Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
  • Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On first look: the two new houses are outstanding. The thieves one may be too ambitious & huge, but still - amazing.

The Redguard Fence, Wooden is not previewable nor is it placeable. (But I'm super excited for it all the same.)

3huimo757jgp.png
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I think the patch notes said that the Elsweyr blue patterns would be 30 vouchers, but they're 20.

t1cy2l84xxqt.png

Edit: derp.
    Edited by reoskit on January 21, 2020 12:39AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Housing, including the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
    • Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

One of the first things I typically check out on the new PTS, while more physically skilled players check out the combat balances, is Housing. Especially since this is where I spend a lot of my time these days in game.

First off, I would like to say that the two new houses to come for sale with Update 25 look really nice. They are HUGE... and with that come issues.

I feel ZOS isn't understanding what exactly we as players are asking for with new housing.
    - A moderate sized home with a moderate to large sized property that can be furnished with the max 700 item slots you give us.

What do we receive this patch?
    - 2 Large sized properties with 1 moderate sized home and an additional small home on one (Forgemaster Falls) with a 600 item limit, and 2 large homes on a large property(Thieves' Oasis), with only a 700 item limit.

In addition to this, the Thieves Oasis, while it looks amazing on the outside, the windows placement and design don't match between the inside and outside at all!!!!
    It's like someone came up with a nice design and then slapped it all together quickly at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, the outside environment looks amazing, but... it's obvious the feedback the housing community has been providing just isn't being listened too.

The items being offered at the master writ vendor are nice, though honestly, they are 1 DLC late and I was hoping to see something more...... DLC oriented being offered.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    From the patch notes:

Forgemaster Falls: Thunderous waterfalls, an imposing smithy, and a magnificent view of the Great Bay make this brisk coastal village the perfect refuge for adventurers seeking a rugged Orcish lifestyle.

This home includes a built-in blacksmithing station!

Frankly, Thieves Oasis seems more like a village than Forgemaster Falls. Thieves Oasis feels something like a (very small) neighborhood in Abah's Landing. I would divide the two "houses" into six. I'm pretty sure I'll try that on PTS.

Edit: For anyone out of the housing circle (like me) EHT seems to work with the new client.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on January 21, 2020 1:59PM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pics of Forgemaster falls to share?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I did was try and swim to Forgemaster Falls to make sure it exists in the world and not just where the boat floats off into imaginary land. But you knew I would do that didn't you? As the slaughter fish nibbled their way up to my knees, I found it's silhouette in a foggy blur a distance a way from me. I felt satisfied.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no icon on the Rivenspire map to access the Forgemaster Falls house. I purchased it from the Crown Store but I didn't set it as my primary house so I no longer have easy access to it. I didn't see an icon for it in either Bangkorai or Wrothgar. The Thieves Oasis in Bangkorai has a map icon so I can access it again.

