The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag classes need a buff.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solaire wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The only thing I think that needs a buff is NBs and WWs. I almost never see WWs anymore so I forgot about them, but saw a couple in a BG this morning...poor guys. I route for them every time I see them, but they never seem to do well.

People need to L2P and stop asking for buffs to things that are already doing well. I like seeing a variety of capable opponents and it’s wrecking the game.

WW are busy hunting newbies in below Lv.50 BG

Yea, all they needed to do was move their cc higher up in the WW tree. They got their aoe fear, etc... earlier then other classes got cc break abilities which made them OP at low levels. The complaints about WWs at 50 was purely L2P, ZoS way overnerfed them.

Look at mid-higher MMR and how little class variety there is, and people still ask for magsorc buffs which is one of the most common classes.

If half the people who complained just switched classes they’d see how silly they’re being. I think most of it is disingenuous whining asking to be OP.

Mostly all MagSorc switched to MagPlar which i understand, they got over nerfed, ZOS has a very bad way of nerfing classes, they either don't do it or if they do, get ready to get reked for an ongoing 20 patches of nerfs,

Stamina and Mag are not balanced right now, Stams are way ahead of Mags, which is bad for class identity which ZOS is trying to toss aside, MagSorc recently got nerfed Yet there is another nerf on ZOS's radar for MagSorc, so i see why people would react like that,

Imagine a class you play the most get nerfed almost every patch, ongoing while you know it's not Over performing,
    same goes for buffs, some builds or classes do not need buffs they are already good the way they are but ZOS always misses up everything cause they listen to the wrong people or just don't play their game enough,

StamNB and MagSorc are two most complained about classes in the game since release, they both got pretty reked by nerfs, they got some buffs but it never helped them to get up and match others, while StamNBs have wide range of options to go through thanks to many stamina based weapons and skills to fill that nerf gap with, MagSorc could not do that, they have only 1 weapon choice and different elemental DMG, which they got nerfed also, so it made things even worse for them,

I think both NB and Sorc need a total rework, just completely rework them, too many complains coming in and out everyday
    while the real over performing builds hide in the shadows.

Here's a screen shot from a BG this morning. It was myself (magplar) and 3 magsorcs against two stam balls in mid MMR, so all pvpers around rank 20ish. Yea, I just don't see it.

https://imgur.com/1ciUzDs
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I think that needs a buff is NBs and WWs. I almost never see WWs anymore so I forgot about them, but saw a couple in a BG this morning...poor guys. I route for them every time I see them, but they never seem to do well.

People need to L2P and stop asking for buffs to things that are already doing well. I like seeing a variety of capable opponents and it’s wrecking the game.

Yea, all they needed to do was move their cc higher up in the WW tree. They got their aoe fear, etc... earlier then other classes got cc break abilities which made them OP at low levels. The complaints about WWs at 50 was purely L2P, ZoS way overnerfed them.

Look at mid-higher MMR and how little class variety there is, and people still ask for magsorc buffs which is one of the most common classes.

If half the people who complained just switched classes they’d see how silly they’re being. I think most of it is disingenuous whining asking to be OP.

Mostly all MagSorc switched to MagPlar which i understand, they got over nerfed, ZOS has a very bad way of nerfing classes, they either don't do it or if they do, get ready to get reked for an ongoing 20 patches of nerfs,

Stamina and Mag are not balanced right now, Stams are way ahead of Mags, which is bad for class identity which ZOS is trying to toss aside, MagSorc recently got nerfed Yet there is another nerf on ZOS's radar for MagSorc, so i see why people would react like that,

Imagine a class you play the most get nerfed almost every patch, ongoing while you know it's not Over performing,
    same goes for buffs, some builds or classes do not need buffs they are already good the way they are but ZOS always misses up everything cause they listen to the wrong people or just don't play their game enough,

StamNB and MagSorc are two most complained about classes in the game since release, they both got pretty reked by nerfs, they got some buffs but it never helped them to get up and match others, while StamNBs have wide range of options to go through thanks to many stamina based weapons and skills to fill that nerf gap with, MagSorc could not do that, they have only 1 weapon choice and different elemental DMG, which they got nerfed also, so it made things even worse for them,

I think both NB and Sorc need a total rework, just completely rework them, too many complains coming in and out everyday

Here's a screen shot from a BG this morning. It was myself (magplar) and 3 magsorcs against two stam balls in mid MMR, so all pvpers around rank 20ish. Yea, I just don't see it.

