The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to play as a bosmer?

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm a Bosmer templar and I would like to know how to play this race and class.
I know bosmer is stamina oriented, but templar is about healing and using magic. I find my character is not really optimal, because my daedric spear attack are dealing less than 2k of dmg and enemies have like 100k health.

I'm also using bow and sword+shield, but even that is not really good right now. Maybe it's because I'm lvl 42 and I need to pass the lvl 50 to reach the point I will be better than NPC.
I'm trying to put attribute in health and use a heavy armor, but it doesn't protect me very well. If there is more than 2 NPC, I'm dying in 30 seconds. I read some people saying to use light or medium armor, but I'm scared to die faster lol.

Whatever, what is the optimal way to play as a Bosmer templar? Should I change class to Altmer or Imperial?

At lvl 50 I will mostly re-roll all my attribute points and skills since I'm not sure you earn more skill or attribute points after that.

Maybe Warden would be a better choice for a Bosmer, but I'm waiting for the class change token to exist since I don't want to start everything again.

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Characters are really Weapon Characters where Class Skills, more so Passives, support your play style.

I myself prefer to play my Templar as a Magic Character. Which you can do as a Bosmer, even if it is not optimal, you may lose 4% DPS or so over a Breton or Altmer. Not enough to worry about.

However, you are under CP160, your goal right now is to find skyshards, unlock skills, and try different rotations out. You will soon get a scroll to respec all your skills and one for your attributes. So, for now, just play the game and try different skills and gear out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At L50, you will have all 64 Attribute Skills you are going to get. Once you decide Magic or Stamina, put all your attributes into one or the other, not both. No points into Health

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you really need Alts in this game. Once you get to CP160, level some Alts.

There is no Class change in this game, and probably never will be.

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this your first character ever? If so, it's pretty normal to still struggle a bit with enemies.

With magicka sustain being as terrible as it is right now (and it's still not great on the PTS), you do not ever, ever want to play a mag-based Bosmer. I've tried, and they are terrible. They make VERY good stamina-based characters, however; I have a Bosmer stamplar and she's a little beast. So it's definitely a strong option for a stamina-based Templar. For the setup-

I'd recommend dual wield + bow instead of 2H/shield + bow. All attribute points should be in Stamina and you'll ideally want to run at least five pieces of medium armor. Right now you're suffering because I imagine that you don't have enough stam to do since you have many attributes in health and are also losing out on a lot of DPS from not having the medium armor passives.

I'd recommend the following setup. I don't know how many skill points you have, but I'll assume 50. Have you started the Fighters Guild skill line? If not, start that today and go kill zombies in Alik'r or run dolmens.

Aedric Spear skills:
    • Crescent Sweep ulti
    • Biting jabs
    • As many of the passives as you can get. Burning Light is the single most important part of a Templar's DPS so pay special attention to that and how it works

Dawn's Wraith skills:
    • Power of the Light
    • Focus on Prism and Restoring Spirit passives

Restoring Light skills:
    • Ritual of Retribution
    • restoring Focus

Bow skills:
    • Endless Hail
    • Focus on the Accuracy and Ranger passives. You're going to be spending almost no time on the bow bar, so you won't have it equipped much and I'd thus focus less on these passives

Dual Wield:
    I use no active skills here with any regularity. I'll use Whirlwind for AoE, but honestly, with jabs, it's not needed
    • Focus on Twin Blade and Blunt, Dual Wield Expert, and Ruffian passives

Fighters Guild:
    You'll want all abilities, since they're going to fill up bar slots but not be used for the FG passive weapon damage increase. The ones I use that you'll want to get asap are
    • Ring of Preservation (nice heal)
    • Camouflage Hunter (excellent source of Minor Berserk)
    • Barbed Trap
    • Flawless Dawnbreaker

All Bosmer racial passives (10 skill points)

Medium Armor skills: I'd hold off on putting skill points into Improved Sneak for now, but get everything else.