ETA: The house icon is north of Morkul since that is where the boat is to take you to the house. The maps for both Rivenspire and Wrothgar show your arrow indicator as being in that zone when you're in the house so the icon placement is just weird given where the house actually is (north of Old Orsinium).
    Edited by LonePirate on January 21, 2020 4:26AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First brief look.... beautiful settings but, again for the 10th time, very large for the restrictive item counts.
    (edited after spending more time at Forgemaster - I believe Forgemaster is just workable at 600 although restrictive, but not a hope can you decorate Thieves'Oasis with only 700 items)
    Can I please suggest as part of the QC process for these homes that a designer actually tries to furnish these properties in the future with the items counts before releasing them. It feels as if you guys never actually play housing like we do and don't actually try to decorate these homes with the item restrictions we have.
    I'm trying to say this in the most constructive way but I don't think you're understanding what we're constantly asking for. You keep giving us properties where the size doesn't match the item count. You keep giving us vast sprawling areas that would take 1000's of slots to decorate or when you do get the size right, like lucky cat or Frostvault, you cut the item limit down so it's still too restrictive to try decorate the areas within the item limit. You're always leaving us about 200 items short. This becomes particularly frustrating when you dangle these extra slots in front of us in the form of trophy slots and special collectibles. The new redgaurd town is a great example of this. You tell us 700 items is the max but it factually isn't, because you allow another 130 slots for trophies, specially collectibles etc. Why not just give us the max item limits and let us decide what kind of items we use that limit for. Especially if you are going to continue to constantly ignore the overwhelming feedback and design houses that always have item limits too small for their size.
    Edited by Zypheran on January 22, 2020 4:15PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The master writ furnishings are beautiful but should have been released with Dragonhold
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS you really need to reconsider the mats required for some of the items from the writ vendor.
    2 shimmering sand, and a truck load of other mats just for a basket of bread???!!!! I'm sorry but that's just rediculous! What's the point in bringing out a handful of items with each dlc only to assign them excessive crafting requirements. It really really seems like you don't like housing :'(
    dskxlpbmrwl0.jpg
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    ZOS you really need to reconsider the mats required for some of the items from the writ vendor.
    2 shimmering sand, and a truck load of other mats just for a basket of bread???!!!! I'm sorry but that's just rediculous! What's the point in bringing out a handful of items with each dlc only to assign them excessive crafting requirements. It really really seems like you don't like housing :'(
    Given that fresh produce in barrels in delves, etc. apparently stays good for hundreds of years, reasonable ingredients would have been wood, wheat, and almost nothing else.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    On first look: the two new houses are outstanding. The thieves one may be too ambitious & huge, but still - amazing.

The Redguard Fence, Wooden is not previewable nor is it placeable. (But I'm super excited for it all the same.)

3huimo757jgp.png

Can we get this fixed please. So many of us have been asking for fences and please add fences for each style and not just large. Make small, medium and large sizes in each style and have a fence piece with working door please. The more items you add the more money you make $$ crowns for cash
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    dskxlpbmrwl0.jpg

And why does a bread basket require perfect roe? O.o I totally agree — it’s crazy how many relatively rare materials are required for what should be basic furnishings. I mean, the bread basket looks nice but it’s not some magical sparkling animated thing that should require a collection of rare materials! :unamused:
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have previewd both homes, and both are great! I'm really not into Orc, but the long house is something that has been asked for many times, so thank you for listening. I do love the built in forge.... would love to have the Bed Of Coals more readily available so I could build something similar in Redguard homes.

The Theives Oasis: This is what I wanted in an Abah's Landing home! Not a palace, something that looked like it belonged in the city! The side rooms will make a nice museum, or can be easily blocked off to limit space. THANK YOU for the fully restored statues around the pool! I've wanted one for my home since housing came out! I also love that I can play *on* the waterfall! Love all the secret nooks in this place, even if I won't have enough slots to decorate them all.

I have not looked at new furnishings coming, because it won't matter. Even if we make a request here, we know housing is more of a teaser than an actual request for feedback.

Edit: Where ARE the new furnishings? Nothing in the purchase tab is marked NEW. I have the statue of Ja'darri. It's fine, but the head angle make placement awkward.

For those asking why a bread basket requires perfect Roe: it's a legendary recipe. All gold recipes use a gold item from that skill line. Kuta for Praxis, usually Malachite for Formulas (why not Viridian glass I have WAY more of that).

Now, could we get some MEDIUM and SMALL sized homes please? Wrothgar is the one of zones where I do not own any homes. I don't want a large Orc home because I do not like Orc style; however I would buy a small apartment in Orsinium. While I really do want the Lakemire Xanmeer, I cannot justify the cost only to have a home in Murkmire. A small apartment in Lilmoth would be nice.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 21, 2020 8:11PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After what feels like complaining for a whole year (from the 'Dwemer' house that doesn't match Dwemer furniture colours, to Wraithhome's wall and floor patterns that were carelessly attached at terrible non-lined-up angles, all the way to the deluge of mouldy Elsweyr homes throughout the rest of the year), I'm finally able to give positive feedback! :smiley: I'm so glad! I was incredibly happy to see the additions this patch, ZOS, you really did a great job! :cookie: Cookies to you all!
    1) What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Forgemaster's Falls: Orcish Longhouses have been requested since Homestead launched, as they are a much more iconic Orcish building than the vanilla Orc houses we got. And finally, it's here! :blush: And it's really nice. The setting and the vibe of the place suits the house (wish it was snowy but I guess you're saving that for Greymoor), and it was great to finally see the Forge and Longhouse models used in Housing. I liked the arrangement of having three different buildings, and making the Blacksmithing Station interactable was a nice touch! The well was a great addition to the game too.