Im looking at your messages throughout this post. Listen. Youre just being dumb. Youre avoiding the point constantly. Stamdk, stamplar,stamnecro are about TWICE as better as any mag class beside magplar. That is being said by a guy that still beats everyone on a sorc in duels. Thats not the point.
    Cant argue their over the top survivability and damage that is way beyond what a sorc can reach. Done. Everything you say at this point is meaningless because look at all the comments here, people actually play the game and they see the big difference. I cant see ANY argument against it, im sorry bud. i honestly think you havnt played a sorc lately. You just saw a couple glass cannon sorcs hiding behind teammates and getting kills.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »

Im looking at your messages throughout this post. Listen. Youre just being dumb. Youre avoiding the point constantly. Stamdk, stamplar,stamnecro are about TWICE as better as any mag class beside magplar. That is being said by a guy that still beats everyone on a sorc in duels. Thats not the point.
    Cant argue their over the top survivability and damage that is way beyond what a sorc can reach. Done. Everything you say at this point is meaningless because look at all the comments here, people actually play the game and they see the big difference. I cant see ANY argument against it, im sorry bud. i honestly think you havnt played a sorc lately. You just saw a couple glass cannon sorcs hiding behind teammates and getting kills.

No, it’s moreso that sorcs have always been the whiniest class on the forums. For some reason most sorcs have only played a sorc and have no perspective on how their class ranks up compared to other classes.

Try playing other classes for a while, do yourself a favour. Sorcs are one of the strongest classes in all settings, saying otherwise is purely a L2P issue. It’s a class that’s full of people that when the class is OP it makes them think they’re amazing players, and when it’s balanced they think it’s the class’ fault they aren’t dominating.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 29, 2020 1:49AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it’s moreso that sorcs have always been the whiniest class on the forums. For some reason most sorcs have only played a sorc and have no perspective on how their class ranks up compared to other classes.

Try playing other classes for a while, do yourself a favour. Sorcs are one of the strongest classes in all settings, saying otherwise is purely a L2P issue. It’s a class that’s full of people that when the class is OP it makes them think they’re amazing players, and when it’s balanced they think it’s the class’ fault they aren’t dominating.

that's the most truth i have seen on this forum in quite a few Years.
    well said wisdom and honesty.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the situations but magsorcs have the best heal, best ball group busting ultimate in negate, great ranged burst, great execute, decent mobility and zoo builds.

Just seems weird that people call for buffs to a strong and useful class that has many build varieties
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    It really depends on the situations but magsorcs have the best heal, best ball group busting ultimate in negate, great ranged burst, great execute, decent mobility and zoo builds.

Just seems weird that people call for buffs to a strong and useful class that has many build varieties

It’s likely because there are only so many good ways to play a sorc. A class can need tweaking to some abilities to make more playstyles viable and still be a good class. It’s just the outright buffs across the board that I don’t like, the class rankings posts some people did was good and outlined ways to tweak classes so they have applicability to multiple settings. That’s the way to do it.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

I guess every sorc needs to l2p then.
    Show us all how amazing you are. Upload. Im waiting.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me shields are a issue 6 seconds duration on shield simply cant be justified anymore. This is true because damage shields can be crit. So the damage shield duration should be increased. Also across the board I would like to see penetration increase in light armor the value are to low compare to medium armor the value of higher weapon damage equals higher defense by way of healing doesn't compare.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, as far as I remember you posted build where your magsorc had 22k shields in U24 and was bursting down people in 2-3 GCD without CC. I can't understand how that thread and this thread can be from same person tbh... magsorc simply became much more skill dependent then before, but from your videos it looked like you are quite skilled... so how can you think that magsorc is weak? Streak, shield-stacking, huge damage, crazy burst heal? what's "weak" about all that?
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    OP, as far as I remember you posted build where your magsorc had 22k shields in U24 and was bursting down people in 2-3 GCD without CC. I can't understand how that thread and this thread can be from same person tbh... magsorc simply became much more skill dependent then before, but from your videos it looked like you are quite skilled... so how can you think that magsorc is weak? Streak, shield-stacking, huge damage, crazy burst heal? what's "weak" about all that?

