The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buying Expansion through Steam

WoW_Refugee
WoW_Refugee
✭✭
I've been trying to buy the Greymoor Collector's Edition Upgrade through the ESO Store for a couple of days now, but my purchase keeps getting rejected. My bank is adamant that the problem isn't on their end, and Bethesda's support is utterly useless, so I figured I'd try to buy it through Steam instead. I don't generally have Steam running while I play ESO, though, and I don't particularly want it running while I play ESO. If I buy the upgrade through Steam, will I need to have Steam running while I play ESO?
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, don't buy the upgrade through Steam Unless you already have a Steam connected ESO account. Having your ESO account linked to Steam requires you to launch ESO with Steam (for access to expansions/subscriptions through Steam), unless your account was created before the Steam integration (which was years ago)
    Edited by Pinesy on January 18, 2020 5:35PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to buy the entire game over again on steam if you buy it on steam- steam content does not mix with content bought directly from ZOS, and vice versa. Do not buy it on steam if you do not already play through steam.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die