I'd use one five-piece set of Hunding's Rage, and New Moon Acolyte would work well as a second. For your head/shoulders you can use something like Adept Rider that has a two-piece bonus that'll up your resistances.

I'd recommend the Shadow mundus stone

Bar setup:
    Front bar (DW): Power of the Light, Jabs, Ring of Preservation, Camo Hunter, Barbed Trap if you have it, if not just use a different FG skill like Silver Shards (if you have the passive that grants increased weapon damage for each FG skill slotted) or Whirling Blades/Blade Cloak. Crescent Sweep ulti; switch out for Dawnbreaker when you unlock it.

Back bar (bow): Endless Hail, Ritual of Retribution, Restoring Focus if you need more sustain, Camo Hunter, whatever other FG skills you can get, Crescent Sweep ulti.

Rotation is dead easy:

Barbed Trap -> swap
    Hail -> Ritual of Retribution (this is a nice heal too) -> swap
    Jabs -> Power of the Light -> jabs x4 or 5 -> PotL -> jabs x4 or 5 -> repeat

If you need more healing, hit Ring of Preservation. If that's not doing it, you can use Bloodthirst or Blood Craze from the DW skill line. If you do that, start dropping skill points into the passives. Resolving Vigor from the Assault skill line is a common stam-based heal as well.

A LOT of a Templar's DPS comes from the Burning Light passive, as I mentioned. You thus always need at least one Aedric Spear ability on each bar, and you want to do as much damage with AS abilities as possible. I just poke things a lot with jabs, but if you need more healing and are using Bloodthirst as a spammable as a result, I'd recommend putting Spear Shards on your back bar and making sure that DoT is always ticking.

I hope that this was at least a tiny bit helpful. I have a Bosmer stam Warden as well, and while the Warden class suits Bosmer well from a thematic perspective, the Stamplar is way more fun :)
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this your first character ever? If so, it's pretty normal to still struggle a bit with enemies.

With magicka sustain being as terrible as it is right now (and it's still not great on the PTS), you do not ever, ever want to play a mag-based Bosmer. I've tried, and they are terrible. They make VERY good stamina-based characters, however; I have a Bosmer stamplar and she's a little beast. So it's definitely a strong option for a stamina-based Templar. For the setup-

I'd recommend dual wield + bow instead of 2H/shield + bow. All attribute points should be in Stamina and you'll ideally want to run at least five pieces of medium armor. Right now you're suffering because I imagine that you don't have enough stam to do since you have many attributes in health and are also losing out on a lot of DPS from not having the medium armor passives.

I'd recommend the following setup. I don't know how many skill points you have, but I'll assume 50. Have you started the Fighters Guild skill line? If not, start that today and go kill zombies in Alik'r or run dolmens.

Aedric Spear skills:
    • Crescent Sweep ulti
    • Biting jabs
    • As many of the passives as you can get. Burning Light is the single most important part of a Templar's DPS so pay special attention to that and how it works

Dawn's Wraith skills:
    • Power of the Light
    • Focus on Prism and Restoring Spirit passives

Restoring Light skills:
    • Ritual of Retribution
    • restoring Focus

Bow skills:
    • Endless Hail
    • Focus on the Accuracy and Ranger passives. You're going to be spending almost no time on the bow bar, so you won't have it equipped much and I'd thus focus less on these passives

Dual Wield:
    I use no active skills here with any regularity. I'll use Whirlwind for AoE, but honestly, with jabs, it's not needed
    • Focus on Twin Blade and Blunt, Dual Wield Expert, and Ruffian passives

Fighters Guild:
    You'll want all abilities, since they're going to fill up bar slots but not be used for the FG passive weapon damage increase. The ones I use that you'll want to get asap are
    • Ring of Preservation (nice heal)
    • Camouflage Hunter (excellent source of Minor Berserk)
    • Barbed Trap
    • Flawless Dawnbreaker

All Bosmer racial passives (10 skill points)

Medium Armor skills: I'd hold off on putting skill points into Improved Sneak for now, but get everything else.