I still go that route sometimes. It doesnt conflict with what im saying.
    Honestly that build is the best in 1v1. This patch if you try to go with a glass cannon it wont be great. People go with the block meta that negate all your damage, and as being a glass cannon, you wont survive. But on 1v1 you would survive and definetly kill anyone. But this isnt a dueling thread.
    So trying to go fully balanced sorc, building for stam, mag, sustain, mitigation /resistances. Possible. Not nearly good as any aspect that stam has.
    Not to mention sorc is the hardest class to build because of it, you will be left with a single target burst that is weaker than a full aoe burst that stamden has for example, with lower survivability than any stam class.
    That is a fact at this point. If you main stam just dont message please. Its obvious you want sorc to stay lower rated. Broken game. Zos trying to keep the vocal stam players happy at a cost of all mag players. Idc anymore. Pvp has been dead for a while for me. Im here to give my opinion and if that brings change, great. Because it is needed. No argument here. Ask ANY magsorc player. I played against all the known magsorc players on my server, ive seen it all, won and lost against all multiple times .talked with most on that, we all stand at the exact same spot on that.
    Edited by talfx5 on January 29, 2020 4:11AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still go that route sometimes. It doesnt conflict with what im saying.
    Honestly that build is the best in 1v1. This patch if you try to go with a glass cannon it wont be great. People go with the block meta that negate all your damage, and as being a glass cannon, you wont survive. But on 1v1 you would survive and definetly kill anyone. But this isnt a dueling thread.
    So trying to go fully balanced sorc, building for stam, mag, sustain, mitigation /resistances. Possible. Not nearly good as any aspect that stam has.
    Not to mention sorc is the hardest class to build because of it, you will be left with a single target burst that is weaker than a full aoe burst that stamden has for example, with lower survivability than any stam class.
    That is a fact at this point. If you main stam just dont message please. Its obvious you want sorc to stay lower rated. Broken game. Zos trying to keep the vocal stam players happy at a cost of all mag players. Idc anymore. Pvp has been dead for a while for me. Im here to give my opinion and if that brings change, great. Because it is needed. No argument here. Ask ANY magsorc player. I played against all the known magsorc players on my server, ive seen it all, won and lost against all multiple times .talked with most on that, we all stand at the exact same spot on that.

I agree that magicka overall needs buff to damage, some decisive ultimate maybe like onslaught. But magsorc... this maybe simple a contrast to U22 for you, where magsorcs were literally gods. Maybe they are not so good for group play like wardens and templars... but solo magsorcs are very dangerous and in the same time can disengage at will. And it's hard to simply burst them if they keep shields up...
    As for the balanced builds, there are too many burst follow-up hard counters right now to tell that buffing or nerfing something will solve all problems. So you either kill in 3-4 seconds or you don't kill at all (if opponent has meta build and is not careless about buffs/healing). Imo magsorc is not worst class for that, in terms of burst concentration.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think both stam and mag are fine in general. Two things that matter the most is overall skill level, the setting and your ability to play each spec.

Some people just will never be good playing a certain spec and some will never be good at playing a certain class. Those two things can skew opinions. Like for me mag warden is trash solo but it’s good in groups.

I don’t really agree. Things are jacked enough right now that some classes can do all styles better then other classes.

MagWarden isn’t trash solo, just their entire burst combo isn’t enough to take out most players solo without a proc set. Same as magblade.

Most opinions aren’t wrong, just either outdated or from potatoes who don’t know better. The ‘everything needs a buff’ threads are normal around PTS time, which isn’t a coincidence. If it wasn’t PTS time you’d never see a thread like and people would get laughed off.

There has always been a class or classes that can do things better in the game, that will never change.

Mag warden is absolutely trash. I’d hop on my magblade to open world solo before magwarden. Magwarden is probably at the lowest level of potato killer , too predictable and too telegraphed. Doable doesn’t mean good, I solod on my magplar when it was considered unplayable and I solod on magblade when it was considered the worst class, didn’t stop them from being bad.

Oh and I also played magwarden during Morrowind during the period where people said they’re bad, just in bgs.

Go watch speed kills's stream on twitch. Mag Warden is fine. The only class that is really in the dumpster right now is NB.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Think both stam and mag are fine in general. Two things that matter the most is overall skill level, the setting and your ability to play each spec.

Some people just will never be good playing a certain spec and some will never be good at playing a certain class. Those two things can skew opinions. Like for me mag warden is trash solo but it’s good in groups.

I don’t really agree. Things are jacked enough right now that some classes can do all styles better then other classes.

MagWarden isn’t trash solo, just their entire burst combo isn’t enough to take out most players solo without a proc set. Same as magblade.

