Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lopsided Victories (Gray Host) PC NA

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I think ZOS devs should be forced to play PvP as AD and DC from morning till noon.

every day.

until they fix Cyro.

They only have EP toons tho
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    I think ZOS devs should be forced to play PvP as AD and DC from morning till noon.

every day.

until they fix Cyro.

Funny, last year in EP's 6 month losing streak in all campaigns we said "Zos devs only play dc!" (which they have played dc since launch btw..)

However, If I found out they changed factions after that im pretty sure the entirety of EP would die laughing.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

every day.

until they fix Cyro.

honestly I was thinking that same thing XD

Rich out here zerging down no pop factions going "yeah PvP seems fine, whats the fuss about?"
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all of your feedback everyone. It seems that opinions vary as to the cause of these "lopsided" victories.

A lot of good insight and information in there that I was not aware of. Like many others I will continue to pvp just because it is so damn fun, despite the score.

Everyone has their own way of enjoying pvp in kaalgrondtiid be it a personal victory in a 1v1 or 2vx etc. Or zerg surfing to the gates.

My curiosity was ignited by the last 3or 4 campaigns being total blowouts, and why that was. Some of that has been answered here. Anyway thank you again and look forward to this dialogue continuing.
    Edited by Icarus42 on February 22, 2020 8:39PM
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fought some EP today

giphy.gif

it went about as you expected.
    Edited by Wing on February 22, 2020 12:05AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    As an example of AD focussing DC, take today as an example, Friday night NA prime time. EP has emp, they are down to 1-2 emp keeps. DC tries to push them but every time we do AD pushes DC's back keeps. It gets worse, EP then gets the hammer, so they have hammer and EMP. Hammer comes DC DC defends but do AD take the chance to dethrone the EMP? No, they again push DC back keeps. All this blather about Feng and Homicide is just making excuses.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an example of AD focussing DC, take today as an example, Friday night NA prime time. EP has emp, they are down to 1-2 emp keeps. DC tries to push them but every time we do AD pushes DC's back keeps. It gets worse, EP then gets the hammer, so they have hammer and EMP. Hammer comes DC DC defends but do AD take the chance to dethrone the EMP? No, they again push DC back keeps. All this blather about Feng and Homicide is just making excuses.

Was this before or after dc tried taking roe instead of going chal?
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP had one keep left for their emp. Brk. All the dc tried pushing brk. AD had keeps up to and including ash. Brk is tagged, emp is in danger. Theres a stalemate between ep with emp and dc at brk. What does ad do? They hit glademist and warden/rayles. Dc withdraws to defend their scrolls. They try to push Ep again, who now are trying to take chal. Dc stops ep at chal and push again for Brk. What happens? Ad hits Glademist again. This went on for a good 2 hours, then dc realized if they were to secure scrolls, ash must be secured. Ep takes chal and sej, and push alessia. GG. Then the momentum was gone.

Edit; I ask a friend on AD what tf is happening? He replies, ad is hitting glademist because they have an agreement with ep they will secure second place if ad help ep stop dc, because of fengrush. I just want to inform all ad; second place is first loser in a line. Third place is second. in same line. Both are still losers.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on February 22, 2020 12:40PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP had one keep left for their emp. Brk. All the dc tried pushing brk. AD had keeps up to and including ash. Brk is tagged, emp is in danger. Theres a stalemate between ep with emp and dc at brk. What does ad do? They hit glademist and warden/rayles. Dc withdraws to defend their scrolls. They try to push Ep again, who now are trying to take chal. Dc stops ep at chal and push again for Brk. What happens? Ad hits Glademist again. This went on for a good 2 hours, then dc realized if they were to secure scrolls, ash must be secured. Ep takes chal and sej, and push alessia. GG. Then the momentum was gone.

Edit; I ask a friend on AD what tf is happening? He replies, ad is hitting glademist because they have an agreement with ep they will secure second place if ad help ep stop dc, because of fengrush. I just want to inform all ad; second place is first loser in a line. Third place is second. in same line. Both are still losers.

Probably with the "EP" that just left AD..so much for faction lock being good
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, an agreement? If there really is a deal between ad and ep it's not with any of the better guilds like Vanguard, Tyr or Drac that actually make a difference on EP. It's gonna be the guilds that run 24 people and still wipe to smaller groups or stand under oils and wipe. If there is an some kind of actual agreement against him with his attitude and how he treats people on stream...well i can't say I'm suprised.
    Edited by Akinos on February 22, 2020 7:48PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509005/the-official-north-america-pc-pvp-faction-discords#latest

Let me introduce you to "The Official PC North America Team Orange" discords.
    Edited by Ranger209 on February 22, 2020 4:31PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509005/the-official-north-america-pc-pvp-faction-discords#latest

Let me introduce you to "The Official PC North America Team Orange" discords.