I'd use one five-piece set of Hunding's Rage, and New Moon Acolyte would work well as a second. For your head/shoulders you can use something like Adept Rider that has a two-piece bonus that'll up your resistances.

I'd recommend the Shadow mundus stone

Bar setup:
    Front bar (DW): Power of the Light, Jabs, Ring of Preservation, Camo Hunter, Barbed Trap if you have it, if not just use a different FG skill like Silver Shards (if you have the passive that grants increased weapon damage for each FG skill slotted) or Whirling Blades/Blade Cloak. Crescent Sweep ulti; switch out for Dawnbreaker when you unlock it.

Back bar (bow): Endless Hail, Ritual of Retribution, Restoring Focus if you need more sustain, Camo Hunter, whatever other FG skills you can get, Crescent Sweep ulti.

Rotation is dead easy:

Barbed Trap -> swap
    Hail -> Ritual of Retribution (this is a nice heal too) -> swap
    Jabs -> Power of the Light -> jabs x4 or 5 -> PotL -> jabs x4 or 5 -> repeat

If you need more healing, hit Ring of Preservation. If that's not doing it, you can use Bloodthirst or Blood Craze from the DW skill line. If you do that, start dropping skill points into the passives. Resolving Vigor from the Assault skill line is a common stam-based heal as well.

A LOT of a Templar's DPS comes from the Burning Light passive, as I mentioned. You thus always need at least one Aedric Spear ability on each bar, and you want to do as much damage with AS abilities as possible. I just poke things a lot with jabs, but if you need more healing and are using Bloodthirst as a spammable as a result, I'd recommend putting Spear Shards on your back bar and making sure that DoT is always ticking.

I hope that this was at least a tiny bit helpful. I have a Bosmer stam Warden as well, and while the Warden class suits Bosmer well from a thematic perspective, the Stamplar is way more fun :)

Thank you for the tips.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Stamina Characters are really Weapon Characters where Class Skills, more so Passives, support your play style.

I myself prefer to play my Templar as a Magic Character. Which you can do as a Bosmer, even if it is not optimal, you may lose 4% DPS or so over a Breton or Altmer. Not enough to worry about.

However, you are under CP160, your goal right now is to find skyshards, unlock skills, and try different rotations out. You will soon get a scroll to respec all your skills and one for your attributes. So, for now, just play the game and try different skills and gear out.

I agree re. the DPS loss when playing a mag-based Bosmer vs. an Altmer/Breton, my major issue with mag Bosmer is sustain. I have massive sustain issues on my Magplar, even as a Breton kitted out in perfected False Gods with decent weaving where I'm not over-casting the expensive abilities like Blockade or Shards. I haven't tested a Magplar in the PTS with the lowered cost of Blockade and Shards, but it's not as helpful as I'd hoped on my Magden, though she uses only one of those two skills and is thus less affected. I'm still not hopeful that the changes are going to help with mag sustain as much as they should, so I'm still expecting to have a few issues with the magplar.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biting jabs is your main ability. This is most powerful spammable ability in the game, both in PVP and in PVE. Even more in PVE because mobs rarely dodge/move out of jabs.

Against bosses and other players another very good ability is Power of the Light. It is cheap and effective, you should try to re-apply it each time it "explodes".

Third very good ability is Ritual. Both morphs are very good.

Best ultimate for stamina templar is Onslaught (morph of 2H ultimate, PVP) and Dawnbreaker (PVE). But most probably you don't have them fully leveled, so you can use empowering sweeps for now.

Overall you should select abilites with physical, poison or disease damage. Magicka, Fire, Frost and Lightning damage is not buffed by your stamina and weapon damage.

As for the bosmer, this is mostly PVP oriented race, but it's fine for PVE too. In PVE best stamina race is orc, others are almost identical in terms of possible damage per second.