Most opinions aren’t wrong, just either outdated or from potatoes who don’t know better. The ‘everything needs a buff’ threads are normal around PTS time, which isn’t a coincidence. If it wasn’t PTS time you’d never see a thread like and people would get laughed off.

There has always been a class or classes that can do things better in the game, that will never change.

Mag warden is absolutely trash. I’d hop on my magblade to open world solo before magwarden. Magwarden is probably at the lowest level of potato killer , too predictable and too telegraphed. Doable doesn’t mean good, I solod on my magplar when it was considered unplayable and I solod on magblade when it was considered the worst class, didn’t stop them from being bad.

Oh and I also played magwarden during Morrowind during the period where people said they’re bad, just in bgs.

Go watch speed kills's stream on twitch. Mag Warden is fine. The only class that is really in the dumpster right now is NB.

Did you see the part where I said doable doesn’t mean good ? Don’t use someone that is good as an indicator of a class being good just because they perform good on a class. I managed to pull solo Templar off years ago, as did others including the most famous magplar content creator to play this game but the class was absolutely terrible then compared to the others.

At the end of the day if you pull off a 1vx on magwarden then 9 out of 10 you would’ve had a much easier time killing those people on a different class. Hop on the class yourself and go out there and try to 1vx then come back, most of the time your 1vx is solely dependent on your ult. Which only the highest level of potatoes will die to at once. It’s not that it’s impossible, you’re just way better off going solo on a different class.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Haki is constantly first place on their teams as a mag sorc. The most annoying thing in this game is the kill stealing. I'm sure he's great and I've played on his team before, but having all your kills stolen when your on their team or not, feels very cheap to have taken away by a Mages Fury proc.

You want to balance all the hate against mag sorc, start with this ability. Make their execute require actual timing using strong, but direct damage instead of pre-de-buffing your targets. Tell me how it makes sense that I ultimate someone to execute range, just to have another sorc steal the kill a milesecond after my ultimate hits because it's coded to do exactly that. It doesn't require a GCD in that moment from the sorc because they applied the execute 4seconds in advance.

Changing it to more direct damage would also help it be more viable in pve where sorcs don't even slot the ability anymore. They haven't for years.

I love sorc, but any time I play on a 4 sorc team we almost always win and I'm surrounded by pets cluttering the screen. It's actually funny most of the time, but I can't help but feel like we're stomping other players and that isn't fun either.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can thank Scalebreaker update for the death of werewolfs in PvP :(

The midtier-high mmr playera didn't like competition from a non meta setup, hence it got nerfed. Was fun while it lasted tho ngl....

If you want ww to be competitive again in PvP you basically need to revert ww to Elsweyr status.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

MagSorc is actually completely fine right now same with StamSorc that is a complete l2p issue.

The reason stam is ahead of mag right now is due to the tank meta. It is very easy to build/play a tanky high damage stamina class thanks to how broken SnB BRP DW and truth and fury heavy armor sets which allow players to stack pure damage and still have absurd amounts of tankyness that penetration is useless towards with high weapon damage that gives absurd healing. You don't have to press any buttons or have any remote skill except spaming your heals until you find a change to go on offense with the same general damage rotation that literally 5/6 classes implement and will kill anyone who makes a mistake in mitigating it.

To actually have the same level of damage and tankyness on a magicka character means you are running light armor (except for possibly magblade) and are spinning a lot of plates at once and kiting effectively which a good 95% of players don't know how to do. Most of the better 1vx players I see are actually running magicka builds right now because they are very good. The general player poppulace isnt because of how derp sperg easy it is to run the common dizzy swing stamina tank meta. It isn't that magicka classes need more love its just the stamina tank meta needs to be brought down. You can still be very tanky as a magicka class but it requires a lot more skill/button pressing that these derpy stamina builds are basically given automatically. If literally 5/6 classes are running the same stamina set build nma/truth/fury/bloodspawn/BRP DW or SnB backbar with the same generic rotation there is a clear issue.

The off balance changes take Truth out of the equation which makes it so that you cannot run medium armor anymore and still have the high weapon damage healing that the tank meta has (though I'm sure there will be another set to take its place). Everyone basically will just be running NMA/Fury if fury isnt changed at all.

