The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

I met an honest Magsorc in a BG the other day:

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
Blue is me, red is the Sorc.
OoiXO8O.png
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know if it’s honest, moreso someone with perspective.

Most of the sorcs who were driving more NB nerfs only played sorcs. They build really glassy and then think about the times a stam came and bursted then and asked for more buffs.

Anyone who’s played both knows they’re delusional.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 18, 2020 3:58PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer MUST be more powerful than the others!!! is logic
    how many times is MAGIC and magical powers that represent power in this game? ALL THE TIME
    so how a single knife (same for swords. axes .....) can by more powerful than the might of magic? never that is the answer and that is why magical class must be more powerful. (stmina "sorcerers" are NOT sorcerers!)
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Most of the sorcs who were driving more NB nerfs only played sorcs. They build really glassy and then think about the times a stam came and bursted then and asked for more buffs.

Just out of curiosity, what specifically were Sorcs asking to be nerfed on NBs? I wasn't around for that.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    how many times is MAGIC and magical powers that represent power in this game? ALL THE TIME
    so how a single knife (same for swords. axes .....) can by more powerful than the might of magic? never that is the answer and that is why magical class must be more powerful. (stmina "sorcerers" are NOT sorcerers!)

All the power of your sparkle flinging, and a decapitated head will still make you dead...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, what specifically were Sorcs asking to be nerfed on NBs? I wasn't around for that.

Basicly everything, nerf NB threads were half the threads. Whenever there was anything that could have helped magblade there was a chorus of asking to nerf it into the ground.

A bunch of DK mains piped in too because they saw NBs as the reason wings were nerfed.

At the same time almost everyone were already saying NBs were only so so and being excluded from pvp guilds. The devs then did a pass and gutted the toolkit to remove ‘overlap’

A lot of people don’t play a lot but still post their opinions. You usually get outdated nerf requests on classes that have already been toned down, this happened to NB big time.

Plus there was a lot of L2P involved. People used to wear divines and infused in pvp and be really prone to ganking.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 18, 2020 4:38PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petsorc OP? Not in no-CP, he must be kidding
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In fantasy books and such yeah magic will always end up being more powerful than a basic weapon. But in a video game where players fight other players with multiple classes playstyles and set ups there must be the allowance for non-magic based players to actually play the game. Logically it doesn't make sense but in a video game fiction subsumes reality in the overall gameplay simply because nobody would play anything but magicka.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all Magsorcs are liars
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »

Totally agree mate he/she/it has obviously never played a petscorc in no-cp.
    I quit using pets a while back, completely useless except for the HP buff and small heal - not worth the double slot.

Be safe
  • Reyleigh
    Reyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    I main a magsorc, i think petsorcs should be nerfed because it's really ez mode, but some other classes as well
    The healing is just too much, people need to start dying at some point in pvp, too many immortals running around and it should not be normal that it takes 15 ppl to take them down
    You put a good magsorc vs a class full of healing, the fight could go on for an hour, no fun in this
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reyleigh wrote: »
    I main a magsorc, i think petsorcs should be nerfed because it's really ez mode, but some other classes as well
    The healing is just too much, people need to start dying at some point in pvp, too many immortals running around and it should not be normal that it takes 15 ppl to take them down
    You put a good magsorc vs a class full of healing, the fight could go on for an hour, no fun in this

I main a Magsorc too, have done since the start, please tell me how its easy mode and i can pass it onto the next axe-wielding maniac that hits me in Cyrodill.

Be safe :)
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I main a Magsorc too, have done since the start, please tell me how its easy mode and i can pass it onto the next axe-wielding maniac that hits me in Cyrodill.

Be safe :)

Nah he or she is just random player claiming to be sorc is op, sorc is broken etc then asking nerf sneakily
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am a sorc and I support buff NB heals. It sux when I play cuz I need to light attack to heal myself!?
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »

Totally agree mate he/she/it has obviously never played a petscorc in no-cp.
    I quit using pets a while back, completely useless except for the HP buff and small heal - not worth the double slot.

Be safe
    Actually, he was using a matriarch when I played against him. That match in particular, he had no deaths, the most kills of anyone in the BG, and still had over 500k healing. That's how it is every match I've seen him in though.
    Edited by Langeston on January 18, 2020 6:08PM
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basicly everything, nerf NB threads were half the threads. Whenever there was anything that could have helped magblade there was a chorus of asking to nerf it into the ground.

A bunch of DK mains piped in too because they saw NBs as the reason wings were nerfed.

At the same time almost everyone were already saying NBs were only so so and being excluded from pvp guilds. The devs then did a pass and gutted the toolkit to remove ‘overlap’

A lot of people don’t play a lot but still post their opinions. You usually get outdated nerf requests on classes that have already been toned down, this happened to NB big time.

Plus there was a lot of L2P involved. People used to wear divines and infused in pvp and be really prone to ganking.

Just to be fair. Half of the forum shouted "nerf Nb" while the other half wrote "Nerf sorc".
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed I'm not a fan of how powerful talentless play styles are. Which is why I think proc sets should be weak, and tanky specs should do pitiful damage. I also think we need to separate damage scaling from healing/damage shield scaling.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I'm aware that Nightblades are in an awful spot but I still think cloak needs nerfed in conjunction with a lot of much needed buffs.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I'm aware that Nightblades are in an awful spot but I still think cloak needs nerfed in conjunction with a lot of much needed buffs.
    Really? Cloak is already borderline garbage as it is in my opinion. Don't get me wrong: it seemed seriously OP AF when I first started, but the more I play & the higher the MMR of the BGs I'm in, the more useless it becomes.

