Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer class spammable

Shaloknir
Shaloknir
✭✭✭
I suggested this before but I post it again.

Change liquid lightning into a lightning bolt. Single target spammable.

Morphs:
  • Chain lightning, converts into an area of effect ability
  • Storm hammer (or some other weapon), coverts into stamina ability. Single target ranged spammable. Throw lightning hammer/spear/dagger or something else at enemy. Weapon type doesnt matter, the idea of hammer comes from Thor/Mjolnir mythology.

Numbers and other details I leave to someone with better understanding of game mechanics/balance.
Edited by Shaloknir on February 5, 2020 2:18PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shaloknir wrote: »

Morphs:
    Chain lightning, converts into an area of effect ability
    Storm hammer (or some other weapon), coverts into stamina ability. Single target ranged spammable. Throw lightning hammer/spear/dagger or something else at enemy. Weapon type doesnt matter, the idea of hammer comes from Thor/Mjolnir mythology.

Numbers and other details I leave to someone with better understanding of game mechanics/balance.

Tell me, why should sorc have a class spammable?
    Edited by Xvorg on January 29, 2020 7:13PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Morphs:
    Storm hammer (or some other weapon), coverts into stamina ability. Single target ranged spammable. Throw lightning hammer/spear/dagger or something else at enemy. Weapon type doesnt matter, the idea of hammer comes from Thor/Mjolnir mythology.

Why not? Improves class identity for example.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind that at all, would feel quite awesome to hurl a big ass hammer at enemies. Although I don't know how it would affect sorcs in PvE. When I played a magsorc in PvE it was a standard aoe, haven't played it in a long time though, so may be wrong with today's meta.

And I agree, I think all the classes need a spammable. The more class skills being used the better.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morphs:

because every class should have a class spammable in mag and stam.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Morphs:

That implies some sorc's hard hitting skills (such as frags or curse) should do less dmg due to balance issues (spammable + delayed burst on class skills = overkill). Not to mention the way the class uses pets. I'm against that, sorc burst dmg is more than OK and shouldn't be touched.

Currently the only class that has a good spammable skill and a sort of delayed burst is templar with sweep and backlash, but one is ranged and the other melee. Ranged sorc spammable + delayed burst will lead to a world in which everyone is a sorc.

I'm against that.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

Morphs:

Sorc without a class spammable is one of the strongest class in the game.

NB with 2 class spammable is one of the weakest classes in this game.

Sorc do not need a class spammable, that would imply some pretty bad nerfs to the skills the class currently uses, exactly as NBs have been nerfed these last year.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭

Morphs:

Sorc do not need a class spammable, that would imply some pretty bad nerfs to the skills the class currently uses, exactly as NBs have been nerfed these last year.

I respectfully disagree. Sorcerers need class spammable simply because they dont have one. All other classes have spammable and delayed burst. This would only give sorcerers a choice over weapon skills. It doesnt mean automaticaly that sorcerers become overpowered.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morphs:

it has nothing to do with how much damage they do, it just has to do with giving options and just for the fact that every class should have one. It should be a base thing to expect. Every class should have a class spammable and a class aoe.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

Morphs:

Doesn't your crystal frag like proc a billion times. If you want a spammable then please ZOS nerf this skill :neutral:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Morphs:

I respectfully disagree. Sorcerers need class spammable simply because they dont have one. All other classes have spammable and delayed burst. This would only give sorcerers a choice over weapon skills. It doesnt mean automaticaly that sorcerers become overpowered.

Sorry, but the subject has been discussed a lot during the last 5 years. ZoS at some point stated that sorcs do not need a class spammable since they already have a strong delayed burst, and that adding a spammable implied changing that identity.

It is the same argument ZoS has stated regarding DK execute (on a DoT class is overkill), templar stun (in a high healing class is overkill) or burts healing on NB (cloak to full health). In the end they want to prevent uniformity

On the other hand stamsorc has bound armamanets, which is quite decent.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Morphs:

it has nothing to do with how much damage they do, it just has to do with giving options and just for the fact that every class should have one. It should be a base thing to expect. Every class should have a class spammable and a class aoe.

Ufortunately it is not what you want, it is the way how ZoS alance the game. If everyone has a spammable, execute, burts heal, etc... what's the point on havig classes?