Thieves' Oasis: Another superb addition and utilisation of previously unused styles! You used the muddy Hew's Bane box-window exteriors which suit a shady desert outpost perfectly! The interiors were also fab to look at, the textures there (and the fence especially) were great. :smile: The Yokudan portion was also a nice addition, since we only saw this style briefly in Earthtear Caverns, which was far more ruined. The two buildings on the sides, with several stories and rooftop access captured the thief aesthetic perfectly, and seeing the Yokudan statues and all the tombs and passageways gave this Oasis house a lot of character and depth.

The layout actually reminded me of some amazing fan builds people have created (shoutout to all ESO housing builders :star: ), and it will be great to have such a house ingame by default without having to spend 400+ slots just trying to create the buildings from scratch! A great addition!

2) Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?

I have to praise you again, seriously, the Light Intensity Setting on the Pride of Alkosh statue was great to see!!! Could it be that you actually read the Forums? :smiley: People often complain about Lighting (some are way too bright, but most are too dim to light our huge houses), so this was a great toggle-able setting! Can we please get more Light Intensity Settings on more Lighting furnishings in the future too?

Master Writ additions were good, although I can already tell that a few of these won't be used much as there are very similar cheaper alternatives already out there. Adding the purchasable Elsweyr schematics was nice (even though they were always easier to get thanks to the Dragons, compared to other DLC schematics), so it's cool that you listened to our request for liking a reliable way of obtaining blueprints.

Edit: And how could I forget, you actually added the Anniversary Cakes as furnishings too!!! :heart: This was also requested, and it's an awesome addition! It's a bit of a shame that they are single-placed furniture that cost Event Tickets and thus won't be available on demand, but it's still very nice. Please do this for other Mementos too, such as the CWC projector globe thingy, or the Wrothgar axe. That would give us (who don't care about all the Indriks) something to spend Event Tickets on.

3) Do you have any other general feedback?

You probably don't need to be told yet again, but the item limit in the 700 slot houses is too low. I think the Orcish house may actually be the right size, but the Oasis is one of those huge impossible-to-furnish ones again. We get it that consoles are a limiting factor, but Elara, Zypheran, myself, and many others have suggested ideas to change the item limits somehow:
    • Such as increasing item slots but assigning higher item count to animated and FX furnishings (so that a four-sided fountain or giant lit-up Clockwork Tile doesn't count as the same as a tiny fork),
    • or by merging collectable and regular item limits (e.g. total item limit of 1000, of which 1000 can be regular furnishings but of which only up to 100 can be collectables, 20 special collectables, etc.),
    • or at the very least adding more Cluster type items (we can get 6 ferns and 3 palm trees in 1 cluster item taking up 1 slot, but still need to place a Quill, Inkwell and Paper separately - come on... please).

And another long standing issue, the interiors and the exteriors usually don't match, which is quite noticeable in the Thieves' Oasis due to the material and window placement differences between the inside and outside of the house.
    But overall, I'm really pleased with the Housing additions in this Patch, I think it shows that the Housing team has been listening to (some, if not all) our concerns and complaints on the Forums, and seeing a lot of these addressed is much appreciated. :smile: I'm honestly (finally) looking forward to Housing additions again, and will definitely buy one of the houses, or depending on how much they will cost maybe even both!
    Edited by bluebird on January 21, 2020 6:23PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Where ARE the new furnishings? Nothing in the purchase tab is marked NEW. I have the statue of Ja'darri. It's fine, but the head angle make placement awkward.
    There are a few added furnishings in the Editor's Purchase Tab. Some trees, a bush cluster, the Orcish Well, and the Redguard fence. Brows through the categories, there are a few 'New' ones out there.

There are also new Writ furnishings, new Furnishing drops from the Dungeons, and the Undaunted achi furnishings too.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?
    These are the only two big properties that I'm tempted to buy. We'll get more land than the houses of the same size already available, but the landscape and the fact that there are more buildings, make them less complicated to decorate within the limits.