Sword and board is exclusively tank's weapon in PVE and defensive backbar in PVP. So if you gonna play mostly PVE in nearest time, 2H/bow or DW/bow are much better for overland/stamina dps role.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I saw 3 skill points by not speccing into Hunter's Eye. The stealth detection is garbage (and completely, as in 100% absolutely, useless in PVE), the roll-dodge is ok-ish, and the penetration bonus is too situational to be useful.

When I was levelling my 1st char, I ran with a heavy armor chest, a light armor belt, and everything else medium armor. I first made sure to unlock all of the armor passives first, though, you do that by having at least 3 bits of each kind of armor just to unlock the skill tree for that weight. By running with at least one of each type I would level up all of the armor passives whenever I took damage. Eventually with the undaunted skill line you can get a bonus to all stats for each type of armor you wear. The biggest pain with levelling your first char is that you have to keep your gear within a few levels of your character level. You can really notice the difference when your gear matches your level or when it is 10 levels off.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer plays primarily as a Magplar (healer), Magsorc, Magward, Bowsorc and Bowward - and she does very well. She's played continuously as a Bosmer since 2007 through Obivion, Skyrim and ESO. Play the race you love.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the roll-dodge is ok-ish

And even that is questionable, as you shouldn't have to burn resources to activate a racial passive, aside from the fact that you aren't doing any damage while you're tumbling around on the ground anyway. Just mash the sprint button if you're only rolling for the 5 seconds of speed (1 second of the 6 you aren't even running.)

Most folks just use Accelerate for the 12 second speed boost, even though it has a cast time. Rapids not even worth slotting any more for 8 seconds of stamina burn, unless you're riding.

Edited by Jaraal on January 30, 2020 4:22AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    How should I place my attribute points?

I mostly play bow and currently leveling up other weapons skills, but Templar mostly use magicka. That will actually spread out my attribute like I have currently... Stamina would be good for physical damage, but Templar mostly use magic for healing and attacking.

Currently have almost equal points in magicka, health and stamina, but more in magicka. Not working at all. Only dealing little damage and getting destroyed by other players and NPC.

I will probably take screenshots and video of my character after reaching level 50 so you can help me better.

I currently have 4 stars rating on equipment. Have difficulty attacking rats, so...
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to deal damage, you will have to change some things about your character:

When using, weapons (bow, dual wield, 2-hander) you need to invest a lot in stamina.

One hand + shield is more for tanks, so not a good option for damage dealing.

Then you will have to have kills on your bar that use stamina, because those skill will deal more damage the more stamina (and weapon power, and weapon crit) that you have).

You should aim for +30k stamina, about 18-20k health no points in magicka for PvE.

Second: Do you currently use 2 sets with the 5 piece bonus? They make your character a lot stronger.Go for medium armor, with those passives unlocked for more damage. Hunding's rage is a good craftable set to begin with. If you are on PC EU, give me a call, i do not mind making one for you.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer make fine archers. If you are interested in a pure archer (bow on front and back bars), I recommend looking at this wonderful guide by @SodanTok right here on our forum - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve-dragonhold-update/p1

I have several Bosmer pure archers that I use for solo PvE. For how I play, I rate the sorc and warden as tops. My NB and templar do not fare as well. I do not have a DK or necro archer so cannot speak to them.

Oh, and my archers have all 64 attribute points into stamina.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 30, 2020 1:39PM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know bosmer is stamina oriented, but templar is about healing and using magic. I find my character is not really optimal, because my daedric spear attack are dealing less than 2k of dmg and enemies have like 100k health.

I'm also using bow and sword+shield, but even that is not really good right now. Maybe it's because I'm lvl 42 and I need to pass the lvl 50 to reach the point I will be better than NPC.

42 is bad, because your One Tamriel buff vanishes. Bosmer works, i play an Imperial Templer, but you probably dont use any sets. Sets rule this game more then race. Without a full build and at level 42 the game is actually challenging.

What do you fight with 100k health ???? Overland boss or group dungeons ? Or story boss. I am asking, because the NPC usually have 20-40k.

