The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hmm... 🤨

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/thephantomthorn/video/85915346

Notice anything weird?
New level of tank meta. Take 0 damage from anything.

Note I fought this player for a little longer and at no point did their hp drop below 100%

And I know this thread will be removed but I just want to post it anyways
Edited by ThePhantomThorn on January 25, 2020 9:45PM
  • Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting out of hand to be honest, today i fought several of them, i myself a StamDK but *** fights take forever,

Today me and Two of my friends fought 2 guys, StamNecro and a StamWarden, the fight took forever literally 35 minutes of madness!

it surprises me many defend this meta!
    it's NOT fun.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost think that guy was hacking
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You were fighting a MagDK as a stamblade. Unless the person’s terrible you’re going to lose that match-up every time.

It’s hard to tell exactly what happened, but maybe they were using dampen. You should have gone into stealth to recover resources instead of rebuffing right before you died. As soon as cloak broke they leapt and bursted you.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭
    I almost think that guy was hacking

Yup, you would think, until you run into bunch of them, i'm not gonna call for nerfs, it's not my thing and i'm not gonna call out any builds but @ZOS really needs to address this.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other thing is if you look at the tooltip amounts you hit for vs he hit for, either you’re overly glassy or they were in a LA build.

Looks to me more like they were healing through your damage then not taking damage, plus reducing your ranged attacks with wings.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The other thing is if you look at the tooltip amounts you hit for vs he hit for, either you’re overly glassy or they were in a LA build.

Looks to me more like they were healing through your damage then not taking damage, plus reducing your ranged attacks with wings.

You don’t get it. I’d been fighting this player for several minutes. Also afterwards. He never dropped below 100% hp. Not even from any skill.
    Look.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You were fighting a MagDK as a stamblade. Unless the person’s terrible you’re going to lose that match-up every time.

It’s hard to tell exactly what happened, but maybe they were using dampen. You should have gone into stealth to recover resources instead of rebuffing right before you died. As soon as cloak broke they leapt and bursted you.

And no shields. On Xbox when u hit a shield the number is in brackets
    Look closely. The la pi at the start. Deals damage not shielded. Also the dot damage. 100%
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a "tank meta" problem that you burned your all resources? Guess not.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hum, looking again I think one of two things happened. Looking again it showed one hit you did for 5k but his health didn’t budge.

1. UI error where his health did drop but didn’t show on your screen. I know bandit UI is bad for this if you use it, I’ve been in situations where I know as a healer I was spam healing and we were in oil. Watched someone else’s video and it looked almost serene with health bars not moving much in his UI.
    2. Health desync error that glitched his health in cyrodiil
    3. He was cheating

Unless the MagDK was using a resto staff for rapid regen, I’d say it’s 2 or 3. I didn’t see what weapons they were using.

Magdk’s have great self healing, but it’s not stuff that ticks every second and will make it look like they aren’t taking damage.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 26, 2020 6:15AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    What build fo you run? Do you have enough wd and pen?
    I play a magsorc as my main and I play a max mag build, a build with faily big damage output, but everyday it happens i run onto those crazy tanky guys which takes 2 or 3k frags from me and like 4k crit meteor without blocking it (using streak combo to make it land).
    I don't have to tell that they outheal all my damage with few vigor ticks which are higher than my damage to them, or with arctic blast or whatever heal they run, and to be even more "trolly" when they go offensive on me they unleash 10k onslaughts or 8-9k leaps.
    But everytime I highlight this thing people tell me it's only a l2p and they are god players very good animation cancelling and I am bad with my combos (I don't know why they all say this, but okay).
    It's full of cheesy build out there and not matter how good you are, their build does 90% of the job for them.
    I don't think he was a cheater, maybe you received even really big server lag and your hit were not registered properly, or his health was desynced I don't know, but I love when people cry of magdk being a weak class, sure sure.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

You don’t get it. I’d been fighting this player for several minutes. Also afterwards. He never dropped below 100% hp. Not even from any skill.
    Look.

show the whole fight then and not just part of it if you want us to get it....also stuff like hist sap and rapid regen on top of major mending that dks get that produce effects like that and make it seem like they take no damage, stam dks do the same thing with troll king/other high hp regen and vigor.
    Edited by Akinos on January 26, 2020 2:31PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several issues going on. The health bar that doesn’t move is just one of them. Class skills can be fixed also. Skills that seems broken, like the leap from ground to keep.

Just to name a few. I’m suspecting that R&D really don’t have any insight in the different mods and therefor doesn’t take it into consideration. It’s downright cheating. Only good to polish the self esteem off.

Why ever one would want to polish that in a pc game.....
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing you guys don’t sound like you’re aware of is how strong projectile absorption or reduction abilities are.

DK’s have wings that reduces the damage of all projectiles in half. Wardens have an ability that absorbs all projectile damage. Sorcs have ball of lightning that absorbs projectiles too.

So if you’re bow/bow against a warden expect to have a bad time. If you’re a class that’s all projectiles or reliant on projectiles for your burst (magsorcs or MagNB, or medium bow back bar) your damage is going to be way down.

A lot of pvp is rock/paper/scissors. If you’re a magblade, magsorc, etc... you have getaway tools and don’t have to fight people using projectile absorptions. Just peace out and find a better matchup, that’s part of your class’ strengths.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair