Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Does Wood Feel So Rare?

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akisohida wrote: »
    I give up for tonight. 2 hours and about 10 nodes later; 2 beech nods, 8 oak nodes (I need beech).

I even looted chests and bags; all OAK weapons. The game is just refusing to let me have beech.

If you're on PC/NA I can send you a bunch free. I don't have anyone using it.
  • Akisohida
    Akisohida
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    If you are on PC NA server let me know and I can send you 200 sanded beech. I have 1.2k of them and don't really use them.

Thanks for the offer but I'm on EU at the moment :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I need wood or plants (for Clothing), I go to Bal Foyen.

If I need leather, I go to Stros M'Kai.

If I need anything else, anywhere else will do, because the other nodes (for Blacksmithing, Jewelry, Alchemy, and Enchanting) are so plentiful everywhere.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Well, I have some beech on EU - both my accounts there the mains are using it. Let me see what I have tomorrow. Is your ID there the same as your posting name here?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TVum89g.png
  • Akisohida
    Akisohida
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Hmm. Well, I have some beech on EU - both my accounts there the mains are using it. Let me see what I have tomorrow. Is your ID there the same as your posting name here?

Thank you, and it should be, yes. I play via Steam and I think it uses the same ID since I log in before switching regions.
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    TVum89g.png

Where is she located?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Akisohida - I'll be on first thing in "my morning" (around 7am US MT); I'll see what I can do for you.

@cyclonus11 - huh. Never saw that one.... Yup, I echo Aki's question: where do you find her?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what "I'm looking for" whatever I am spazzing about, I always find other things.

For me it turned out that when I just say to myself, "I'm gonna just pick up what I find" then the universe is quite generous.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's at the woodworker shop in Anvil IIRC. Forget the name of the shop.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Funny wood always seems all I find and I don't need it lol

My Wife said the same thing this morning
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sylvermynx @Akisohida

She's in Anvil
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting older, so I also find wood more rare.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wood's hard to come by out in the Alik'r"
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get more wood then anything else

Not sure, is this bragging or complaining ? :)

Admittedly, there are definitely times when I wish I had more wood

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on February 1, 2020 12:09PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    @Sylvermynx @Akisohida

She's in Anvil

Thank you for info!
    Edited by Sylvermynx on February 1, 2020 2:03PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa - no clue how this even posted again! Someone feel free to delete!
    Edited by Sylvermynx on February 1, 2020 3:55PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rare? When I'm wood I feel great :D
  • Akisohida
    Akisohida
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the beech! :)
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend hours doing a crafting writ each day because I have to hunt for wood nodes.

I'm finding 5-7 clothing plants, 4-6 mining nodes, and 8+ rune nodes, EACH, for every ONE wood node I find.
    And I have the Spotting skill (at rank 1) so wood nodes should glow!

well you should have went to grahtwood but just make sure you don't go after active trees otherwise yiffre will be angry.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wts wood chopping Axe
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the beech! :)

You're very welcome!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a low population campaign in Cyrodiil, and find the areas that have been logged and filled with tree stumps. You will find more wood than a woodchuck chucked.... and if you stay away from the keeps and outposts (easy to see on your map), you can go hours without ever even seeing another player, as the zone is many times larger than any other zone.

Two tips:

Take a nightblade wearing full Night's Silence gear in Divines (only needs 2 traits learned to craft)(alternatively, the stage 4 vampire passive Dark Stalker also removes the sneak speed penalty), running the Steed mundus (increase motion speed), Windrunning passive, and slotting Concealed Weapon for speed boost while sneaking. You can sneak while running upright, and enemy players won't be able to see you, if you get lucky and cross paths with one.

Also, make sure you join a CP enabled or Standard campaign (press L if you are level 10 or above), so that you can use your Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest CP perks, as well as the Treasure Hunter passive for any chests you find.

Edit: Oh, and double mats for the next couple of days, until the event ends.

Edited by Jaraal on February 2, 2020 8:40PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the time you play may have the impact, if you are playing in prime time you have to compete with other harvesters, and some of them are bot like precise (mods and stuff).
    Edited by RefLiberty on February 2, 2020 9:15PM