If all fails then Puncturing Sweep should save the day. Sweeps and moving.
    Edited by mague on January 30, 2020 1:45PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mostly play bow and currently leveling up other weapons skills, but Templar mostly use magicka. That will actually spread out my attribute like I have currently... Stamina would be good for physical damage, but Templar mostly use magic for healing and attacking.

Currently have almost equal points in magicka, health and stamina, but more in magicka. Not working at all. Only dealing little damage and getting destroyed by other players and NPC.

I will probably take screenshots and video of my character after reaching level 50 so you can help me better.

I currently have 4 stars rating on equipment. Have difficulty attacking rats, so...

In this game, you are all in on either Stamina or Magic. Hybrids are difficult to play and end game content will be real challenge, if even possible.

So choose a path and pick gear and skills that support that path.

If you have to, change the Race on this character if you want to go magic.

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The thing about this game is that a blend of magicka and stamina (aka hybrid) does not tend to work particularly well, especially at this stage in the game for you. You generally want to pick one stat (mag or stam) to focus on, and stick with it.

For most skills, the amount of damage or the amount of healing that you do focuses off of either your max magicka (if the skill costs mag) or max stamina (if the skill costs stam). So if you're trying to spread your attribute points out among the two, you're not going to optimize your damage done.

If you look at how light attack damage for staves is calculated, it's something like (.04 x your magicka) + (.4 x your spell damage) - .6.

Light attack damage for bows/melee scale similarly off of your max stamina and weapon damage.

This means that you can't just pick up any weapon and use it interchangeably. My stamina-based characters have maximized stamina and weapon damage, and very little magicka or spell damage. This means that if I pick up a staff, my light attack damage will tank, but I'm great with daggers, for example.

OK, so for right now let's get your DPS up. You can experiment later, but right now, if you're struggling with rats, something needs to change. I struggled a ton too with mobs at first because the build I was playing was so terrible. Some tweaks allowed me to more comfortably kill things.

To start, let's narrow down whether you'll be mag-based or stam-based. Do you want to use

Staves (ice, lightning, inferno, restoration)

OR

Bow/melee?

For now I do NOT think you should try to mix staves with bows/melee. So pick one. It sounds like you prefer bows, so you're probably going to want that route, but just in case.

If you picked bows/melee, move all of your attribute points out of magicka. I'd put all into stam if possible, but you can also put 5ish into health if need be.

If you picked staves, move all of your attribute points out of stamina. I'd put all into ma if possible, but you can also put 5ish into health if need be.

What sets are you running, and what skills? Are you PC/NA?
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard for new players to wrap head around the classes as there are essentially two sub-classes within each one (one stam; one mag).

Race generally will only make noticeable impacts you at the higher levels of optimization. At those levels a Bosmer Templar (as far as damage dealer) would be:

PvE Stam: great, a few hairs behind the mathematically best race

PvE Mag: redguard/bosmer would be weakest options here; though for dynamic mechanics you'll be able to dodge roll a lot and be fast. So, you'll get some survival out of it; dead characters don't do damage.

PvP Stam: again great; tie with a few others depending on style and build

PvP Mag: Again Bosmer won't help damage or healing, that survival benefit above matters a lot more here. Mobility is huge in PvP; running out of stamina is a major reason why mag's die in PvP.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the title said "How to play as a boomer?"
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I'm trying to put attribute in health and use a heavy armor, but it doesn't protect me very well. If there is more than 2 NPC, I'm dying in 30 seconds. I read some people saying to use light or medium armor, but I'm scared to die faster lol.

Whatever, what is the optimal way to play as a Bosmer templar? Should I change class to Altmer or Imperial?

At lvl 50 I will mostly re-roll all my attribute points and skills since I'm not sure you earn more skill or attribute points after that.

Maybe Warden would be a better choice for a Bosmer, but I'm waiting for the class change token to exist since I don't want to start everything again.