Forgemaster Falls: I didn't read its description and was confused when I first entered due to how many buildings there are in it. My first idea while wandering around the property was to make it into an Orc Village with that communal hall at the back.

One note: It's possible I'm confused because I was tired when I checked the houses, but to me the Forgemaster house (the small building across from the forge) seems to be bigger on the inside.

Thieves' Oasis: It's amazing. Like I said, I was tired when I checked the new houses out, but this one seems smaller in property size than the Forgemaster one. This isn't a complaint, btw, just an observation. I appreciate the fact that there is less land available, as this allow us to put more details into the decoration of the houses.

I was a little underwhelmed by the fact that both houses seem to be mirror images of one another, but it gives me the change to decorate each one differently, instead of having to take everything down and start again.

There were two details that caught my eye, when entering the house on the right (with the char's back to the entrance of the instance), there was a reflection on the ceiling of the lower floor in the room furthest away from the door. I looked around to see if there was a window or source of light, but there is nothing there that would cause such a thing. IIRC there was no source of light that would match that on the second floor either.

The blowing sand (which, personally, I could live without) is blowing from the wrong direction and its placement is odd. Wind blowing over a body of water shouldn't stir up sand.
    The oasis is surrounded by rocks, almost as it's inside a hole, so if there was to be sand blowing, it would either roll over above the whole property or concentrate near the entrance.

Overall I like both properties very much. Kudos to the housing team for coming up with ideas to occupy large spaces without having to resort to extraneous walls (cough Lucky Cat cough).
    I'm very happy that there will be a proper house in Wrothgar. The idea of including a crafting station is very clever, and the fact that it's a forge (which I've been trying to do in a few of my houses) is fantastic.

Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?

I've only checked the ones acquired through master writs as I'm not sure where to look for the others. Are they in the housing editor?

Both the bread basket and the gong have very low res. I assume this will be fixed before launch.
    The bread basket is a very welcomed addition as it will save several slots.
    Edited again: the Khajiit game also has low res

Do you have any other general feedback?

Please consider reintroducing houses we can buy for gold. Please consider reintroducing smaller houses (200 and 400 slots)*. These are gateway "drugs" so to speak to housing in general, and many people prefer to work with houses that size as they are less intimidating and cost less to decorate.

IMO smaller properties shouldn't have all the bells and whistles of bigger ones. Take the Lucky Cat, for example. It's only smaller in name. The house and the area around it are too large.
    I understand that the views and sense of a larger property had to be there to entice people to buy, but it only makes the buyers frustrated when after investing real money and in-game currency they cannot make the space they bought feel lived in.

* For reference of what I mean when I say smaller houses, think Snugpod and the Exorcised Coven Cottage.

Edited by KMarble on January 21, 2020 8:20PM
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please, PLEASE, get some more furnishing slots this year? Those 3 new craftable sets make 12 new pieces needing to be added this year on top of the 24 being added in the chaper and zone for those craftable sets. Us guildhalls are running out of room to place things, we need more slots or to give tables there own special furnishing slots.
    Edited by The702Guy on January 21, 2020 6:43PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that lots of housing folks have created small towns, the beauty with Thieves Oasis is that we’re not wasting item slots on building components. There’s enough space to be really flexible and pick which pieces you want to make your own. I’m probably going to end up blocking off most of the inside spaces, considering them to be other people’s homes in this town. That’ll leave me 700 items to fill my own little townhouse, some shops, and the public square.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but the more I think on it, TO feels like a really great, flexible space. Try not to lament the fact that you probably won’t fill the whole thing, especially since this place lends itself to being partitioned.

(Inb4 pitchforks. I wholeheartedly support smaller homes with 600+ slots, homes available for gold, etc.)

Edit: punctuation.
    Edited by reoskit on January 21, 2020 8:13PM
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    Hey! So, I run a pretty decently sized Roleplay guild and we love both village-type housing plots. They are great for a roleplay community that runs a town-style guild. That being said, there are a couple issues that still stand out--greatly so.