What needs to happen is BRP needs to grant like 3-5k resistances instead of a flat overpowered 30% damage reduction and SnB needs to be hardcore nerfed. That and the full weapon damage window/ramp up time for fury need to be greatly reduced along with some class healing abilities nerfed as well (cauterize for example). And off balance should be taken away from dizzy swing entirely (making off balance something separate entirely as it should be) and class spammables need to be buffed and stamsorc needs to be given a class spammable so that it isn't left in the dust. The change to the DK stonefist ability is actually very ignorant imo. This and penetration needs to be brought back to how powerful it used to be. Sets like spriggan need to be brought back to where they were before they were nerfed. This will make it so that if you choose to go heavy weapon damage instead of equal levels of penetration and weapon damage, you may have much more healing but at the cost of a lot of damage output as you lack damage penetration.

Zos does this and buffs nightblades who have been in the trashcan for a while now (to the extent that every notable player who plays nightblade knows this) and you have yourself a balanced patch.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    MagSorc is actually completely fine right now same with StamSorc that is a complete l2p issue.

Zos does this and buffs nightblades who have been in the trashcan for a while now (to the extent that every notable player who plays nightblade knows this) and you have yourself a balanced patch.

How is Stamsorc fine?
    Only dizzy +Onslought keep Stamsorc alive! And this Skill take a big nerf next Patch.
    +the new Stamsorc identity/Bound Armaments is just a worse spectral arrow!
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot said here guys. Happy to see a lot of people on the same page on this.
    Next patch must have drastic changes, if not i dont think many mag players will stay another 6 months until zos will realize people leaving.
  • yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭
    Magsorcs have always been on the top. Sorcs were really overpowered a few years ago. They had the best burst skills, stun fragment, 3 powerful and endless shields+ major protection with them. Noone could even damage to their health because of their endless shields with major protection all the time. Now they are nerfed and balanced and cry for their OP builds again for a few years. Just l2p. Sorcs are always on the top, sometimes they can become 2. class but no less than 2. You still have the best burst heal great ranged burst great sustain, great kiting skill and full spell absorb kiting skill. Even dks have %50 spell absorbtion while sorcs have full spell absorb.

We dont want any nerfs to sorcs but also dont want any other buff either.

Now dont cry and learn to play one of the easiest class in the game.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess every sorc needs to l2p then.
    Show us all how amazing you are. Upload. Im waiting.

No not everyone. Just u and the other scrubs.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like most stam classes are in a good place (no I'm not talking about spammables)

As for mag, dk/nb could use some love, I don't have a neco so I can't speak of that 1
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Haki is constantly first place on their teams as a mag sorc. The most annoying thing in this game is the kill stealing. I'm sure he's great and I've played on his team before, but having all your kills stolen when your on their team or not, feels very cheap to have taken away by a Mages Fury proc.

You want to balance all the hate against mag sorc, start with this ability. Make their execute require actual timing using strong, but direct damage instead of pre-de-buffing your targets. Tell me how it makes sense that I ultimate someone to execute range, just to have another sorc steal the kill a milesecond after my ultimate hits because it's coded to do exactly that. It doesn't require a GCD in that moment from the sorc because they applied the execute 4seconds in advance.

Changing it to more direct damage would also help it be more viable in pve where sorcs don't even slot the ability anymore. They haven't for years.

I love sorc, but any time I play on a 4 sorc team we almost always win and I'm surrounded by pets cluttering the screen. It's actually funny most of the time, but I can't help but feel like we're stomping other players and that isn't fun either.

In this situation it wasn’t that we were running around kill stealing from everyone. It was 4 mag players going back and forth wiping two stam balls.

If your playstyle is to be an in your face damage dealer then yes stam is better. If your playstyle is to kite them mag is better. If you want to play a selfish build then stam is better. If you cross heal mag is better.

That basicly sums up mag vs stam. The people who’re saying mag is underpowered are probably all solo players or running selfish builds.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we stop the disingenuous posts about magsorc being weak or over the top OP? As a few other posters have pointed out in this thread, they're just "strong". Not OP, not weak. Strong. Competitive. And that's a really good place to be. As a player who plays mostly solo 1vX CP Cyrodiil, they're a good choice but not the best. That award goes to sDK, sDen, sPlar, and mPlar, who all have different reasons why they're so incredibly good. Any of these would be a much better option in most 1vX CP Cyro than mSorc because of the built in heals, more dodge rolls (the best mitigation in the game), 2h, and excellent baseline ultis, which mSorc has none of. I'll talk about mag in BGs in a second, but I have a fair amount of fights I win, and a fair amount of fights I lose. I like it that way. mSorc feels like it has a good amount of weaknesses and a good amount of strengths. I'd love to dive in to what I think really makes mSorc tick, but I think it's a bit off-topic for a general mag thread.

