9:49AM
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You did name your character after a narcissistic sociopath with a god complex and the other character is the commonly used name for the devil.....
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, thanks Atemiisia, I didn't know that! Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.