The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would i need to do to increase my dps other than levelling?

Lodus
Lodus
Soul Shriven
I am on my main magicka nightblade dps cp 594

I hit around 18k damage per. second and would like to know how to increase it. I just recently learned to weave better, it has increased my dps around 2k for now.I have seen people hit alot higher with mag nb and want to know how they do it :)

for gears i use mothers sorrow, valkyn and burning spellweave with all divines and spell dmg on jewlery.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have to get very good at hitting the spectral bow proc. Light attack weaving is key and goes hand in hand with the procs.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proper gear and rotation helps too :3 and a loooooot of practice
    Edited by zvavi on January 29, 2020 6:53PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Practice. Lots and lots and lots of it. Maybe I'm slower than others, but it took hundreds of parses to get comfortable with LA weaving and hundreds more to perfect it and be able to pick it up immediately with new classes/skills. I'm well into the thousands at this point.

My first character was a stamblade. I think it took about 100 parses (this was on the 3 mil) to get the hang of LA weaving and do it fairly consistently, but without some of the "fancier" stuff; swap -> pause -> LA -> barbed trap was probably the last thing I got down.

I'd start by practicing each skill individually... so just sit there and do LA -> Twisting path over and over again. Then do it for your other skills. Once you feel comfortable with that, work on chaining them together. I don't remember what the current meta magblade setup is, but it's be something like LA -> Crippling Grasp -> LA -> Elemental Weapon, or whatever. Then all skills you use on each bar together

Lastly, the art of LA weaving right before and right after bar swap. That adds a LOT more DPS than you'd think and is especially important if you run an arena weapon on your back bar.

Parsing consistently is key. I'd say at least twice a week is optimal early on. Make sure you're getting out there and running dungeons or other content too. At some points you'll feel like you have stuff down on the dummy, but then things fall apart when you try to do the same in a dungeon. That's normal and part of the process- you just need to iterate between the dummy and "real world" gameplay to really get a grasp on things.

I also watched videos of the "pros" parsing but turned the speed down to 75% or even 50% so I could see exactly what they were doing.

Lastly, a SLOWER rotation where you're consistently LA weaving is always, always better than a quicker one where you're blasting through things but missing LAs left and right. Bizarre as it sounds, you need to feel in control of your rotation. When I first started, I was trying to match the speed of the pros at all costs. All I ended up doing was missing all of my light attacks. My DPS went up considerably when I tried the "slow and steady" route. Accuracy comes first, and speed will follow once you've got things down.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBs have more difficult rotation than some other classes. They also got nerfed more than others last time. Try templar or sorc and your dps will increase and you get better survivability.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are more about how you play rather than raw DPS. Its avoiding combat and damage while dealing damage, not stand there and burn them down. Its about using your skills to suck the health out of your enemies and taking it for yourself.

Its not always about the DPS, It is about playing to your strengths.

If you want max DPS, there are other ways to do that. But, guess what, a well played Nightblade will come along and kill you no matter how good you are with a target dummy.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Food, gold weapons, bloodthirsty on jewelry, and pots are quick fixes. But like the others have said, the rotation is where you will see the biggest increase in damage