Sorry team green got shutdown at Arrius, better luck next time
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    That agreement (if you can call it that because as afkinos said, barely anyone agree'd to it lol) ended 2 months ago (As stated in post #81) and both myself and ep/ad are not responsible for kaal player's current actions. Hell, I personally haven't even been in Kaal for the past month (other than to make campaign reports) since it literally hasn't changed since It was turned red. I asked around AD recently after reading these posts and the current majority opinion is that AD really doesn't really care about winning because they really don't have a chance when they are being gated for being the smallest faction. So sorry dc but ya made it personal and I don't see that changing till you end this vendetta. As for EP, they haven't changed their strategy since- well, whenever the gm's and I collectively came up with it and started winning...

Regardless, what did you expect to happen when you base your strategy around overextending one way in a streamer stack? Its not rocket science on how to counter that...

If DC players, guild masters, or raid leaders want to learn how to play to win again then ya know where to find me and you'll get the same support as any other faction regardless of what the streamer sheep will tell ya. <3

Edited by Carespanker on February 22, 2020 6:02PM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you really need to channel your energy into something positive for your life, instead of nagging all on the 3-4 hours feng spends in cyrodiil. And most DC KNOW how to win, you dont have to tell anyone, Ep or Ad too. Its all about stacking the largest population at the weird hours and take everything. thats how Ep wins. Its no master tacticians plan behind it. Every evening at the exact same hour, Ep stacks 70+ players at bleaks and rolls the mat up to warden/rayles. thats how you win. DC or AD doesnt have these numbers. Its a legit tactic, mind you. But, just like the poplocked ep in the very early morning gate 1 bar DC, its the same tactic all again. And watching the pop numbers, nothing indicates that will change in the future either.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on February 22, 2020 7:48PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That agreement (if you can call it that because as afkinos said, barely anyone agree'd to it lol) ended 2 months ago (As stated in post #81) and both myself and ep/ad are not responsible for kaal player's current actions. Hell, I personally haven't even been in Kaal for the past month (other than to make campaign reports) since it literally hasn't changed since It was turned red. I asked around AD recently after reading these posts and the current majority opinion is that AD really doesn't really care about winning because they really don't have a chance when they are being gated for being the smallest faction. So sorry dc but ya made it personal and I don't see that changing till you end this vendetta. As for EP, they haven't changed their strategy since- well, whenever the gm's and I collectively came up with it and started winning...

Regardless, what did you expect to happen when you base your strategy around overextending one way in a streamer stack? Its not rocket science on how to counter that...

If DC players, guild masters, or raid leaders want to learn how to play to win again then ya know where to find me and you'll get the same support as any other faction regardless of what the streamer sheep will tell ya. <3

I wish I could pin the problems in kaal to one thing but I can't. Its all a mish-mash of events that lead up to what you see today. To explain, lets go back to last year when ep was in a 6+ month loss streak in almost all campaigns. I fixed it with the official EP discord by winning every campaign from 7 day, to non cp and finally kaal in an event I called "the grand tour" where I gave away almost 30 million gold in faction wide events.But ep winning wasn't expected to last forever.

I don't have any input for any other campaign but Kaal and its predecessors which I will call the "main campaign". On the main campaign I don't recall EP ever having lost 6+ consecutive campaigns since I have been playing which was 2016. In all that time maybe 3 tops. DC has won 1 maybe 2 per year when certain guilds that don't normally play DC during non peak hours decide to switch to DC for a campaign.

I was expecting factions to retort with equal force (and they did for a short time) then use their war-momentum to fill the other factions official discords over time, however, there were bigger problems. Around this time a guild was bullied off AD for reasons that would get this post removed if I spoke of them and decided to get revenge by going DC and partnering with DC's biggest sheepherder/streamer to "Gate AD till they quit". At the time DC was the same highest populated faction (and now that's ep due to filthy faction hoppers) and ad was and still is the smallest causing great concern for the entirety of Kaal.

I took it upon myself (because 99% of EP was against this) to take this opportunity to help them because DC owning 2/3 of the map all day did not sound very swell or healthy for ALL the factions. So the AD discord went up 2 months ahead of schedule, every GM in Kaal was made aware of the coming storm and inadvertently to the knowledge of few, the map strategy (That I personally drew in MS paint) was known as the "Alessia bridge amnesty" went into action immediately. (which ended after the first month so ya can't even use it as an excuse now)

EP has almost always had the biggest presence during NA Prime Time and around the clock since 2016. There may be small windows of time when DC has greater numbers, but they are short lived, and on average EP has a substantially higher population throughout the entirety of the day.