Define that and then we can talk about spammables, executes, etc.

y the way, Force shock and elemental weapon are 2 ofthe best spammable in this game, and even more, Sorcs take a huge benefit from using them. (The block shield from psijic can be combined with ward, while force pulse icludes exgtra dmg on statuses)... just ask any mageblade or templar if they use their class spammable in PvE

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    once you get shards going you can chain fire it rather easily and the lightning one where you raise your hand and zap people thats also spamable so sorc already have at least 2
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields :trollface:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭

Morphs:

Damn hate thise NB mains who keep calling their class weak and lack of burst and everytime I face a stamina nightblade and i get killed in the death recap there always a 10k+ assassin's scourge followed by a 10k executioner, where do you ****ing see the lack of burst? Maybe magblade needs help, but definitely not stamblade.
    And I don't run pve gear.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

Morphs:

Damn hate thise NB mains who keep calling their class weak and lack of burst and everytime I face a stamina nightblade and i get killed in the death recap there always a 10k+ assassin's scourge followed by a 10k executioner, where do you ****ing see the lack of burst? Maybe magblade needs help, but definitely not stamblade.
    And I don't run pve gear.

Stamblade is pretty bad right now. Nevertheless it has been always a punishing class against any new player. How long have you been playing the game?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these posters seem never to have played a Sorcerer, either Magicka or Stamina.

Folks, Crystal Frags is NOT a spammable as it is based upon RNG. This results in instances where you may get three in a row or zero over ten GCDs. It is not in any way a reliable source of on-demand damage, it is simply a happy bonus when it procs.

Second, Mages Fury is NOT a spammable as it does like 3k total damage when not in the execute threshold. If you are using that skill at any time other than during or immediately before you expect your target to enter the execute phase then you are doing something very, very wrong.

Contrary to what some may think, classes SHOULD all have the same basic building blocks to play with (class spammable, DoT, AoE, stun, etc.) but balance and class flavor should come from the IMPLEMENTATION of those various building blocks.

So maybe one class gets a very powerful execute at <25% health whereas another one gets a weaker execute at <50% health or one is ranged and one is melee, etc. You don't need to simply copy-paste a re-skinned template into every class but thoughtful designers can and should come up with different approaches to provide the same basic abilities to all classes.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Morphs:

That implies some sorc's hard hitting skills (such as frags or curse) should do less dmg due to balance issues (spammable + delayed burst on class skills = overkill). Not to mention the way the class uses pets. I'm against that, sorc burst dmg is more than OK and shouldn't be touched.

Currently the only class that has a good spammable skill and a sort of delayed burst is templar with sweep and backlash, but one is ranged and the other melee. Ranged sorc spammable + delayed burst will lead to a world in which everyone is a sorc.

I'm against that.

I have a spammable on my sorc...
    (o_o)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of these posters seem never to have played a Sorcerer, either Magicka or Stamina.

Folks, Crystal Frags is NOT a spammable as it is based upon RNG. This results in instances where you may get three in a row or zero over ten GCDs. It is not in any way a reliable source of on-demand damage, it is simply a happy bonus when it procs.

Second, Mages Fury is NOT a spammable as it does like 3k total damage when not in the execute threshold. If you are using that skill at any time other than during or immediately before you expect your target to enter the execute phase then you are doing something very, very wrong.

Contrary to what some may think, classes SHOULD all have the same basic building blocks to play with (class spammable, DoT, AoE, stun, etc.) but balance and class flavor should come from the IMPLEMENTATION of those various building blocks.

So maybe one class gets a very powerful execute at <25% health whereas another one gets a weaker execute at <50% health or one is ranged and one is melee, etc. You don't need to simply copy-paste a re-skinned template into every class but thoughtful designers can and should come up with different approaches to provide the same basic abilities to all classes.

No one has said those are spammable, just that are a delayed burst. As a delayed hard hitting burst (at least onn mag sorc) there's no reason to give the class a spammable.

Just grab a destro staff and you will be able to use one of the best ranged spammable in the game as most of the other ranged magicka spec. Or just look for elemental weapon if you want a nice free dmg ball (and that one cann be used even with a bow).

Class ranged spammable are just bad, and to keep things balanced, a Sorc spammable should be bad too (like strife or racer)

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played Sorc., but the destro staff has skills for this issue. Also i don't remember any of the NB skills being spammable. At least not efficient.

Templar is different though. He has spammable skills. Dawn's Wrath skill tree works well for single target ranged dps for just about any weapon. Though staff still recommended for the heavy attack mana regain, but it doesn't really matter, if you use healer, or damage staff.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t need a class spammable anymore, there’s enough generic spammables. Necromancer has a class spammable and nobody even uses it since the generic options are just better.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could add a spammable to Sorc, it would be Crystal Fragments. I'd reduce damage and cost, and nullify cast time, and move Frags mechanics to Haunting Curse, to something like:

"Other Magicka abilities have a chance to make your Haunting Curse explode instantly"