1. The Player population capacity is still a bit too small. For the Forgemaster town, it's just puny, with only twelve players allowed in. We don't need a 50 player capacity by any means, but doubling this number would be beneficial in helping us to consider buying this. As for the Redguard village, it's just a bit too small for us to use. While our numbers rarely peak 25 to 30 players, they still do during the peak months, which makes this a no-go for us. We would absolutely love to use it, but the population capacity will keep us roleplaying in the overworld for the time being. No money from us!

2. You saw this coming: The Item limit is still too low. I won't put nearly as much effort into this explanation, as everyone else has covered it for me: The item limit is just still way too low, for houses of this scale. Raise it a few hundred, and we'll reconsider. But, still, the population cap is far more dire for us at this point.

Please raise the population capacity!
    Edited by Kashya_Vulano on January 25, 2020 1:11AM
  • Dralora
    Dralora
    Soul Shriven
    Hey! So, I run a pretty decently sized Roleplay guild and we love both village-type housing plots. They are great for a roleplay community that runs a town-style guild. That being said, there are a couple issues that still stand out--greatly so.

1. The Player population capacity is still a bit too small. For the Forgemaster town, it's just puny, with only twelve players allowed in. We don't need a 50 player capacity by any means, but doubling this number would beneficial in helping us consider buying this. As for the Redguard village, it's just a bit too small for us to use. While our numbers rarely peak 25 to 30 players, they still do during the peak months, which makes this a no-go for us. We would absolutely love to use it, but the population capacity will keep us roleplaying in the overworld for the time being. No money from us!

2. You saw this coming: The Item limit is still too low. I won't put nearly as much effort into this explanation, as everyone else has covered it for me: The item limit is just still way too low, for houses of this scale. Raise it a few hundred, and we'll reconsider. But, still, the population cap is far more dire for us at this point.

This, please! Especially with the performance updates, this would only make sense. Plus, like y'all said you'd raise the caps a long time ago and never did.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Theives Oasis: when I saw screenshots I cried: take my money!!! But... I tried it on PTS. No, I don't want it anymore. An awesome place by all means, but that ever-lasting sandstorm makes it unpleasant. Dear ZOS, please, spend some time RPing in that place. Outdoors. It is awful. I'd love to make streets busy with trade - yet who would want to strall for shopping in the middle of a sadnstorm? I'd love to create an amazing resort area near the water, yet who would want to have fun when sand is blinding the eyes?

WHY?! Why does every great house in ESO MUST HAVE AN EPIC FAULT?! Mould, sandstorm, unmatching windows, darkest darkness - or combination of these - WHY?!

Ok - maybe someone wants the sand to blow in all directions. Please, give us an op tion to turn the sandstorm on/off...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on January 22, 2020 5:36AM
  • ThoraldGM
    ThoraldGM
    ✭✭✭
    The Thieves' Oasis is all of the things mentioned above: ambitious, huge, fab, awesome.

And it desperately cries out for the addition of grapple points.

I wanted grapple points in my Hakkvild's when they came out, but no grappling hooks in the Thieves' Oasis is a huge missed opportunity. Homes like these are giant playgrounds and we can only do so much with ladders / walkways.

• Rizi
    Rizi
    ✭✭

1. The Player population capacity is still a bit too small. For the Forgemaster town, it's just puny, with only twelve players allowed in. We don't need a 50 player capacity by any means, but doubling this number would beneficial in helping us consider buying this. As for the Redguard village, it's just a bit too small for us to use. While our numbers rarely peak 25 to 30 players, they still do during the peak months, which makes this a no-go for us. We would absolutely love to use it, but the population capacity will keep us roleplaying in the overworld for the time being. No money from us!

This this this, this this this!

The population is SO small! It's not really too small for most people, but you also gotta know that most people who buy small towns aren't just using it to bring their 3 friends in and show it off, it's gonna be used! Raise the big house player caps to 40 or 50 please!
  • BrantRecon
    BrantRecon
    ✭✭
    I've finally signed up for this forum just to say that the player cap is dismally low for the locales that we're getting. At 24 players for the biggest homes, you can't even facilitate an active guild community in one, which seems like it should've been one of the biggest selling points for Notable homes in the first place. Why make such big spaces that cost so much money yet can't even allow a fraction of a guild to be together in at the same time?

