The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

add-on question

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, for those that can use them (PC) I have a bit of a tech question in regards to an add-on. Anyone know of any sort of one that can measure your resources used? What I am looking for is if I am "double dipping" when hitting my skills since with my lovely Aussie lag of 350+ I have to many times (well, every time) hit my keys 2 sometimes 3 times to get a skill to actually fire. Yes, can make playing very tricky but worst thing is my sustain, no matter the level or the class, sucks big time. So just wondering if there is a way to measure and watch and see if it using the resources with each keypress? Cheers all...….
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use Combat Metrics (aka CMX) to see your exact resource usage.

But in general, what you describe should never be a problem - it's the server which keeps track of your ability casts and global cooldowns - unless you get a bad lag spike, the extra keypress spam should just get completely ignored by the server because you are still on global cooldown from the previous successful ability cast.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    But in general, what you describe should never be a problem - it's the server which keeps track of your ability casts and global cooldowns - unless you get a bad lag spike, the extra keypress spam should just get completely ignored by the server because you are still on global cooldown from the previous successful ability cast.
    agree.gif

You can't bypass the global cooldown, so for you to "double dip" your lag would have to be larger than the cooldown, at which point you might as well close the game and go to your local pub.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 30, 2020 6:09PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

Cheers for that! Very helpful! So its more of a perception thing from my end in just thinking its double dipping.....ok, well that's a relief.
    Now to sort out my sustain issues..... ;)