Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Bat Pet Thank You

SalixSepulcralis
SalixSepulcralis
✭✭✭
I just wanted to say thank to those responsible for bringing us the bat pet. It's perfect. It's *exactly* what I asked for several years ago in the Crown Store Wish List thread. I had to wait a while, but I'm so happy with it.

I don't need any other new pets for a good while lol. 🦇
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, very happy with it. Now if we could just get a crow/raven pet, I'd be sorted for life!
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye pet is cute.
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya, well lets see if you stick with that sentiment when it bites you and you get rabies
    Options
  • SalixSepulcralis
    SalixSepulcralis
    ✭✭✭
    Considering my character is a vampire, I don't think that will be a problem 🧛🏻‍♂️🙄
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bat is awesome
    Options
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a lovely pet! I love the more animated pets, because I use them in my various homes.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too am very happy with this little guy! Thank you!
    Options
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bat is super cute and will get a lot of play out of him. Thank you ZOS.
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice appreciation thread OP and much agreed.

Thnx ZoS for the little fuzzy flying companion :)
    Options
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I named mines corona :D
    Options
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Thank you!
    Cute darn thang. That be Southern Elsweyr dialect.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
    Options
  • Jhava
    Jhava
    ✭✭✭

Morbid, but funny as hell. :lol:

This pet was a nice surprise for me. Thank you ZoS.

Options
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to get something ‘free’! But I am unimpressed. To me a long winged bat would be bigger. Can barely see it. Shelved.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wonderful pet, I love it
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks, we're happy to hear that you're enjoying your Long-Winged Bat pets. :)
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on February 5, 2020 2:18PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • inchdixprb19_ESO
    inchdixprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nice sentiment but really..... I have far too many pets and wont ever use them and frankly it annoys me to see them everywhere. At least they are less irritating than combat pets that block everything..... about time for a force despawn of those in banks/ craft areas etc.
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tbh I love this small bat...what rly disappointed me is that he is so small </3
    Options
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    My Vampire Nord Necromancer is so happy now he is re-united with his childhood pet - Bertty The Bat. For those of you unfamiliar with this fabulas creature go visit :-1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K16RzQAncE
    To see his adventures:-)
    Options
  • Sidonius
    Sidonius
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the bat was a nice surprise. Although I somewhat RP all my chars, I'm not sure who would have a bat for a pet.
    Options
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZoS ! :)
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we're happy to hear that you're enjoying your Long-Winged Bat pets. :)

Thank you for the bat! Was there enough viewership to receive the second award?
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The answer to the question is - no. But they decided to go through with the polar bear plunge anyway

:#
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did this have anything to do with the Corona virus? Or because next chapter is kind of vampire oriented?

I didn't check mine, forgot about it, then I saw a friggin bat like next to the wayshrine in Riften, and I was like "WTF is that!?" and tried to harvest it. LOL Moments later, its owner appeared too, and I remembered the E-mail I had about a free bat pet. It looks pretty nice, I despise bats, but it looks well made and all.
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicken of the cave

Edited by Nord_Raseri on February 5, 2020 3:59PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I love it. They made it a really cute pet. Thanks ZOS

Nice to see a thread like this.
    Options
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the bat pet! And the fact it's so small, turned out really cute. Thank you for the pet!
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin

Just like barney2525 said, we weren't able to hit our 150,000 concurrent viewer target required to unlock the ESO team member's IRL “Snow Bear Plunge,” but we're going to do it anyway! Keep an eye out on our social channels for information in the near future on when we dive in. :)
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on February 5, 2020 6:21PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes many thanks, my vampire is very happy ;-)
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like barney2525 said, we weren't able to hit our 150,000 concurrent viewer target required to unlock the ESO team member's IRL “Snow Bear Plunge,” but we're going to do it anyway! Keep an eye out on our social channels for information in the near future on when we dive in. :)

So you are all jumping into freezing cold water. Is it fresh (lake or pond) or salt water (ocean). The later is always warmer and easier to deal with after jumping into it. I've done both for charity in the past. Though if I had to pick, give me ocean water any day of the week.
    Options
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Could you release the bat again, maybe I'll get it this time.
    Options