Before we move off of mSorc though, I feel the need to say that justification of mSorc being OP now based on their state a few patches ago is laughable. After the nerfs, shields fall flat against any decent pressure and mSorc build diversity is at an all time low thanks to only max mag controlling shield size... so you can build them any which way, as long as your sets add lots of max mag. Except... there are only really 3 or 4 sets that do that really well. Oops. What mSorc does extremely well is be a noob buster, though. One of the most telegraphed bursts in the game doesn't matter if you don't know what's happening or when to block. Makes you think. mSorc is also not the only mag class available, so using them only as an example of how OP mag characters are is not only wrong because mSorc isn't OP, but because there are lots of other classes who can't perform as mag.

Moving on to mag in general, another weird argument I'm seeing is the assertion that one single BG with one single screen shot where a mag group allegedly bowled over two stam groups is somehow indicative of balance in ALL Bgs and ALL PvP. This is probably the most disingenuous of all, because there are a number of other reasons that one instance could have supported the argument such as bad stam players, cherrypicking, bad group play, cherrypicking, bad movements, bad class comp, cherrypicking, no healers, cherrypicking, cherrypicking. Just to name a few examples. The bottom line: statistics proves that one example is terrible evidence for the whole.

On that note, mag in BGs is really damn good for certain classes. However, you can trace the good performance all the way back to Radiating Regeneration's synergy with a group, Harmony as a trait, and the way Deathmatch is scored. It's not really that mag is great, just that these perform so well in a group setting because of the group healing, overtuned percentage mods on already strong synergies, and all points in deathmatch being allocated to which team got the kill. Radiating regen in particular is thoughtless; you run it and suddenly you're dishing out pretty good team healing, and even more if everyone else is running it too. It probably needs a bit of touching up. Same goes with harmony, but this is really only a mag necro kind of problem. The thing about these two is that they only work in groups, which is why mag seems so good in BGs at the moment. Endless fury is an entirely different problem that (again) only applies in a certain game type in certain situations, but can really go over the top when used right. Is that really a problem with mSorc or mag, or is it a problem with how the BG is scored? The unfortunate truth is that mag's excellent performance in BGs hinges around 3 gimmicks, or thereabouts, not actually on mag skills or potential.

t. mSorc main
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread from inexperinced player who don't know what he is talking about. This is why this game sucks atm cause Zenimax listens to clueless forums.
    Edited by SilverPaws on January 29, 2020 9:09PM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭

When you play a 60k max mag magsorc with 2k spell damage and your crit frags hit for 4k a Nord stamcro which does 4k heal per vigor tick you really just accept the fact that some classes are out of control, mainly stamcros and wardens.
    Not to mention i recieved a 12k onslaught plus a 9k executioner out of this guy.
    I play the highest damage output magsorc possible and no matter how you time and pull your combos perfectly, with few vigor ticks, arctic blass or spirit guard they just outheal your damage even without breaking free lol
    Who else says different it's just blind or play a different game.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a solo magplar player, I really don't think the class is OP. There may be some broken builds out there but I don't have one. I'm constantly in Cyro or IC getting my grill pushed back. Especially when I'm outnumbered.

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In this situation it wasn’t that we were running around kill stealing from everyone. It was 4 mag players going back and forth wiping two stam balls.

If your playstyle is to be an in your face damage dealer then yes stam is better. If your playstyle is to kite them mag is better. If you want to play a selfish build then stam is better. If you cross heal mag is better.

That basicly sums up mag vs stam. The people who’re saying mag is underpowered are probably all solo players or running selfish builds.

But...

Play as you want...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

When you play a 60k max mag magsorc with 2k spell damage and your crit frags hit for 4k a Nord stamcro which does 4k heal per vigor tick you really just accept the fact that some classes are out of control, mainly stamcros and wardens.
    Not to mention i recieved a 12k onslaught plus a 9k executioner out of this guy.
    I play the highest damage output magsorc possible and no matter how you time and pull your combos perfectly, with few vigor ticks, arctic blass or spirit guard they just outheal your damage even without breaking free lol

I'm wearing Julianos and New Moon Acolyte. Over 3000 spell damage unbuffed and guys are laughing off my "burst". I eventually run out of resources and don't have enough magicka to attack or heal if the fight goes on too long. Elemental drain be like, "Aight, Imma head out."
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Mag classes need better stuns.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

Exactly my point.