So, while Haunting Curse is on target, casting other magicka spells triggers the explosion immediately, having the chance to get more than 2 explosions (3.5 seconds and 8.5 seconds).
    Edited by CaptainVenom on January 30, 2020 1:09PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kombinator
    I'm pretty sure surprise attack was one of the highest scaling abilities in the game until not too long ago. Now nb is pretty much down to debuff and hope the defender doesn't roll/block your bow.
    Both sorc setups are in no need for a spammable, coming from somebody who has played both stam/mag sorc for almost 5 years now. Sorc is one of those things that the second zos decides to touch anything on it, it wont be the same. I would almost fear what would happen to sorc like what happened to nightblade, where any nightblade build you see today is essentially a light attack proc gimmick. If they made a spammable, it would probably try to interact with the new bound armaments for stamsorc. For magsorc the spammable would have to beat clench/force/imbue which at that point I'm sure with with the whole standardization idea happening the ability would become sub par anyways. All of the nerf sorc threads would be fun to read though.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. Sorc is doing pretty well, and the alternatives available are better than many other class spams.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    So you want do remove one of the most class defining aoe powerhouse skills and turn it single target? I think if we want a spammable, It should be the crystal blast morph of crystal shards. Remove the cast time and make it reduced damage. Keep the stun and make it like the DK stagger mechanic. Crystal frag morph remains unchanged. Crystal blast- each casts applies a stack of crystal shards on the opponent. The third cast of the ability, causes the shards to explode dealing 5,600 damage instantly and 12k magic damage over 10sec or deals 5600 magic damage and stuns the enemy for 3sec. That would be a nice sorc spammable.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Morphs:

Ufortunately it is not what you want, it is the way how ZoS alance the game. If everyone has a spammable, execute, burts heal, etc... what's the point on havig classes?

y the way, Force shock and elemental weapon are 2 ofthe best spammable in this game, and even more, Sorcs take a huge benefit from using them. (The block shield from psijic can be combined with ward, while force pulse icludes exgtra dmg on statuses)... just ask any mageblade or templar if they use their class spammable in PvE

elemental is the worst spammable in the game to use. I hardly see anyone use it because most people seem to hate it. Also it sounds like like a fart coming out of the end of a baloon.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Morphs:

elemental is the worst spammable in the game to use. I hardly see anyone use it because most people seem to hate it. Also it sounds like like a fart coming out of the end of a baloon.

Sounds like the answer for you is crushing shock. How did you get the fart into the balloon? Spamming farts is fun for the farter, but not so much for the fartee...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wanting class spammables is such boring and facepalm worthy request. Like of all the possible abilities in the game you ask for something everyone has access to 2 or 3? Is that really something you want to waste class skills? Hell stamsorc has like 2 abilities, do you really need the 3rd one to be something you can get from every weapon and psijic skill line...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Wanting class spammables is such boring and facepalm worthy request. Like of all the possible abilities in the game you ask for something everyone has access to 2 or 3? Is that really something you want to waste class skills? Hell stamsorc has like 2 abilities, do you really need the 3rd one to be something you can get from every weapon and psijic skill line...

Stam Sorc main here. I don't. I want a delayed burst ability, single target dot and ultimate. We're at 0.5/3 now.

0.5 because Bound Armaments does not help with delayed burst like Shalks, Power of the Light or Blastbones. It's even easier to dodge than NB bow proc and it's delay isn't enough to time it with anything. It's just a more cost efficient, more damaging ranged rapid strikes that you need 4 weaves to proc making it a spammable you only use every 4 gcds.

Mag Sorc has these in spades. 2 delayed burst abilities, 2 pets for single/AOE target dots, execute and 5/6 Magicka based ultimate morphs. Forgive my lack of empathy for any Mag Sorc wanting a spammable.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could add a spammable to Sorc, it would be Crystal Fragments. I'd reduce damage and cost, and nullify cast time, and move Frags mechanics to Haunting Curse, to something like:

"Other Magicka abilities have a chance to make your Haunting Curse explode instantly"

So, while Haunting Curse is on target, casting other magicka spells triggers the explosion immediately, having the chance to get more than 2 explosions (3.5 seconds and 8.5 seconds).

PvP wise it is too strong :3
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Stam Sorc main here. I don't. I want a delayed burst ability, single target dot and ultimate. We're at 0.5/3 now.

0.5 because Bound Armaments does not help with delayed burst like Shalks, Power of the Light or Blastbones. It's even easier to dodge than NB bow proc and it's delay isn't enough to time it with anything. It's just a more cost efficient, more damaging ranged rapid strikes that you need 4 weaves to proc making it a spammable you only use every 4 gcds.

Mag Sorc has these in spades. 2 delayed burst abilities, 2 pets for single/AOE target dots, execute and 5/6 Magicka based ultimate morphs. Forgive my lack of empathy for any Mag Sorc wanting a spammable.

Exactly, magsorc has like no spammable and they have the best kit around. Hell, they are the only class that can play DD in two dramatically different ways for how many skills they have. If anything that tells me that having class spammables is big waste of skill slot that could be something better and unique.

Stamsorc averages 1 new skill every 3 years or something like that and OP here wants to waste his 3rd chance on skill least important to succeed in PVP or PVE.... a spammable.