Onward to the questions asked.
    1. Thieve's Oasis is easily a new potential favorite. If I could actually use it for guild purposes instead of being a glorified ghost town, I'd totally consider owning it. But it does beg the question as to why make "homes" that look more like small towns yet don't fit really that much. Unless that cap is getting ready to change...?
    2. Furniture feels like it's getting to be less scatterbrained in terms of purposes it serves and more fundamentally useful. Though I feel like it's hard to take advantage of this growing catalog of items with the current prop limit (for members). Perhaps that should be raised too?
    3. See above about the player cap. I think that's more important than anything else as housing continues to evolve and expand. Additionally, I think the prop cap also needs to be reevaluated. I get why it's there, but it seems outdated now that the catalog of items is growing so vast. Perhaps change it to a budget, where items cost more or less depending on their performance hit, instead of there being just a static number. That way those who have 100 sweetrolls can litter their house and still have enough of a budget to adequately decorate the rest of it, while nobody can accidentally slide 700 particle laced butterfly fields that lags everyone out the moment they enter. For example, check out Halo Reach's Forge mode and how it uses a budget system.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback

Guys, do you really use any of the feedback we provide? The overwhelming feedback is that people do not want these large manors which cannot be properly decorated using 600 or 700 slots with the furnishings you provide! If you can't increase the item cap, then release more furnishings which are a group of items, like filled book cases, planters with soil, shelves with clutter, display cases with stuff, armor/weapon racks etc. Most of the stuff you release is great, it is obvious that the team is extremely talented, but the rate in which you release new furnishings is very slow, it is frustrating.

We are testing the prologue for the Skyrim DLC yet we get more Khajiit stuff. Why? How many people asked for more khajiit stuff? OK, anything new regarding furnishings is welcomed, but how about the long list of stuff we keep requesting for YEARS? Stuff that is already in the game, but cannot be used by players.

My suggestion for houses is to have a flexible amount of slots that could be increased with crowns or gold. I would pay 1500 crowns for 100 slots for my favourite home, and I am sure many people would feel the same. So make more medium houses which could be upgraded to your gravitational constant limit of 700 slots :disappointed:

The bread basket is great. I am not sure we really needed an other fountain, but fine. More building blocks of all styles please!
    Edited by kind_hero on January 22, 2020 8:38AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    like filled book cases, ..., shelves with clutter, display cases with stuff, armor/weapon racks etc.
    While we are at it, the best possible way to provide such furnishings is to implement toggles. We have 'on' and 'off' toggles for lighting furnishings, sometimes we have toggles for different colours or different intensity. Why not use this for 'empty', 'half filled', 'full filled' book cases, shelves with different clutter, etc?
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has had a look now at both of the new properties.

The orc place has potential. With plenty of trees and the right plants it could look a lot less orc. The forge might make for a nice bread oven perhaps. The waterside is beautiful this one only wishes the choice of architecture had been Nord - yes this one knows there will be Nord like things coming later but the coastal location lent itself so well to that choice.

The oasis - interesting - many curious little hideaway places. The perpetual dust storm though - on no it is awful. A dust storm from time to time perhaps but all the time? How can we go outside? There will be dust in the drinks all the time. The washing will never be clean and dry. Please put up some sort of magical dust storm barrier if you could please.

Of course the item limits frustrate our ambitions in places such as this but this one is ever hopeful that one distant day that may change - so she works with what we have now and plans and dreams of greater possibilities.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZombieMayhem
    ZombieMayhem
    ✭✭

I love them both! The built-in blacksmithing station is a great touch!

-Forgemaster Falls: Add a Skyforge-esque secret cave! Behind the waterfall would be perfect. All it has to be is one small room, but it could have SO many possibilities. Especially as a RP guild house.

-Right now, you have each house assigned a certain number of slots for each different type of item.
    What if, when you buy a house, that house come with those slots, but they could get redistributed amongst the player's owned houses. That way you can take away a slot or two from one house and put it on another. Then set up the housing system, so that any house designated as a guildhouse, can have XX% higher item slot cap than regular houses.
    OR just simplify it all and say you can take slots away from private houses to boost a guildhouse up to XX% of that house's item slots.