I don't see NBs as much as I used to, but when I do they're almost all super easy kills. Just pop a potion & their defenses are gone for 15 seconds (which is about 3x as long as I need to end them.) The real kicker is, they don't even realize their cloak is gone at first because there's no visual or audio cue that they can be seen.

I still get hate whispers on my magblade every now and then about how I must be running "exploits" because they can't seem to pull me out of cloak, but lately it seems like it doesn't work more often than it does. BGs are basically wall-to-wall AOE anymore, so much of the time cloak pretty much just feels like a wasted slot on my bar.

I'm toying with Dark Cloak now, and if I can make it work I'm just going to ditch Shadowy Disguise. It's not nearly as fun, but at least the game isn't loaded with skills, AOE, & potions that can completely turn it off.
  • Reyleigh
    Reyleigh
    ✭✭✭

Agreed I'm not a fan of how powerful talentless play styles are. Which is why I think proc sets should be weak, and tanky specs should do pitiful damage. I also think we need to separate damage scaling from healing/damage shield scaling.

Exactly
    I aim to truly master the essence of the magsorc, this is the reason i refuse to play petsorc altough they are OP and there's no logical reason not to play them (my hatred for annoying flappy helps though) especially when you have other classes having heals coming out of their butts
    But hey lets wait for the patch notes and see which class gets gutted to oblivion this time :wink:
    My money's on templars, necros and petsorcs

Edited by Reyleigh on January 18, 2020 7:15PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Just to be fair. Half of the forum shouted "nerf Nb" while the other half wrote "Nerf sorc".

No. When NB was nerfed hard in U21-22 half of the forum was dancing from happiness. When sorc was nerfed made more skill based in U23, those people just left the game
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that anybody asking for a nerf should be banned! lets drop the nerf talk in the end almost nobody wants them
    Edited by Maxx7410 on January 18, 2020 7:37PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? Cloak is already borderline garbage as it is in my opinion. Don't get me wrong: it seemed seriously OP AF when I first started, but the more I play & the higher the MMR of the BGs I'm in, the more useless it becomes.

I don't see NBs as much as I used to, but when I do they're almost all super easy kills. Just pop a potion & their defenses are gone for 15 seconds (which is about 3x as long as I need to end them.) The real kicker is, they don't even realize their cloak is gone at first because there's no visual or audio cue that they can be seen.

I still get hate whispers on my magblade every now and then about how I must be running "exploits" because they can't seem to pull me out of cloak, but lately it seems like it doesn't work more often than it does. BGs are basically wall-to-wall AOE anymore, so much of the time cloak pretty much just feels like a wasted slot on my bar.

I'm toying with Dark Cloak now, and if I can make it work I'm just going to ditch Shadowy Disguise. It's not nearly as fun, but at least the game isn't loaded with skills, AOE, & potions that can completely turn it off.

Depends on your opponent. Cloak exists in two forms: overpowered and useless.

If I were to change it I would make it so AoEs no longer break it, but if your opponent uses a light or heavy attack you'll get hit and it'll break cloak as long as you were within LOS. This way Cloak isn't mindlessly broken, but intentional.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on January 18, 2020 7:34PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If I were to change it I would make it so AoEs no longer break it, but if your opponent uses a light or heavy attack you'll get hit and it'll break cloak as long as you were within LOS. This way Cloak isn't mindlessly broken, but intentional.

Thing is who doesn’t have aoes? I have the most trouble with NBs on my warden because you can’t spam bugs. Taking out a NB with northern storm seems like a waste of an ultimate.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As magblade magsorcs are the class that is the easiest to deal with for me. Unless there is an entire zerg of them, but being good at zerging single players is hardly relevant. Idk why they are still considered op by so many players.

Right, because LA/HA don't get spammed mindlessly all the time ...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is tiring.
    When will we ever get over the Sorc vs nb bs?
    Never? Ok.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thing is who doesn’t have aoes? I have the most trouble with NBs on my warden because you can’t spam bugs. Taking out a NB with northern storm seems like a waste of an ultimate.

If the grand majority of opponents use AoEs then my suggestion would be a buff in those circumstances whereas it would be a nerf against opponents like your warden.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on January 18, 2020 7:54PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spellswords are a thing in ES lore. A stamsorc is no less a Sorc because he uses a 2H augmented by his magicka.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 18, 2020 7:56PM
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. When NB was nerfed hard in U21-22 half of the forum was dancing from happiness. When sorc was nerfed made more skill based in U23, those people just left the game

And what does that have to do with my statement? It is still the same in the forum!

Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    This is tiring.
    Never? Ok.

It sorta is over. OP is a newer magblade so is still trying to make it work. Most magblades have already moved on.

New team and a steady stream of nerfs means they have a different idea about pvp. I don’t have much faith things will get better for magblades anytime soon... I mean, they’ve been buffing other classes.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    This is tiring.
    Never? Ok.

It sorta is over. OP is a newer magblade so is still trying to make it work. Most magblades have already moved on.

New team and a steady stream of nerfs means they have a different idea about pvp. I don’t have much faith things will get better for magblades anytime soon... I mean, they’ve been buffing other classes.

My confidence is so low that I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed Templars and nerfed Nightblades again lol