The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I really enjoy not having to log in during this period of time

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I mean it, I don't hate this game, but I really need to take a break from it from time to time

No event that giving tickets, daily login reward this month can be ignored, all horses are fed, for once in a long time I finally don't have to log in at all

I hope next time I get in would be for exciting new contents than another "hohoho if you don't do it you are gonna miss an indrik mount"
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events are optional content. They do nothing for your character but cosmetics. Even when they add bonus exp you don't need to do the event to get the extra exp. IMO I don't play content I'm not enjoying.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO+ free trial.

You will be made to log in.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Cosmetics are not an optional thing for some people, specially RPrs. I agree it is nice to not feel fomo pressured into loging in. Events are fun, but it feels like there is always one going which makes them not so special anymore. As with all things in life, balance is key.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes there's too much event chaining in TESO, events have to stay what they're supposed to be, a little event break feels good ;)

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetics are not an optional thing for some people, specially RPrs.

I know, right?

"Cosmetics are optional" is inane.

This isn't a MUD. That's a text based MMO for you younglings. MMOs are a visual medium.

Practically EVERYTHING is cosmetic!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I mean it, I don't hate this game, but I really need to take a break from it from time to time

No event that giving tickets, daily login reward this month can be ignored, all horses are fed, for once in a long time I finally don't have to log in at all

I hope next time I get in would be for exciting new contents than another "hohoho if you don't do it you are gonna miss an indrik mount"

Not logging into the game is definitely a player's choice and totally fine ...

However, making a forums declaration with some shaky reasoning probably isn't the best way to express that choice.

1. No player is required to participate in Events or acquire an Indrik mount. They are optional. Grinding tickets and acquiring feathers and berries are only in a player's state of mind.

2. Daily login rewards are a freebie mainly designed for new players. Veteran players downplaying them as "ignored" borders on that slippery slope of entitlement. Especially when the timing of this post occurs when a 100k gold reward is just a few days away.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 18, 2020 9:12PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like OP just likes grinds vs actually playing the game.

Long ago I turned my back to events as I prefer to play the game vs the game play me. If the event coincides with what I want to do or I just fell like chilling in game with nonsense quests then fine. Otherwise I ignore the events.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even care for the events anymore I have more mounts, skins, pets and outfits then I care to have at this point and the fact you can get event tickets relatively easy doesn't make the stuff you buy with them exceptionally rare other than any new achievements that come with certain events I skip them completely.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, making a forums declaration with some shaky reasoning probably isn't the best way to express that choice.

Are you serious?

Who do you think you are to be telling anyone how and where they should be talking about the game?

Who?!!!!!!!

And of course here is the best place to talk about the game, and serious issues like the nearly non-stop special events and godawful ticket grind.

It really does suck fun out of the game. If players feel relieved to log out or not to have to log in at all that's serious. And that's the reality.

I'm not going to be cruel and report the actual numbers but we all saw that ESO didn't reach its second viewership goal for their big reveal a few days ago. Didn't even come close. Last year there were many more viewers.

Event exhaustion is probably partly to blame. Yes I may have logged in more to for the damned tickets because once I started collecting them I figured I should finish the set. But having hated that so much I'm most likely to just choose to ignore whatever this year's equivalent is if they do it again.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you feel a lack of compulsion to log in fyi: ESO+ free trial is on. Time to dump those mats and dye your costumes.
    (If you are not interested of logging in without a reason I assume you do not already have ESO+.)

• ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weekend the undaunted event was running was my birthday. I was gone most of that time and couldn't be arsed to log in and run a dungeon, even though I like running dungeons. It was nice.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I find it interesting people feel the NEED to play a game and even more of NEED to log in to do what they see as mundane tasks, but really are 100% optional.

I went from the Anniversary event to the Witches Festival last year without even really logging in. And didnt bother to collect tickets again until New life and only then collected them at a leisurely pace. I could not imagine feeling like i must log in or must do task X when i play instead of just doing whatever i want.

I find it a weird concept for a "hobby" to be treated like a job that you pay to be at.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean it, I don't hate this game, but I really need to take a break from it from time to time ...

Not logging into the game is definitely a player's choice and totally fine ...

1. No player is required to participate in Events or acquire an Indrik mount. They are optional. Grinding tickets and acquiring feathers and berries are only in a player's state of mind.

2. Daily login rewards are a freebie mainly designed for new players. Veteran players downplaying them as "ignored" borders on that slippery slope of entitlement. Especially when the timing of this post occurs when a 100k gold reward is just a few days away.

When a body has to get off their high indrik. :smiley:

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I know, right?

This isn't a MUD. That's a text based MMO for you younglings. MMOs are a visual medium.

Yes, but you can still be selective in what you go for.

There will be a few people who genuinely love the Indriks so much that they want one in every colour.

However, quite a lot of people don't even like them and yet, still apparently feel the need to collect all of them.

That doesn't make much sense, unless perhaps you are enjoying doing the events.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should finish the set.

When you go to a shop, do you feel you have to buy a style of shoes in every colour, even if you don't like all of them, or not buy the shoes, at all?

Or, even worse, do you feel you have to buy a style of shoes you don't even particularly like, in every colour?

That's how to look at this, I think.

Not as a "Gotta catch 'em all!" situation, but as a purchase.

This purchase involves your time, not your money (or not directly, anyway), but it amounts to pretty much the same thing.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 19, 2020 7:47AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO+ free trial.

You will be made to log in.

Those used to give you a reward if you were already subsribed. No longer.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, right?

I miss MUDS. Had a lot of fun in Mirkwood back in the 90's.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Limited time events have really taken a toll on my enjoyment of the game. Sometimes it felt like tedious daily chores I can't neglect by FOMO.
    Edited by VerboseQuips on January 19, 2020 11:31AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)