-Add armor racks that can be kept in houses, where you can keep your complete PVE/PVP set and just hit one button to swap everything out and head out to the battle grounds.

-Add furniture item(s) that can be interacted with (wardrobes, barrels, etc) to created secret doors/rooms.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like Forgemaster Falls, with the built-in forge and the longhouse. The outdoor space and size of the buildings is a good size for a large (600 slot) home. I don't think I'd have any problems decorating it, but I'm not a builder, so YMMV. Depending on the price (and whether my concern in the next paragraph is addressed), I may pick this one up, even though Orc architecture is one of my least favorite. Oh...and still awaiting a nice small/medium home (or apartment) in Orsinium.

My concern about this home, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, is that the longhouse has no door and is treated as an exterior space, meaning that on consoles, at least, it will rain in the longhouse. Can you please put a door on the longhouse and make it an interior space like the forgemaster's residence? I know you can do this, as Amaya has two interior spaces - the main house and the workshop (not to mention the upper floor as a separate interior space).

As for the Thieve's Oasis - I pretty much disliked it. I'm not interested in a home that's supposed to be a town, so this is a really easy, no-brainer pass for me. And, I really don't see how anyone can decorate it properly without blocking off parts of it. Similar to my hopes for Wrothgar, I'm still looking for a small/medium home - even an apartment - in Abah's Landing.

Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?

The Master Writ furnishings are nice, overall, but I agree with the sentiment that the Season of the Cat is over. Please stop giving us cat stuff (that goes for ESO+ statuettes, too).

There is a very noticeably small selection of new items in the housing editor. I missed the fence, and only saw about 3 trees and a shrub...oh and the Orc well, which is nice. But, overall, a pretty paltry selection of new housing items, especially given all the requests for items that are already in-game. And please, for the love of Azura, please provide the bed of coals in the housing editor, as it's ALREADY a housing item. I can guarantee that this item would fly off the shelves. I've purchased only a handful of cheap items from the housing editor (some book rows when library items were on sale - that's it!), but I would definitely buy this item, not only for Quandom, which is noticeably missing this furnishing, but to build forges or whatever else.

While I'm happy that at least one of the homes isn't a giant notable monstrosity and rather a reasonably-sized large home, I'd still love to see more medium/small homes and even apartments. Frostvault and Lucky Cat were both great medium homes. I haven't done much with Frostvault, so the item limit may be more restrictive there, but for Lucky Cat, I only have the small details left to add, and I've still got 150 slots left to do it. I'm hopeful that you're continuing to work on homes that are not the way-too-large notables, and I'm hopeful that some of them will be available to purchase with gold. And, that we will see at least one of these more reasonably-sized homes in each of the DLC areas - you did it with Dragonhold.

ETA: I think there are several things that you can do to alleviate the slot issue, esp. for players that are very detail oriented and/or builders. I like detail, but am willing to sacrifice some to be able to stay within the slot limits. I've definitely bumped up against the slot limit in the homes that are at the upper edge of their size category. These have all been mentioned before, but I believe are worth mentioning again:

--More clutter items. I like the suggestion above about a toggle for this, so you can have unfilled, half-filled, or filled bookcases. Same could work for tables, desks, etc.

--More structural items. I don't get why you're slowly doling out a handful of these items every once in a while. Surely adding more structural items for builders would provide much happiness among your housing enthusiasts. A suite of items of varying sizes and textures would go a long way toward easing item limit woes.

--Slot upgrades for non-notable homes. I understand you wanting to maintain distinctions between your notable monstrosities and the homes at all lower tiers. If a medium home were able to have 700 slots, it might make the notables less attractive. But, they already are, since, while impressive, most are far too large to decorate within the 700 slot limit. I think a good solution might be to allow a home to be upgraded to the next tier. So, a medium home (200/400) could get additional slots to make it 300/600. A large home (300/600) could be upgraded to 350/700. Each home would be upgraded individually, and ideally cost gold OR crowns.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 22, 2020 8:29PM