Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console has better voice communication?

• apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »
    listening to toxic flamers in pugs? no thank you :# glad pc doesn't have auto voice chat
    It's possible to leave voice channels you don't want to participate in or to switch to a silent channel. On the other hand if in-game-chat does not exist at all, you don't have such option. Even if you might enjoy or need such kind of chat. Additionally, it can be an easy to access backup in case your preferred solution has issues. I know on PC are lots of alternatives but then again, in-game-chat is as easy to use/setup like pressing a button.

The voice quality of in-game chat on PS4 is not the greatest but it's better than nothing. It worked very solid before a few patches before Morrowind when the voice chat bugs kicked in, for example losing group chat when traveling between zones or totally bugged out channels. In comparison, the console's party chat offers the by far superior sound quality with better reliability but it is limited in the number of participants.

I'm glad the game offers voice chat on console, even with its flaws. And I'm sure some PC players might consider this to be an useful benefit, as well. After all, this is one of the few advantages ESO has on console, compared to PC.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    You’re correct, there’s no native voice chat on PC. That’s due to a number of factors on Zeni’s sids. Many of us are exceedingly grateful, because if I had zone chat coming through my headset I would log off and never look back.

Voice chat on console is a feature that can be turned on or off, toggled to “zone, “group,” etc. So there is not constant chat coming through the speakers. Ya, that would suck. Lol.