The time of which you speak must have been the 2nd maybe 3rd campaign of KAAL when a couple of non NA prime time guilds flipped to DC. Or you're not talking of KAAL

(The "Alessia Bridge Amnesty" was when AD is being gated or pushed back to their tri keeps, the bridge would be broken preventing AD and EP AP farmers from sitting at sej all day farming ticks and instead force them to play the map and focus DC. It wasn't collusion because both sides never knew about it or intentionally worked together. All it was was both factions forced into ignoring eachother till DC was dealt with. )

Apparently the training worked as no longer does the bridge need to be blown up, nor AD need to be gate camped for this to happen Mr. Shepherd. Enough people knew about it, the people who mattered. As you stated somewhere, an agreement about this was made.

Then after that EP was ignored for 2 months straight because DC refused to change their vendetta against AD and because of that DC remained in last place... This wasn't supposed to happen forever. Fast forward those two months to now where both factions players who want to win have all transferred to EP because they are tired of their faction losing because the formally biggest faction continues to gate the smallest population faction until they quit instead of playing to win.

Now EP is the very thing they fought against (Aka the biggest faction), ad is in a bad spot (but still better than what it was when it had the guild in question on it), Dc still refuses my help because a couple of sheepherder's fanboys told all the other gms im a bad guy, and the only thing I can do about it is hope and wait that when the new campaigns come out that this will clean slate everyone once and for all.

That is everything that has happened thus far in Kaal. To summerise EP made a winning strategy 5 months ago and didn't change it because AD and DC left it unopposed till everyone outside of the drama loop (or people who just didnt care) left to the winning side and now EP is just assumed to be too big to stop (it isnt, please attack the reds). Even the GM's in the official EP discord are concerned and bored of winning without competition. ... but in the end there's nothing Zos, myself, or anyone for that matter can do to fix this it seems... We just got to wait and see if the sheep and the faction hoppers split themselves evenly enough to end these vendettas and make cyrodiil even again when the campaigns change.

Bottom line, what you state in regards to population on Kaal may very well be your perception of it. Here is mine. I play in CST from 5pm to 11pm most weeknights. I don't play that entire time most nights but probably 4 hours in that range. I am up at 5 am every day and watch the map til roughly 8 as I am getting ready for work and starting my day. I am home at noon for lunch until 1 and again watch the map over lunch. Then I am back home at 5. My observation since 2016 is that EP has pretty much, if not always had the highest population overall. DC has more presence than AD during NA hours, and AD has more presence than DC during non NA playing hours. I really don't see much difference during that time span of how things were to how things are in regards to population.

The differences I do see is that at 6am CST for about a year and a half I used to watch AD make their DC scroll run like clock work. Every day at this time they would run up and grab DC's scrolls, then if possible they would attempt to get EP's. Always DC first every day during this time, sometimes they would get EP's sometimes not. Maybe they quit, or jumped to EP, not sure. DC had periods of time when they could not get past 3 bars during prime time, while the other 2 factions were locked. I haven't seen this for quite some time either. All in all I don't really see a whole lot of difference at all, whether on KAAL or, insert server name, before faction locks in regards to population.

I do also see a person saying I hope this fire burns out while he is pouring gasoline on it. I see a person taking very small slivers of time when DC has had success, 1 or 2 campaigns in 18 months, or 3 hours out of a 24 hour day and feeding ill will that certain players may be having toward one another for personal gain. I don't know how big your discord server is or how influential it really is, or how much of each day it may be influencing things, but the fact that it caters to 2 of the 3 factions is fishy to me. It seems more that EP is the shepherd and that AD are the sheep since you like that analogy and the vendetta is against DC as a whole over a small number of players who seem to have ill feelings toward each other being perpetuated by someone who isn't really a part of it. Who is trying to make who quit playing?
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    lol, an agreement? If there really is a deal between ad and ep it's not with any of the better guilds like Vanguard, Tyr or Drac that actually make a difference on EP. It's gonna be the guilds that run 24 people and still wipe to smaller groups or stand under oils and wipe. If there is an some kind of actual agreement against him with his attitude and how he treats people on stream...well i can't say I'm suprised.

Trying to remember the last time Tyr hit AD and I can't, not saying they haven't it just seems rare. As for an agreement it seems there was one but just because there may not be anything official now doesn't stop AD playing as if there still is.
    Edited by twitch_zero on February 22, 2020 11:44PM
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭

DC doesn't have a vendetta against AD, 1 guild does, thats all.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Our group with Emp and Hammer were pretty confused. DC pushes Arrius instead of pushing for BRK. AD gave up after pushing BRK 2x. What can ya do.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Our group with Emp and Hammer were pretty confused. DC pushes Arrius instead of pushing for BRK. AD gave up after pushing BRK 2x. What can ya do.