My first char was a Bosmer Templar. I later re-rolled her to Bosmer Warden since nature magic was always something I would have chosen first, but I will say that a Stamplar worked really well with Bosmer. There were a few really good skills that were strong with stamina morph. As for heals, you will have to rely more on Vigor which is a PvP stamina based heal in one of the PvP skill lines, but Templars do have a great Stam skill which restores stamina to the group which would be appreciated. However you will never be as good as a dedicated magicka based templar in terms of group healing, so I would focus on being DPS. You need to give up heavy armour and get medium armour which will greatly increase your dps (look at the passives for medium armour). Also look at some builds for Stamplar, once your dps increases, things will melt and you won't have to worry so much about defense and heavy armour, here's one that will help you https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-templar-build-pve/
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I watched this video https://youtu.be/WYtLKBxYF0I and he is mostly saying stamina is useless with Templar...

Whatever, I will grind to level 50 and will write you back about my current character with screenshots and videos.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I watched this video https://youtu.be/WYtLKBxYF0I and he is mostly saying stamina is useless with Templar...

Whatever, I will grind to level 50 and will write you back about my current character with screenshots and videos.

There were 2 groundbreaking balance patches after this video. Stamina templar is shining now - solid PVE dps and one of the most powerful PVP specs.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    What templar skills use stamina? I'm currently trying all possibilities to reach max lvl with each skills, but they all use Magicka.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Strikes will morph to a good stam skill: Biting Jabs.
    Piercing Javelin will morph to a good stam skill: Binding Javelin.
    Backlash will morph to a decent stam skill: Power of the Light.
    Rune Focus will morph to a good stam skill: Restoring Focus.

Cleansing Ritual and both morphs cost magicka to cast but the associated healing scales to your highest offensive stat – which would be stam for a stamplar and the purge effect works equally well for mag or stam templars.
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    "How to play as a bosmer?"

Short answer:

Travel back in time to pre-stealth-nerf Bosmers. Or just play Skyrim.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    "How to play as a bosmer?"

Short answer:

Travel back in time to pre-stealth-nerf Bosmers. Or just play Skyrim.

AO14YFx.jpg
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing a Bosmer since 2007 (TES4) and have put together a few tips that might help:
    If someone teases you about your big ears, ignore them.
    When folks call you 'Twig', realize that they mean it affectionately.
    Learn how to jump up so you can see over tall grass.
    Just because an Altmer can walk through a puddle, does not mean you can - learn to swim!
    Learn how to kneel on a chair and sit back on your ankles to boost yourself up so you can use the table.
    Embrace the fact that you can save gold by shopping in the children's section of the clothing stores.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure it's a lady to. As the dudes look weird
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how you play Bosmeri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj67kwWBoQ
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Race only starts to matter in the endgame and high end PvP. Bosmer is a stamina based race, however I would recommend you to stick to magicka (despite being suboptimal) until you unlock the stamina heals which you get from the PvP skill line (Vigor - best stamina heal, very important to have this one) and Rally from the twohanded skill line (not as important as Vigor but very helpful to have this one on top of Vigor in PvP). Playing a few Battlegrounds should be enough to unlock Vigor, it goes really fast.

You shouldn't stack too much into hp, the majority of ressources should be spent on your major attribute which is either stamina or magicka. Max stamina increases dmg and heals from stamina based abilities (the skills which cost stamina) and max magicka increases dmg and heals from magicka abilities. Going light or heavy armor with a staff, some buff food (something with magicka and health), attribute points in magicka, enchant your armor with magicka, the magicka morph of jabs (heals you) and a heal like Breath of Life should be enough to keep you alive. Also ask someone to craft you stuff, having a set with training trait on them makes things a lot easier and faster.

Not sure if this thread is about Bosmer or a Templar/beginner thread at this point :p Race does matter a bit but far less than sets and Champion Points, so don't worry too much about it, I can guarantee you that the race isn't the reason why you struggle. How to play as a woodelf... just go stamina once you unlock Vigor I guess.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it plays like any other race. i wouldnt mind damage until you get proper gears