The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION TETRAFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    I will never understand people's obsession with Wrothgar. Aesthetically it is a well-made zone, especially the northern part with snow and frozen waters, but I didn't find questing there that much enjoyable as many people claim. For me quests in Wrothgar were boring, bland, stale and - to some extent - predictable, especially main questline - so glorified by many on this forum.

Summerset, on the other hand, has many memorable moments, absorbing and 'fresh' questline, both main and side, and visually it is, in my opinion, the most beautiful zone in the entire game so far.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    I'm choosing the zones purely based on looks. I've always prefered the cold north over the warm south
    Edited by Megatto on January 24, 2020 1:13PM
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I really love Worhtgar but Elves > Orcs, any day :smiley:
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    I can't forgive ZOS for the laziness of making every city in Summerset use identical architecture. No sense of character or history to any of them. Imagine if every city in TESV Skyrim looked exactly like Whiterun. That's what ZOS did with Summerset. It's why I'm so glad Chapters focus on one or two cities at a time since then, so they can do the places justice.

Which city from Summerset is this?
    zm6w9kiwv7n01.png
    Correct answer:
    All of them :tongue:

Especially frustrating when their own concept art map showed such an amazing crystalline version of Alinor:
    7eb6c338ec75987491b32ab4bc878f75_artists-rendering-of-summerset-isle_wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg
    I guess they needed more time :disappointed:

Pretty environment design though, I'll give them that :smile:
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    For me Wrothgar main quest and public quest are quests impossible to finish as non of my characters would actively help daedric worshippers (especially Malacath worshippers).

Edit:
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Which city from Summerset is this?
    That is definitely Shimmerene as that is the place of set crafting stations (approximately).
    Edited by Olauron on January 24, 2020 1:22PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Olauron wrote: »
    That is definitely Shimmerene as that is the place of set crafting stations (approximately).
    And that's how you know - not by the architecture, but the layout. Summerset features one city design, in several different layouts.

Edit: It's especially odd when you see how much love they poured into Morrowind's Chapter, with unique architecture for Vivec, Balmora, Ald'Ruhn, Sadrith Mora, and Seyda Neen. So much variety! And the detail of Vivec's mosaic ceilings and the carapace of Skar at Ald'Ruhn is stunning. I don't know how that art team suddenly switches to "You know what? Just copy/paste this one building style absolutely everywhere. That'll do."
    Edited by Darkstorne on January 24, 2020 1:42PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    And that's how you know - not by the architecture, but the layout. Summerset features one city design, in several different layouts.
    By the bridge, staples, etc. Just like I will see the difference of Daggerfall, Wayrest, Evermore; Vulkhen Guard, Velyn Harbor, Haven. I know I will not see the difference of Kragenmoor and Narsis, especially if screenshot is taken from uncommon angle. Morkul and Fharun in Wrothgar are rather non-distinguishable to me.
    one mer to find them,
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset

Edit: It's especially odd when you see how much love they poured into Morrowind's Chapter, with unique architecture for Vivec, Balmora, Ald'Ruhn, Sadrith Mora, and Seyda Neen. So much variety! And the detail of Vivec's mosaic ceilings and the carapace of Skar at Ald'Ruhn is stunning. I don't know how that art team suddenly switches to "You know what? Just copy/paste this one building style absolutely everywhere. That'll do."

Lorewise, it makes sense to me why Summerset would have the same architecture between cities. It has only recently been open to outsiders, so historically it has been very isolated. It is also populated by altmer, who are dedicated to the legacy of their ancestors and making things perfect, not outright changing things. So it makes sense to me that when building cities/etc, they would keep all of the styles the same.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    There is variety on Vvardenfell because Morrowind is not united. Ashlanders and Telvanni, Hlaalu and Indoril, all of them are opposing others. Imperial Seyda Neen is a result of dragon break.
    one mer to find them,
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset wins for me ;) Wrothgar is nice and very well made, but summerset definitely got my vote
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    It looks like this is going to be another close vote.

I was very tempted to vote for Wrothgar, but I eventually went with Summerset because I think it offers a bit more variety in terms of repeatable content-- delves, public dungeons, group bosses, etc. It was mainly the geysers that tipped the scales in favor of Summerset.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    I played summerset again recently on a new character, I didn't remember just how intense the stories were. Family, deaths, murderous abuse, plagues, forbidden love, what it means to be yourself time paradoxes it just has everything.

The beauty is obvious but the storytelling was effecting.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    THIS IS HARRRRDD !

i personally love how vertical overall landmass and city of the wrothgar, but aesthetically speaking, summerset is much more vibrant and beautiful, while snow covered wrothgar at some point become "dull"
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    And the vote is tied! :hushed:
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I like Wrothgar. It set the template upon which future Chapter expansions would model - and most critically, improve upon. Summerset in every way is an improvement upon the template Wrothgar established. It's true that some are going to aesthetically prefer the visuals or story of one zone or the other, but from a technical/design standpoint, Summerset is no contest. The only thing I feel you might be able to argue in Wrothgar's favor is that at the time, it was innovative. Summerset follows and builds upon the template Wrothgar established, but adds far less in terms of new innovations.

Of course, I also just like the Altmer better, as a people, than the Orsimer. And I was beyond thrilled to see an issue of great importance to me actually represented in an RPG - that I did find fresh and innovative. There were also other stories that were equally fresh and innovative. The story in Ebon Standmont? That's some amazing piece of work. The tale in the Illumination Academy? Fantastic. The Direnni Acropolis? Masterful. Sea Keep? And it just goes on and on like that for Summerset...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Thank you @Saucy_Jack for keeping things interesting :)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar stole my heart.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    no question here
    PC EU
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    elves > orcs
    PC EU
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Wrothgar is more than enough summer for me.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    I never understood what people like so much about wrothgar
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Tied dead even :)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Another close one. Fun
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    How can Wrothgar have 50% right now, and Summerset 49? What happened to that last percent? Shouldn't it be 51 and 49?
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    How can Wrothgar have 50% right now, and Summerset 49? What happened to that last percent? Shouldn't it be 51 and 49?

I think it's because of the forums not rounding percentages- it's really 50.84% and 49.16% (rounded to the 10th)
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Side note: I'm much too emotionally invested in this vote. I keep checking every five minutes haha
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar

I think it's because of the forums not rounding percentages- it's really 50.84% and 49.16% (rounded to the 10th)

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Would've probably seen that myself if I had actually bothered to look at the number of votes, instead of just the percentages. :p

And I know what you mean, I keep checking all the time, too. I think it's pretty awesome how close the last two rounds were.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Would've probably seen that myself if I had actually bothered to look at the number of votes, instead of just the percentages. :p

And I know what you mean, I keep checking all the time, too. I think it's pretty awesome how close the last two rounds were.

You'd think it would be able to round to the nearest percent, but apparently not :joy:
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Very close but Wrothgar just gets it by a nose. A massive beautiful area, loads to explore, a fun storyline and Maelstrom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    So I really dislike Elves in general, but Summerset had some pretty neat questlines AND the environment was gorgeous in places, and I'm biased toward exploration.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!