That does make sense. If that was yesterday. Ep has dc scroll, one keep left for emp defence. Ad at brk (last emp keep), dc push arrius. makes perfect sense.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we have poplocked ep vs 2 bar ad/dc. Ep has both ad scrolls, ad has hammer and hits dc keeps. Makes sense. Btw, nice zerg ep

https://imgur.com/a/yhr2dXQ

https://imgur.com/a/7ZxPMkY
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we have poplocked ep vs 2 bar ad/dc. Ep has both ad scrolls, ad has hammer and hits dc keeps. Makes sense. Btw, nice zerg ep

The hammer is at Roe, shich is an AD home keep.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hammer is at Roe, shich is an AD home keep.

Yep AD got hammer and took Roe then went and took Ash. While at Ash EP took Roe back so they decided to double back. If they had went after their own home keeps and then to scrolls they never would have lost Roe back to EP to begin with. AD ended up losing hammer to EP while trying to take Roe back.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blame guilds. They dont want good fights or they'd be on the lowest pop faction. It's all about farming easy AP.

Vet is headed the way of U50, one faction with the majority of the pop and the other 2 factions throwing their hands up in the air.

All the while a small minority of players getting told to stfu for trying to curb the inevitable.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't blame faction lock for lopsided scores if players are at fault. Recently it seems as if AD thinks Allessia is an EP home keep and Ash is theirs.

If majority of the AD players pushed towards EP then don't you think each keep they take/hold would effect the score? If AD concentrated on keeping Allessia then that would be less points for EP? If they take Drake that would be even less points for EP. Those points over time would make a huge difference.

I'm not saying AD/DC should never fight because they are both there to win but if EP is winning it would be wise to try and keep the scores closer so that any faction has a chance.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe AD hits DC because it's easier? Idk, I dont play dc or ad in vet, but thats usually what happens.
    AD hits EP, wipes a few times. Then they try their luck in the other direction. Find some success and continue to push where they can win.

I could be totally wrong and it could be some dumb ass video game grudge too.
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭

Trying to remember the last time Tyr hit AD and I can't, not saying they haven't it just seems rare. As for an agreement it seems there was one but just because there may not be anything official now doesn't stop AD playing as if there still is.

Wait what?

Tyr spends 90% of their time farming AD pugs, mostly by taking fare, roe or nikel and just fighting repeatedly over the flags and top of the keep.

I don't think they ever farm DC keeps except occasionally ash when they get pushed to it from nikel.

Or was this sarcasm?

Most of the major AP farming guilds focus AD as a faction, whether it be cobra kai (that literally only farms fare), dracarys, tyr, now VE. And then you have the whole fengrush horde.

AD is just the least organized faction overall outside of primetime. You can take AD resources and only get 1-2 people come to take it back at a time. You don't see a mass response like you do EP and DC.

Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somnilux wrote: »

Wait what?

Tyr spends 90% of their time farming AD pugs, mostly by taking fare, roe or nikel and just fighting repeatedly over the flags and top of the keep.

I don't think they ever farm DC keeps except occasionally ash when they get pushed to it from nikel.

Or was this sarcasm?

Most of the major AP farming guilds focus AD as a faction, whether it be cobra kai (that literally only farms fare), dracarys, tyr, now VE. And then you have the whole fengrush horde.

AD is just the least organized faction overall outside of primetime. You can take AD resources and only get 1-2 people come to take it back at a time. You don't see a mass response like you do EP and DC.

Hmm, is this true? Because whenever I'm on, there is always drac or tyr farming rayles, nikel or glade when they are farming a keep/outpost
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Somnilux wrote: »

Wait what?

Or was this sarcasm?

Hmm, is this true? Because whenever I'm on, there is always drac or tyr farming rayles, nikel or glade when they are farming a keep/outpost

Its not true. Even though in all honesty I did see Tyr south some days ago, but that was cause they were chased there. How many guild groups are there anyway in NA that arent just pugs under one banner? Tyr, Dracarys and some of the very small 5-8 man groups from all 3 factions. Dracarys I dont see often in the lakes anymore. Tyr, will go glademist to "punish" dc pugs cause fengs rip-squad farm them. They arent very dangerous and normally wipe to dc pugs. Not enough damage.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo DC player since the CP system came into play I feel EP and AD are saying some very hurtful things about our entire faction in this thread when it's like 40 dudes you seem to really have a problem with ;(
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox NA with the new campaign it feels like every player went to blue
This discussion has been closed.