Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Necro build without Dizzying Swing?

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
Just returning to the game after a bit of absence and leveling my Stam Nord Necro.

Looking for a build that doesn't require dizzying swing. I know it's strong and pretty much every stam class uses it, but I just really don't want to use the skill.

I'm kind of looking for a similar build to my non-meta stam warden, which uses SnB and the main spammable is power slam and cc is invasion.

Any ideas? I know damage isn't the highest, but I'm looking for a more tanky setup which will mainly be used in 2vX. Open to 2H/5M or 5H/2M depending on the ideas.

Thanks in advance!

inb4: just give in to the meta, you're hindering yourself if you don't, otherwise useless comments not addressing the question, etc
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poison skull ?
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scythe deals 3k less damage and for getting cc you need to use it 3 times, but it also heals on hit.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are fighting multiple people then silver shards can be nice, nearby targets take about 80% of what the main target gets and it also buffs your weapon damage by 3% from FG passive. Deadlier versus vamps and ww.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lurking here as necro only class I have not found a build I enjoy
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im trying to work a StamCro/Khajit/DW pressure build combination but DW is in a terrible state atm.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scythe and skulls have stam morphs. Scythe works got small group tower ult dumps
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly powerslam has too low burst to be viable. You need a "dizzy" type of DD that tooltips for ~14l-16k coupled with the possibility to have 1 or 2 other sources of damage running alongside it to reach "dps" high enough to overcome HoTs + burst healing, an CC animation / 30% defile will secure your kill.

10k powerslams will be too low burst to drop most people unless they stay stunned for 2s and let you beat them up.
    For that you need to raise your own defence and suatain alot to drag fights out and catch ppl in stuns without stam left to break out with. That is a duel build and People in cyro given a choice will disengage you and flee and you wont be able to catch fleeing: warden, nb, sorc reliably :neutral:
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afflicted / Essence Thief combo with Bloodspawn
    Afflicted - Chest, Legs, 3 infused weapon damage rings
    Thief - Front bar axe / dagger nirn/sharpened with belt, gloves, boots
    back bar 2H potentate

Afflicted and blast bones gives you major and minor defile with significant up-time on your target. Thief gives you 10% overall increased damage and additional sustain. You could also swap thief for spriggans if you choose.

DW front bar: blastbones / whirling blades / shuffle / rending slash / turn evil / colossus
    2H back bar: deaden pain / spirit guardian / rally / beckoning armor / vigor / temporal guard

look for high uptime on your blastbones and heavy dw attacks with rend until you're ready to set up your combo of turn evil / colossus / whirling blade.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Afflicted / Essence Thief combo with Bloodspawn
    Afflicted - Chest, Legs, 3 infused weapon damage rings
    Thief - Front bar axe / dagger nirn/sharpened with belt, gloves, boots
    back bar 2H potentate

Afflicted and blast bones gives you major and minor defile with significant up-time on your target. Thief gives you 10% overall increased damage and additional sustain. You could also swap thief for spriggans if you choose.

DW front bar: blastbones / whirling blades / shuffle / rending slash / turn evil / colossus
    2H back bar: deaden pain / spirit guardian / rally / beckoning armor / vigor / temporal guard

look for high uptime on your blastbones and heavy dw attacks with rend until you're ready to set up your combo of turn evil / colossus / whirling blade.

Thanks for the insight! I am trying to run a similar build but it's difficult without a clear stun, any input on that?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good dw damage relies on your target being cc'd often, but if you want to use something other than dizzy, the next best choice for a necro is flurry, which only does slightly less damage than dizzy due to the necro dot passive, and gets another bonus sub 25, which should provide you with enough pressure to drop executioner since as a necro flurry will do roughly the same damage as jabs does to a sub 25% cc'd target . you'd have to rely on pressure instead of outright damage, so an axe and master dw might be a good idea to combine with siphon for decent pressure. i have some more specific suggestions that i'd rather not give away here so pm me if you want some more specific advice.

flurry with necro and dw passives ends up being the highest damage spammable in the game under specific conditions, heh.
    Edited by ecru on February 16, 2020 6:58AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer